What place you choose for a first date and WHY?

What kind of date you usually go for and WHY?

• 1. Expensive restaurant ( more than $15-17 per person)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2. Moderate restaurant (less then $15-$17 per person)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 3. Coffee at a cafe\coffe house like Starbuck

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 4. Coffee at some other place like a nice mall where you can stroll a bit

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • 5. Art gallery, museum etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6. A stroll in the park\city

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • 7. Action date: from swimming to biking together

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 8. Other creative choice

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What places you choose to take your date on the first date to and WHY?

Do you want to impress her with your creativity?
Just go for somehting simple?
Somehtin impressivly fine i.e. expensive?
A place where you can talk?
What motivates you to choose a place for a first date?

scordate

Don Juan
Reaction score
you mean first 'real' date ?
then cosy restaurant with small tables
so your hands and knees could touch !

you mean 'simple' date ?
getting to know date:
simple café

Golden Arms

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know a really nice pool hall where I take all my first dates

Great atmosphere, drinks, pool, some other games - darts, etc..
It's not one of those hole in the wall sports bars, where you have to pay by inserting quarters to play pool, this place has really good pool tables with ample space and you pay by the hour

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cozy coffee house. No need for distractions when I want all of her attention focused on me. ;)

Monsta Mac

Reaction score
If the lucky lady has proved herself...ill take her to an amusement park....

Here's Why

A. It will definately be fun and exciting.

B. She will associate those fun and exciting feelings with you.

C. Youl have plenty of time to talk while waiting in those long lines.

D. Lots of body contact and kino.

E. She will see you as a fun and exciting person.

PS.

THIS IS FOR THAT WOMAN WHO YOU THINK IS WORTHY.
THIS IS FOR THAT CHICK YOU KISSED THE FIRST NITE YOU MET HER.
THIS IS FOR THAT GIRL YOU FU*KED OR ALMOST FU*KED THE FIRST NITE.
THIS IS FOR THAT CUTIE WHO YOU JUST MET AND HIT IT OFF WITH WHO YOU THINK IS A COOL CHICK.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear "cosy" is popular. What's cosy for you? Quiet? Not a lot of light? Decent looking ...chairs & tables?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Concert, music/arts festival, or the like

Something that will stand out like an erect penis above her usual boring 1st dates. Something thatn gets the heart beating, and takes the pressure for conversation away.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monsta Mac
If the lucky lady has proved herself...ill take her to an amusement park....

Here's Why

A. It will definately be fun and exciting.

B. She will associate those fun and exciting feelings with you.

C. Youl have plenty of time to talk while waiting in those long lines.

D. Lots of body contact and kino.

E. She will see you as a fun and exciting person.
This works for me for a second date. However, I would have planted the seeds of what you explained during the first meeting.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
I hear "cosy" is popular. What's cosy for you? Quiet? Not a lot of light? Decent looking ...chairs & tables?
Quiet but usually have some good music playing. Preferable candlelit tables. Corner booths instead of chairs and tables so you can sit together for kino and still be able to look out into the coffee shop or restaurant.

This works for me because I'm a huge conversationalist and part of my sarging includes using my voice. It helps when I am in a place that is conducive to her being able to easily hear the resonance of it. Add that with some eye flirtations and kino and it's usually a recipe for success (for me).

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess i live in another world.

my social skills for " dates " suck i guess.

my chicks pretty much just get to cruise around with me in my car while i do whatever i have to do that night.

maybe McDonalds if they hungry ( drive - thru )

sex in the back of my car. but i make sure i take them to a nice spot. usually the beach or a lookout overlooking the beach.

it wasn't always like that. once a long time ago in a galaxy far far away i took a gf out to the movies and stuff. she liked me to take her on picnics :)

picnics is probably what i recomend or chillin' at the beach at night time on a blanket.

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In Translation
i guess i live in another world.
my social skills for " dates " suck i guess.

my chicks pretty much just get to cruise around with me in my car while i do whatever i have to do that night.
maybe McDonalds if they hungry ( drive - thru )
sex in the back of my car. but i make sure i take them to a nice spot. usually the beach or a lookout overlooking the beach.
You seem a really experienced DJ: on a first date you dont talk much and after that... have sex with her in the car?
You probably the best guy at hypnosis then LOL
And you still want to improve you skills? Seems you got more than enough pf them according to your results....
Uh...Were you just joking?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Quiet but usually have some good music playing. Preferable candlelit tables. Corner booths instead of chairs and tables so you can sit together for kino and still be able to look out into the coffee shop or restaurant.

This works for me because I'm a huge conversationalist and part of my sarging includes using my voice. It helps when I am in a place that is conducive to her being able to easily hear the resonance of it. Add that with some eye flirtations and kino and it's usually a recipe for success (for me).
So then it seems it is not a coffee house? More like a cosy restaurant.
Did you have some voice training at your work..school...? Or is it a natural thing?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Concert, music/arts festival, or the like

Originally posted by Bonhomme
Something that will stand out like an erect penis above her usual boring 1st dates. Something thatn gets the heart beating, and takes the pressure for conversation away.
The idea is awesome, the words are awesome. Though
if it is a concert - you would not be able to talk much: more like a movie date.

Art festival is definitely cool, but how you managed to find so many festivals for each first date? Amazing.
Good idea for second\third date though.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
UNCOMMON GROUNDS! Hahaha, i love that place! It is VERY cozy and relaxed, plus with dimmed lights both of you look better ;)

I dont like how expenisve their chai is at $5 a pop, but when she pays for herself it's alright.

It is a very good place for the first date, i might actually go there on a date tonight.
You summama-b1tch, if I catch you in my corner booth I will toss you out on your ear!! :woo: :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by al77
So then it seems it is not a coffee house? More like a cosy restaurant.
Did you have some voice training at your work..school...? Or is it a natural thing?
No, it's a coffee house in an old Victorian home. Very good ambiance.

I've given a lot of presentations at work and taught various classes for school and my bike club so I just tend to have a lot of opportunities to use my voice.

The way I practice is occasionally reading the newspaper or a magazine article aloud. I use some of the vocalization skills that you can find on the net, basically just making your voice resonate in your chest and adjusting your voice tonality. It's actually very easy with just a little practice.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's exactly it, al77

That's strictly intentional on my part that it's hard to talk. Talking is the weakest part of my game, at least most of the time. I don't want to talk much, and want to have easy, automtic converstion topics, which those sort of dates provide in spades.

There aren't festivals going on quite every week here, but it's actually pretty close here in the summer. The Detroit Festival of the Arts was this weekend, in a few weeks there's the Tastefest. Then a couple weeks later, my fave of the lot, the 4th Street Fair.

But I hardly caught the Arts Festival this weekend: had a couple gals I know came up from out of town, and we went to explore the abandoned train station (the most renowned of the great Detroit ruins), among other things. I was realllyyy cool...

It's fun hanging with the above-mentioned gals, but there's a weird sort of triangle going on: one of them is really hot for me, but there are some serious logistical complications, regarding her living situation, and I don't think she can get into it with me without becoming seriously attached. It would be difficult for either of us to relocate, though she likes it here...

The other gal likes me, too, but has some major points of incompatibility that would almost certainly preclude a relationship even if she does move here, which she's strongly considering

I wish they were hedonistic bi girls...

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: That's exactly it, al77

Originally posted by Bonhomme

That's strictly intentional on my part that it's hard to talk. Talking is the weakest part of my game, at least most of the time. I don't want to talk much, and want to have easy, automtic converstion topics, which those sort of dates provide in spades.

But I hardly caught the Arts Festival this weekend: had a couple gals I know came up from out of town, and we went to explore the abandoned train station (the most renowned of the great Detroit ruins), among other things. I was realllyyy cool...

It's fun hanging with the above-mentioned gals, but there's a weird sort of triangle going on: one of them is really hot for me, but there are some serious logistical complications, regarding her living situation, and I don't think she can get into it with me without becoming seriously attached. It would be difficult for either of us to relocate, though she likes it here...
I dont talk much myself on a date, usually I make her talk about herself - so it is easy to see what kind of person she is right away. If we dont have time\oppportunity to talk, then I feel like I dont have enough info about her to qualify her, i.e. I need a second first date...

Where is the train station you mentioned located? If it is abandoned then is it ...safe? Again it is a good idea for a second date I am sure. But if a gal is from Detroit area and I would suggest to go see abandoned station in Detroit.. well.. not sure she will agree.

So out of town girls were a smart choice. Was it a first date?

Why complications? if you dont want her to be attached then she visits you occasionally and you visit her.

The DomMega

Don Juan
Reaction score
A first date is nothing more than drinks. Why does this girl deserve dinner or a movie or biking or whatever the hell else? I'm assuming she's attractive and if thats the case that only makes me want to **** her, nothing more.

I do however believe in reciprocation and it should be of the 25/75 ratio. For every 75 cents she spends on you, you can spend 25 on her. Taking a girl out for drinks allows you to do a multitude of things. One its only a matter of time before she tells you how each one of her relationships failed and why. Thus giving you the upperhand on what NOT to do. It also lowers her inhibitions allowing things to go further quicker providing you have even a shred of game. And to top all that off, it doesn't cost you that much to extract this info, if anything.

Know who you're dating before you actually "dating" them.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a time (I think) when I wouldn't want to talk much on a date. But adding that to your repertoire will give you many many more opportunities. Plus, not many guys actually have that skill so you will stand out by default.

I just had a 'net-chick' at my place tonight that told me that she loved the fact that I can talk about anything, that she's never bored when she's with me. Hell, I don't have to worry about where to go or what to do, I just have to talk. Plus it's easy on the wallet. ;)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah the train station ....

That wasn't a first date by any means, but an example of some of the kind of things I like to do when I get together with gals. It's the 2nd weekend straight the gals have come over, now they want me to visit them.

It's located just west of Tiger Stadium. It's not entirely safe: there's mainly the danger of being hit by a piece of tile falling off the 50' high, arched ceilings in what was the main lobby, and the stairwell is starting to show some weak steps (OK if you stay off the center of the steps), and it was a bit difficult to get in & out (had to rappel a bit), but that was part of the excitement. They certanly won't forget the experience.

The complications can be briefly summed up in that I sense gal #1 thinks of me as LTR material, may not be the type to be able to deal with a FB situation without attachment, and the logistics of our situations preclude either of us moving in the near future.

Good you have that skill, Francisco. I tend to be inconsistent, but am a pretty good listener. Once there's a good topic to latch onto, I can be very good, but sometimes I'm just a man of few words...