"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What is the best answer in this scenario?

sosumba

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
169
Reaction score
87
Imagine this situation: I meet a girl at the club. At one point I take her hand and start to lead her to a more private location at the club. She complies with the action by following and does not release the hand but asks:

"Where are we going?"

What is the proper Don Juan-way to answer here?
A: "You will see."
B: "I want to show you something"
C: "We are going to a more quiet place"
D: "We are going to chill"
E: "I am abducting you."
F: "We are going to meet my parents."
G: ?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
“Someplace our mothers won’t approve of”
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
Honesty, you could say anything really and it would still be funny.

These are off the top of my head:

1) "To never never land"
2) "We're off to see the wizard, just follow the yellow brick road"
3) "Shhhhh...........Slaves don't speak"
4) "Down the rabbit hole. Wanna see how far it goes?"
5) "To my dungeon"
 
Top