what happened to Pook?

DonDiscovery

Don Juan
Reaction score
just wanted to know...the first SS article i ever read was by Pook, but a long time after he left...he seemed to be an SS demi-god, so where did he go?

Night-hawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is already a thread on this.

However, I myself get a sense of that Pookish type of writing over at CH.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he went crazy and killed himself. Over-obsession does that to some people. :whistle:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw him at the mall pushing a stroller and wearing a papoose with a newborn in it. His overweight wife was 5 paces ahead of him walking into Victoria's Secret as she admonished him to wait outside. He then cried out, "Barney the purple dinosaur, I summon thee"...

CloudSurfer

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is bad about a new born and an overweight wife?

Is a miracle, especially the new born.

I wish Pook, could be among us.
and help us.

coachD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe he gave all there was to give and moved on. All the jealousy towards him is amazing. At some point though you do have to go do it. My guess is he feels like he addressed all the things that needed to be addressed and moved on.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CloudSurfer said:
What is bad about a new born and an overweight wife?

Is a miracle, especially the new born.

I wish Pook, could be among us.
and help us.
Nothing. I think it's awesome.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
coachD said:
Maybe he gave all there was to give and moved on. All the jealousy towards him is amazing. At some point though you do have to go do it. My guess is he feels like he addressed all the things that needed to be addressed and moved on.
The guys are just having fun being silly at Pooks expense. Most of us here respect him as a pioneer. I think very few here are actually jealous of him.

I agree that he simply said all he had to say and outgrew this place.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People like Pook because he made a lot of very good points and told it mostly in parable format which was highly entertaining yet informative.

"Woman, I summon thee..." etc.

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I wanna know is how many accounts has this Pook guy made asking about himself....

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Pook? The dude who went crazy over chicks? Dont EVER become the dude who over ANALyzes relationships, dating, or chicks...PERIOD.

I've never read anything Pook wrote or the DJ bible as there's posters on here who give simple common sense advice.

Live your own life. Become the best person you can be. That's it.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
People like Pook because he made a lot of very good points and told it mostly in parable format which was highly entertaining yet informative.

"Woman, I summon thee..." etc.
Totally agree. I have described Pook's writing the EXACT same way before.
People act like he gave the best advice ever. Nonsense. I have received great advise from many other forum regulars. And I didn't have to read 3 paragraphs to find a simple, blunt point.

So yes, Pook, was a nice addition to the forum, but thank you regulars here who pushed me from being a shy guy in university who was nervous just meeting a girl to a guy who has no problem initiating sex talk with girls and turning them on from the first meeting.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a lesson to be learned here.

One of the basic tenets of power and influence is to align oneself with a great man who has come before you in the mind of the listener.

By summoning Socrates and other "great" minds of the past, and also by summoning "Womankind", he created in the mind of the reader a certain alignment with and even power over these people and entities.

Instant social proof. Because his writing style was entertaining and therefore accepted by the reader, the underlying manufactured social and intellectual "proof" was also accepted.

He created in you, the reader, the subconcscious perception that he had "magical" powers and power over time and space itself. In the same way he displayed power over historical figures and womankind in general.

That, in concert with the fact that he was pioneering some new paradigms along with others and repackaging them in an entertaining way, is the source of his legendary status.

Takeaway: Verbally align yourself with a person whom your listener esteems, and you become esteemed. Effortless social proof. Apply that to game and to life.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Takeaway: Verbally align yourself with a person whom your listener esteems, and you become esteemed. Effortless social proof. Apply that to game and to life.
Atom smasher - I am agreeing and aligning myself with you.

All who esteem the great smasher of atoms shall now also bow before me!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sooth, thy wisdom speaks of great things in your future, Mr. Filth...

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, I see a lot of the people may be new here or wasn't around when Pook was. You guys have to know the perspective that he is coming at and the environment at the time.

Back in the day, the common sense advice that you see now that is so common wasn't around. It was all routines, speed seduction, etc. and the like, completely different from the stuff he wrote. Pook was one of the few that spearheaded the "work on yourself and be a better person" approach, and he did so in an entertaining way (nothing wrong with that). He shifted the paradigm of the forum. He was one of the people telling everyone that getting women wasn't so complicated.

So it's easy to scoff at his stuff now after the fact and laugh at how anyone can give that kind of advice many years later when the community has caught up. Just remember it wasn't like that back then at all. Give the guy some credit. Personally, his stuff helped me a lot. He is one of Sosuave's own and helped put this site on the seduction community map... and all you guys want to do is bury him :rolleyes:

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I like his writings and go back to it occasionally.