"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What sacrifices do I have to make to work in the nightlife industry?

drakeisfire

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2017
Messages
272
Reaction score
50
Age
34
I currently have a great 9 to 5 which tops out at about 45 hours a week and the money is not too bad. The industry is also one which I enjoy and the work is fulfilling in itself, not much to whine about.

My thing is I have always wanted to work in the nightlife industry, ideally as a bartender. After looking around, most bars do not do interviews on weekends and they do not hire for weekend shifts if you are part-time because those go to the most senior workers. It is a tough spot.

What sacrifices would I have to make to be a bartender or work at a top notch nightclub that draws in hot girls and the party people?
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Von

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
2,189
Reaction score
1,221
Age
37
1) You have to accept to give up day life :p
2) You'll only date and social around the nightlife industry
3) You have to work on the weekends (Thursday to sunday)
4) You might become deaf from all the music
5) They have their own hierarchy (busboy are minions, Bartender are the knight,bouncers are the tower, manager is King and take the first bang)
 
Top