What now?

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's a pic of me, i'm all around pretty defined and stuff, my question i guess is what now? What do you think i should work on and see if you can identify and weak areas. Don't worry about being critical, i'm very open to critisism.

Picture

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should eat more. Also, add squats to your routine if you don't already to them.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Add more size w/ maintaining a low bodyweight. Lift hard! One major muscle group a day w/ a minor workout for another muscle(Tri w/ little bi). Take a day off a week. Eat 1.5grams of protein per pound you weight. Sleep at least 6-8 hours a night,anything else is overkill. Just give that a shot and you will see a difference in a couple of weeks!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Add more size w/ maintaining a low bodyweight. Lift hard! One major muscle group a day w/ a minor workout for another muscle(Tri w/ little bi). Take a day off a week. Eat 1.5grams of protein per pound you weight. Sleep at least 6-8 hours a night,anything else is overkill. Just give that a shot and you will see a difference in a couple of weeks!

A. One major muscle group a day with a minor workout for another muscle? I hope you mean a Bench/Squat/Deadlift oriented workout with some assistance exercises for the necessary muscle groups, while focusing mainly on compound lifts.:D

B. More than 8 hours of sleep is overkill eh? Says who? I'd recommend getting 9-10 hours of sleep. Yeah. Thats a lot.

C. Why settle at 1.5? Bump it up to two. It's tough. Believe me. You'll pack on some mass though.

As for the OP, gain some damn muscle lol. Get a haircut too. You're lean, but you're skinny as f*ck. BTW, we can't tell too much about your "weak areas" due to the fact that we have a single front flex picture. No back, no legs, no other poses. Can't really see the triceps or the full peak on the biceps. Plus, that seems to be some very flattering lighting. Take a picture in broad daylight, then come back.

cuzza

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
- Gain some weight, just eat anything. In my opinion you're too thin, although many people like bodyfats that low, I think it looks ill.
- Get some muscle, you don't really have any at all. Your forearms look non-existent.
- Get a haircut, seriously.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True Wolf said:
So here's a pic of me, i'm all around pretty defined and stuff, my question i guess is what now? What do you think i should work on and see if you can identify and weak areas. Don't worry about being critical, i'm very open to critisism.

Picture

You are not muscular at all, you are just skinny and defined. You surely look better than your average joe, but nothing more than that, since what you got now is attainable by most people in no more than a couple of months.
Just eat a lot and don't worry about bodyfat. When you have that bodyfat but you weigh AT LEAST 30 lbs more, you'll ask what to do.

BustedKnucks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat more, a lot more. Keep working out and eat about 2.5x your weight in pounds in grams of protein a day. Cut your hair, go tanning.

You look physically fit, but not strong. Decrease your reps and do more weight. For example, if you are doing 3x10 bench presses at 150/160/175, instead do 8x160 6x175 4x 185 or something like that. Try and increase your max just before you get comfortable.

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
how much do you weigh? How long have you been lifting to this point?
Basically I don't think there's a point when you say "what next?". Kinda looks like you just focused on your chest and abs to me. Work the shoulders and traps.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like he is standing up on something

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys!

Ok, so some explanations...

1: I am 16, a skinny bastard, i can't help it, quick metabolism is hard to keep up with.

2: I am 6'2" and the ceiling is really low

3: I'm not getting a haircut

4: I know the picture sucks, but with a ****ty camera and ****tier light that what i had to work with

5: I wiegh 155lbs, so that would be roughly 310 grams of protein a day. Can anyone point me in the right direction to attain that?

6: My lifts that i can do are limited, i have a benchpress and a curl bar at home, that's about it.

7: My long term goal is to weigh 190lbs, that's 35lbs to go

8: I'm really busy every day with school and work so i can't dedicate a ton of time to working out, how can i hit the wieghts hard enough to make it count without a gruesome amount of time?

Thanks for all your input guys, and keep the tough critique up, that's exactly what i feel i need.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To answer #8: You could, but not by doing #6.

Mjazz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a straight bench press bar at home, your lifts are not limited at all.
Bar- deadlifts, squats, bent over rows, bench press, good mornings, Stiff legged deadlifts, power cleans, snatches, overhead squats, front squats

Curl bar- skull crushers, bicep curls

You have no excuses, the only good exercises you cant do are dips and pull ups, but you can do push ups and all ab work without equipment.
The key isnt time, its intensity, you must be FOCUSED for that half hour you work out, I am always in a heavy sweat when I am done.
you also dont need 2 grams of protein per pound, id say just aim for 155 grams a day, dont worry if its lower.

ps get a hair cut.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A. One major muscle group a day with a minor workout for another muscle? I hope you mean a Bench/Squat/Deadlift oriented workout with some assistance exercises for the necessary muscle groups, while focusing mainly on compound lifts.

No I mean when you work out your back,do 3-4 set exercises for your bicep just to give a it a mild workout. It's a recommendation,it's GREAT for me.

B. More than 8 hours of sleep is overkill eh? Says who? I'd recommend getting 9-10 hours of sleep. Yeah. Thats a lot.

Why 9-10 hours???? You have a life to live,that is overkill. Technically your body only needs 4.5 hours of sleep a night to properly work(Navy Seal training) but you need up to 8 to grow. Your body just slips into a nocturnal state after.

C. Why settle at 1.5? Bump it up to two. It's tough. Believe me. You'll pack on some mass though.

Your body can only handle soo much protein,the rest is wasted. I know someone who used to take in 800 a day for a year,yeah so what,I'm right behind him only taking in 200 a day at 150 lbs. You know you have had too much protein when you start protein farting. If you are farting more then 2 protein farts a hour you already have reached your limit.