Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What guns, if any, do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My 21st birthday is around a few corners and I am considering investing and someday taking a concealed carry class. Thoughts are appreciated

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Problem with carrying a gun is if you have to use it, you will be sued, probably prosecuted. If you don't use it, someone will shove it up your as* or worse. I would rather be not be in a situation where I have to make that decision. But if you do decide to carry, the Sig Sauer P365 is a nice carry piece.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want something with stopping power. 38 special or 45

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always have a concealed knife with me and know how to use it so I feel pretty safe regarding any 1vs1 situation w/o weapon.

Regarding guns: I see that Americans still don't get it - if person has a gun and wants to use it and actually does it, this person already has INITIATIVE.

So INITIATIVE (pulling gun @somebody) means step from KO. Wearing a gun for a self-defence from an assault is a phucked up/dangerous idea. Even guys trained with weapons FAIL when being mugged with weapons (approx 95% of times if I recall correctly)

USA should really prohibit any gun ownership or gun possession it would certainly help to limit the number of mass shootings & burglaries committed with firearms.
You have a better chance than if you are unarmed. Your comment is the single stupidest thing I've read on this site.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Redskin, do you even own a firearm or just parroting right wing bullsh*t you read on line?

U

user43770

Problem with carrying a gun is if you have to use it, you will be sued, probably prosecuted. If you don't use it, someone will shove it up your as* or worse. I would rather be not be in a situation where I have to make that decision. But if you do decide to carry, the Sig Sauer P365 is a nice carry piece.
My thinking is that it's better to have it and not need it than the other way around. Odds are, the cops won't be anywhere close if you find yourself in danger.

Obviously, a person should study the gun laws in their state. Many states have stand your ground laws.

U

user43770

Check out the Kahr PM9. As far as concealability, reliability and comfort of shooting go, it's hard to beat.

I should mention that I chose the PM9 because I prefer that caliber. You can find smaller, quality .380 pistols, but the ammo will be more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kimber makes some fine pieces. I prefer a double stack 9, either Sig Sauer or Glock. Whatever you choose make sure you are familiar, comfortable and proficient with your choice.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to procure a concealed carry in my state. I'm armed to the gills at home, but there are times out there I wish I was carrying. Just the other day some creep at the gas station was asking for money. I had a strong feeling that had it not been daylight, I would have been toast.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I'm about to procure a concealed carry in my state. I'm armed to the gills at home, but there are times out there I wish I was carrying. Just the other day some creep at the gas station was asking for money. I had a strong feeling that had it not been daylight, I would have been toast.
The news coming into play now is that the 2nd amendment should be your CC permit. I agree.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Need to interject here. I have CC permit which has allowed me to carry in many different situations. In that time, almost 30 years, I have never been in a conflict which would have given legal justification to use deadly force. When you carry it entails a tremendous responsibility which is not often recognized by many. If you are at all inclined to rash or spontaneous reactions do yourself a favor, keep your weapon at home.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need to interject here. I have CC permit which has allowed me to carry in many different situations. In that time, almost 30 years, I have never been in a conflict which would have given legal justification to use deadly force. When you carry it entails a tremendous responsibility which is not often recognized by many. If you are at all inclined to rash or spontaneous reactions do yourself a favor, keep your weapon at home.
Very well said. You are right, the huge responsibility with all its ramifications are often overlooked.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We agree to disagree then.
You may not have the Evil potential AMERICA has door-to-door, street-to-street, city-to-city. I live in nice/clean/virtually crime-free area. However I grew up in an exact opposite gangland Big city up until I was 27 years old. I'll never forget the constant news stories of homicides 300+ total per year, where I am now, maybe ONE per year. I had a dream the other night because I dream more these days and my dreams are vivid and I even still remember it days later, the imprint. In this dream I'm in the back of their car captive to people who HATE me, just because, I guess Schadenfreude, Envy, I don't know why in the dream just that the person turning around in the car with a handgun and smiling/laughing that I can do nothing. Then he/they speak of running my mother over with their car (I live 1000 miles away from my mom but I'll visit once or twice a year) right outside in walking in front of us, just because...getting off on being EVIL with the smiles, laughter, jeers, GANGLAND jeers and hatred of some sick puppies. I've felt that exact hatred in my lifetime when I was much younger. I've felt extreme hatred of myself, even to the point of death. It's been awhile since I've felt sheer hatred towards my being/existence from other entities before me cause I moved to another place 1000 miles away, but I can't Not remember or have been Imprinted with that experience.

In the dream, I had No sidearm. In the dream I felt helpless. Thank God, it was just a dream. A nightmare is feeling helpless to save the ones you love 1st, yourself 2nd.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm certainly not a parrot. I fully believe the ban on fully automatics violates the 2nd Amendment. Try finding that opinion online.
They aren't actually banned. My neighbor has one. It sounds like a ww2 movie. I think that guy has put off retirement so he can keep buying more ammo. You need a Federal permit. It was only like $500 last I checked.

Full auto isn't that great, actually. When I was in rotc 20 years ago, the army was changing the m16 to 3 round bursts from full auto. The rationale was that by the 4th round, you aren't hitting the target any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.