Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is Social Proof?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I see a lot of advice here is “get social proof, it will increase your attractiveness with girls.” What the heck is social proof?

If girls love is fleeting, conditional, and transient, it’s based on what you can do for her and her needs today, how can “social proof” be anything of substance? Shouldn’t men be confident in their abilities, provide a service of value and have the girl chips fall where they may, rather than have girls love them because of genetics or luck or location?

Humans follow group think, so if everyone likes him and adores him, he must be ok. An actor could sleep with a hot actress every weekend, yet a surgeon could be alone Friday nights.

I think social proof just means you are “safe” for the girl, but it doesn’t mean you provide value.

Your thoughts please.

Last edited:

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Simple. The actor has the spotlight and attention from the public. Most surgeon, in public, wouldn't. However, the surgeon WILL have social proof from where he works, medical confrences, university lectures, and if it's a teaching hospital; his students. Trust when I say, if a surgeon wants good pvssy, he will get it with four words... Hey, I'm Dr. Smith.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
man with social proof and not ugly face before girl is 25 == everything

(assuming she havent learned about the infinite dating pool on available on tinder)

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
social proof also makes naive people buy lot of stuff they dont need.

entering a website, seeing ton of positive comments, 1000 IG/twitter/FB likes, manipulative heading == automated product ordering lol

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doctors and actors just have higher status. Before social media social proof was basically being well adjusted socially, having confidence in you ability’s, and being a likeable person.

Now with social media more people are conserned with pushing there own brand. They go places and do things just to post it on social media. Hang out with people they don’t care about just to “get social proof”. Guys with 1000+ followers could be complete asses and people will still try and be buddy’s with him I t’s really pathetic and desperate but the way it is now. It’s really not something I’d be concerned with unless you in high school.

So if you want social proof. Make an instagram Snapchat etc. and start getting 1000+ followers. And bam you got social proof. Post pics of you at the club, in high end places, wearing and shopping at only the best.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social proof is simply something that gives a person added value over everyone else. It can come in many forms. Knowledge, wealth, career position, accomplishments.

People are less skeptical of one with social proof. They seek those people out. The average person will let their guard down and be more willing to follow one with social proof.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think too many people in this thread are confusing social proof with LMS.
They are not the same.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doctors in America have a ton of social proof. Its like they are put on pedestals based simply on title. Their employees prop them up as well do their patients. Most people think they have the "best" doctor on the planet when they have nothing to base that on.

Engineers carry a lot of social proof in certain environments where technical expertise is required. In product manufacturing, the engineer is always the one people turn to to solve a problem. His word is gospel. There are technicians that might know more about how something works than the engineer who designed it, but at the end of the day the social proof is with the engineer. He has more value than the technician.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not the same.
Please explain your interpretation as it could help many.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please explain your interpretation as it could help many.
Social proof is seen through the public eye. It's how you're perceived amongst people you know and dont know. Most people with social proof have a magnetic personality.
I've seen rich people with social proof and I've seen low income people with social proof.
Ever seen an awkward doctor? I have!
More than I can count on my fingers.

I see people write actors in this thread. Why actors?
Have you seen how they behave outside of film? I guarantee you, you haven't!
Some celebrities are so high up on the fame chart that you can't even get close to them to find out how their personalities are.

When I see real social proof through professions, I see Stand-up Comedians, MMA Fighters, DJs, Singers, Radio Jockeys, and Politicians.
But even politicians can put on a fake appearance.

Last edited:

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think social proof just means you are “safe” for the girl, but it doesn’t mean you provide value.
That doesn't matter.

What matters to a girl is whether you make her tingly. What "value" does a jobless drug addict provide all the women he sleeps with?

Women are usually more attracted to men who are desired by other women. This is social proof. How successful are you with other women? How attractive are those women? It's that simple.

xuzaki

Don Juan
Reaction score
For details on how social proof is applied in marketing, read "Influence" by Robert Cialdini.

Girls get more attracted to a guy when they see others behaving in certain ways with him. That could be other girls smiling at him, or it could be guys following his lead.

The Mystery Method talks about it too. You don't have to be an actor or surgeon. If you're a poor janitor and a girl sees other girls chasing you or people following your lead, she will have an increased value perception of you.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple. The actor has the spotlight and attention from the public. Most surgeon, in public, wouldn't. However, the surgeon WILL have social proof from where he works, medical confrences, university lectures, and if it's a teaching hospital; his students. Trust when I say, if a surgeon wants good pvssy, he will get it with four words... Hey, I'm Dr. Smith.
Especially at the hospital where those hot freaky nurses will take that d!ck all day long in the closets and empty rooms

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not the same.
Some people have social proof because of their LMS.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Women are usually more attracted to men who are desired by other women. This is social proof. How successful are you with other women? How attractive are those women? It's that simple.
That doesn’t make sense.

So a medical doctor doesn’t know how to talk to women, but an actor can bed any hot actress, the actor has social proof but the doctor doesn’t?

Social proof has no value. It’s a human survival strategy. If other girls like him, there must be something about him, even though we don’t know what that thing about him is. We just follow others because we feel safer when we follow the herd and group think.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That doesn’t make sense.
It doesn't have to make sense to be true. You are trying to use logic and reason to say something SHOULD be a certain way, and also saying that the way things are should NOT be because it doesn't make sense to you, or because you don't have it so you wish it weren't true.

Social proof has no value.
It's like you're trying to define value as money, or job skills, or provider ability, and saying that if social proof doesn't deliver these then it shouldn't exist and shouldn't be a factor. You won't make something reality simply by trying to reason it.

Social proof has strong value for men. If a guy is not getting laid, then he focuses on building social proof by befriending attractive women, posting pics of himself with these women on social media, etc, and doing so gets him laid often, then the social proof had value. Does his social proof provide value to the women who sleep with him? Probably not (beyond primitive social conditioning responses), but why do you care about that? The bottom line is that it attracts them, so it provides value to him.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Especially at the hospital where those hot freaky nurses will take that d!ck all day long in the closets and empty rooms
No doubt. Heard about those little encounters from many of dudes. Goes back to the old saying, ladies, they just ain't loyal. The only difference now is that men are starting to realize this. Have fun with them, maybe have a kid or two if a dude wants to pass on his genes; but don't marry them.