Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is Masculine Humour

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
So I was Watching AMS (Alpha Male Strategies) and he brought up a really interesting point, that you should use masculine humour so you dont come off as a "goofball/Cornball".

It got me thinking, in a lot of dates i do come off as a dancing monkey, how do i change that and make my humour masculine? Because without it I am basically a robot with no feelings.

Any examples of good jokes that don't make you come off as a "goofball"?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Become good at storytelling. One of the best ways to learn how is to watch late night talk shows and see how actors and actresses come on and tell stories. They are carefully crafted to get the audience to like them.

Develop some interesting stories from things in your life and use the same ones over and over again, tweaking it using the general pattern you get from the way tell their stories until they work well and you get results.

I have developed several and tell them over the first few dates and it really draws them in and they find you to be interesting and they can't get enough of hearing about them...you know they are working when you start hearing stuff like "You have the most interesting stories..." Or "I love the stories you tell!"

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although no "masculine jokes" come to mind, I'd like to offer some friendly advice.

A lot of times, if we hit a dry patch with women, or if we're wanting to correct problems we made in a previous relationship... we are tempted to "try on new hats."

There's nothing wrong with tossing out things that don't seem to be working. And there's also nothing wrong with modifying things to get better results. However, if we try to be something (or somebody) that we aren't, it's a recipe for failure.

The "Alpha" term is way overused on this forum. In fact, I suspect that the majority of those that like to project some "alpha" image on here are the biggest failures. This is probably the only place where they can feel empowered. You've probably seen someone that has tried to pretend to be cooler than they actually are. This is something that you probably saw straight through. This behavior is even a bigger turn off to women.

My advice is not to be self-conscious of being "alpha" enough. We are all self-conscious to some degree and I'm no exception. Everyone is. I can assure you that the more comfortable you are with yourself; which comes from liking yourself and not measuring your worth against others... the more successful you'll be with women. I guarantee you that this paragraph will help you score more with women than knowing the proper masculine jokes.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just think back to 80’s movies like 16 Candles. The hero is usually not masculine and is a goof-ball nerd type. The cool guy who gets all the girls is much more level-headed and not goofy. Don’t be the 80’s movie hero.

Dont:
  • Try to impress and entertain
  • Put on a show
  • Do impersonations
  • Quote movies
  • Act things out
These are not rules and they aren’t deal breakers (except for the first two which I consider to be hard rules), and I have sometimes done these things on dates. But for someone who feels they are being a dancing monkey now and is wondering how to change, avoiding the above things is a good start.

So I have said what not to do.... but not what TO do. If you can be funny in a goofy way, I wouldn’t worry about humor. It will probably come naturally. Women don’t want to be entertained and if you put yourself in the entertainer role, you are establishing her as the person you’re trying to impress and you as the beggar who is hoping she will decide to like you. Instead, focus on having a genuine, deep, meaningful conversation where you get to know who she really is. 99% of guys don’t do this. You will stand out. The best way I can describe how to go about this is to ask her a very general question, then when she answers, challenge her by asking a more specific question, and then relate it to something personal for you. As you do this, there will likely be opportunities to say something a bit funny in there.

Example:
If money were no object, where would you go for a week long vacation?
The North Pole!
<you look at her like she is nuts, but also with a slight smirk, and you don’t say a word but just sit in silence>
Hahaha I know! It’s a funny choice, but I want to be a climatologist and have always dreamed of going there and learning about the research they do.
Most people would want to go lay on a beach for their vacation. You sound like someone who has a thirst for knowledge.
Yeah I am just really active and always seeking out adventures where I get to see, experience, and learn new things!
I hear that.... I remember one of my favorite vacations was going on a guided tour of the Brazilian rain forest. The guide spent a lot of time teaching us about all the plants and animals in the ecosystem there.

So not a ton of humor there, but there was a bit in the way you challenged her on her answer. It made her laugh. You really don’t need any more than that. It’s more about really getting to understand her and occasionally seizing the opportunity to make her laugh when it presents itself.

Watch some James Bond movies and see how he interacts with women. It’s always in a smirkingly amused way as opposed to trying to be a standup comedian. That’s masculine humor.