What kind of fitness center? What kind of training?

DJ24SEVEN

Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to join a fitness center soon. Are national chains, like Bally's, any good? Or should I look for a small local gym?

I want to train while seeing hot girls in tight outfits work out. Is a national chain a better choice?

As far as my training, I want to start taking some protein supplements to add mass so I can gain some weight. I don't want to become a body builder, but I would like beefier arms and legs. Basically, a rock hard body while maintaining a slim look.

Presently, I'm 5'10'', 140lbs. I already have a good build with good biceps. My goal is 160lbs-165lbs.

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno how things in US, but here I found I m well off with local gyms.
anyways most of times I've found that PT there are bunch of dirt. so I prefer to do my research and write down programs for myself(it takes time, but it's even harderr to figure out if ur PT is good enugh)
I even know some PTs' who recommend 15+ reps to get good shape...
better check out www.bodybuilding.com
or forum.bodybuilding.com
I found advice at bodybuilding darn good..
I checked out Diesel advice too, he's pretty good with his programs, so you can follow most stuff from there and learn more from bodybuilding
WhoAmI

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Try a gym out...most franchise gyms will at least give you a oneday pass or even a weeklong pass. If you're looking for girls, the best time to go is Monday or Tuesday 6 - 8 pm. Bally's seems right for your objectives and they're typically LOADED w/ HBs. I go to Gold's, not as many HBs but it's a better gym overall and a little more $$.