Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What she wears = how she feels/wants to feel

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the last few months I've come to realize that, in the game of dating, you should mirror how a girl dresses. Before that I always wore very casual, comfortable clothes. Jeans, sweatshirt, etc.

One can argue a man should dress how he wants, period. I did that with my oneitis back in the spring, and on two occasions she was angry that I was dressed in jeans while she was looking fine, and while I place value on doing what I want, you have to ask yourself: which is more important, wearing what you want or getting/keeping the girl you want? Remember a girl's feelings for you change bit by bit as little things accumulate.

Women dress based on their feelings, and if a woman is dressed very well it is generally because she feels or wants to feel sexy or romantic. That's why clothes are so important to women -- it's how they portray how they feel about themselves to the world around them. They rarely verbalize how they feel. As Rollo says "the medium is the message".

Since the spring my wardrobe has increased dramatically, both in quantity and quality. Four suits. Baggy sweaters replaced with form fitting sweaters. Tons of fitted dress shirts. While I like how pleats look they are also designed for overweight men, so now the pleats are gone. On a date I wear dress shoes rather than comfortable moc style shoes.

Women are solipsistic and judgmental. A woman will interpret how you are dressed with both your opinion of yourself and your opinion of her. Thus, you have to decide what's important: getting/keeping the girl or doing your own thing.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why in the ****ing world do I have to TUNE to her 'feelings' , she should not go outside if she doesn't feel well ! I don't when I'm not in tune with myself.

Jesus. You're saying I should wear bondage because she wears one ?

**** no.

Wear casual, wear the **** you want. Express yourself and your identity, don't succumb to women. So what ? You won't keep her ? **** that ****, find the one that likes YOU as much as you like HER !

You are once again becoming a whimp.

Women don't express their emotions verbally ?
Men don't express their emotions verbally ?

WHO DOES EXPRESS EMOTIONS ?

Are we ROBOTS today ?

I must say I can't express my emotions directly. Sometimes I don't even know how I express them. Especially when I'm angry/something is wrong.

When I like some girl I don't tell her I like her or love her. I basically hug more, kiss her more on many places etc. It's how I am. Some women like it. Some don't . **** it. Point is if you want to find someone like you, then don't change.

If you want to be lamearse PUA and just pump'n' dump then go ahead and live in your illusion of being alpha male. When in reallity, you are just masking your weakness. You're still being DOMINATED BY HER.

I'm out.

Metal up your ass.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
Over the last few months I've come to realize that, in the game of dating, you should mirror how a girl dresses. Before that I always wore very casual, comfortable clothes. Jeans, sweatshirt, etc.

One can argue a man should dress how he wants, period. I did that with my oneitis back in the spring, and on two occasions she was angry that I was dressed in jeans while she was looking fine, and while I place value on doing what I want, you have to ask yourself: which is more important, wearing what you want or getting/keeping the girl you want? Remember a girl's feelings for you change bit by bit as little things accumulate.

Women dress based on their feelings, and if a woman is dressed very well it is generally because she feels or wants to feel sexy or romantic. That's why clothes are so important to women -- it's how they portray how they feel about themselves to the world around them. They rarely verbalize how they feel. As Rollo says "the medium is the message".

Since the spring my wardrobe has increased dramatically, both in quantity and quality. Four suits. Baggy sweaters replaced with form fitting sweaters. Tons of fitted dress shirts. While I like how pleats look they are also designed for overweight men, so now the pleats are gone. On a date I wear dress shoes rather than comfortable moc style shoes.

Women are solipsistic and judgmental. A woman will interpret how you are dressed with both your opinion of yourself and your opinion of her. Thus, you have to decide what's important: getting/keeping the girl or doing your own thing.
Thats an interesting point, +1

edit repped u recently so forget it ;)

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Scott,

I am discussing clothing and how women view it. What's your demographic -- $10/week allowance? Mine is a salary of over 6 figures. I'm NOT saying I'm special because of that, I'm saying the women in my world make that kind of money and they dress accordingly. Women express how they feel about themselves with their clothes and they expect men to dress similarly. I have been warned by colleagues numerous times not to wear jeans and a hoodie on a date yet I've done it much to my chagrin. Why? Because the impression is that I don't have my shyt together financially; that I'm a kid; that I don't take her or the date seriously. That is simply what it looks like to a woman 30+ who has her career and financial house in order and has many choices among men who will date her. Maybe it'd be appropriate in high school but it sure as f*ck isn't in the adult world (despite the fact that I like it).

Perhaps this should be in the "mature man" forum because, sure, it doesn't necessarily apply to teenagers and college kids who don't have careers, don't have their financial shyt in order, and whose population world is closed (high school, college).

Note: I said mirror how the girl dresses. If you're in to granola girls who wear jeans, sandals, and burlap shirts DON'T put on slacks and an oxford shirt. That's not how she dresses/feels about herself and her world. To her a three piece suit might represent what's wrong with the world - you know, corporate tools not caring about the environment and focusing solely on money. Etc.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
Women dress based on their feelings, and if a woman is dressed very well it is generally because she feels or wants to feel sexy or romantic.
I worked at an mma event in a very small town last weekend. One of the great things about fight events, whether it's boxing or mma, is that it gives women an excuse to dress like slvts, especially in places where there is no dance club to be seen. It's like Halloween in that respect. Any woman who will stand around in stiletto heels while unaccompanied by a guy is just begging for you to talk to her. If you can mention that you like her shoes, while at the same time pretend to not notice that she is smoking hot and half-naked, then you pass the test, and she is as good as yours.

omega05

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But I mean is this a revelation to you? Not even for women but just in general, how are you making 6 figures and wearing jeans/hoodies on a date? Go to the gap/ brooks brothers/j crew/ express etc and get some slacks and button ups/polo's and khaki's and dress shoes.

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuanabe said:
Scott,

I am discussing clothing and how women view it. What's your demographic -- $10/week allowance? Mine is a salary of over 6 figures. I'm NOT saying I'm special because of that, I'm saying the women in my world make that kind of money and they dress accordingly. Women express how they feel about themselves with their clothes and they expect men to dress similarly. I have been warned by colleagues numerous times not to wear jeans and a hoodie on a date yet I've done it much to my chagrin. Why? Because the impression is that I don't have my shyt together financially; that I'm a kid; that I don't take her or the date seriously. That is simply what it looks like to a woman 30+ who has her career and financial house in order and has many choices among men who will date her. Maybe it'd be appropriate in high school but it sure as f*ck isn't in the adult world (despite the fact that I like it).

Perhaps this should be in the "mature man" forum because, sure, it doesn't necessarily apply to teenagers and college kids who don't have careers, don't have their financial shyt in order, and whose population world is closed (high school, college).

Note: I said mirror how the girl dresses. If you're in to granola girls who wear jeans, sandals, and burlap shirts DON'T put on slacks and an oxford shirt. That's not how she dresses/feels about herself and her world. To her a three piece suit might represent what's wrong with the world - you know, corporate tools not caring about the environment and focusing solely on money. Etc.
Maybe I don't have a career with money for now. Haven't even finished the high school. But last time I checked, from my 5th year to my 18th birthday. I saved 23 000 $ in my bank account. Not bad considering that in my country average sallary is 350$. While most of kids throw their money , I save it as much as possible.

When I go out I don't wear hoodie. But I try to make it 'urban' .

Most of times I wear T shirts with print on it. Most of them are made by myself to express myself. Girls dig it. People comment it on the streets.

I wear either ripped jeans, or 'normal ' ones. And on torso either t ****, or a polo shirt. Again depends on the weather etc. I even wore a business suit and Jack Daniels t shirt with ripped jeans. That's the day when women were simply sending me with eyes " I ****ed with you right now ", I could feel it staring at me.

My point is you can 'tune' to her 'feelings' but also make it 'your way' . Stand out in the crowd. Sure thing I'm a teenager but I always had that need. Simply that rule that I should follow what she's dressing doesn't really fit into my mindset.

Could you explain how will I know what she's going to wear ? You are not going to ask her now, are you ? She will think something is wrong with her, that you see her as a slvt etc ( Happened to me. )

Best bet is to try be 'yourself' and stand out from the crowd. And observe how is she dressing. And yes, if you are going on some important meeting , don't tell me you're going on it with a hoodie and ripped jeans ? I personally wouldn't.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omega: No, not a revelation. I just never gave a crap until I got sick of that attitude working against me so much. I was spoiled due to being in a 7 year relationship where I could get away with dressing down because the girl loved me so much (we'd fight about it but I could get away with meeting her half way about what I wore). Successful dating > wearing whatever the F I feel like wearing. That said, notice that Scott argued against what I wrote and WDW liked the point about women's internal judgment mechanism.

Scott: How will you know what she's going to wear? You won't know exactly but you have to gauge that on the venue you'll be at and what you know about her. What does she do for career? What's her background? What have you seen her wear in the past? Do you think she is going to want to impress you? Etc. In the past, with that information, my attitude was always "I don't care I wear what I feel like wearing regardless of the girl" but that is an immature attitude because it doesn't accept the reality of being appropriate in order to make a good impression on the girl.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on the girl and where you are going. Can't wear jeans and a T at a wedding, and you can't wear a tux on a nature hike. Situational calibration is the key.