what got you into working out?

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Was it girls? sports? respect?

For me it was dragon ball z. I remember when I first saw it when I was 14. seeing goku putting so much dilligence and intensity into his training and using the awesome power he built to kick so much ass. . . That made working out seem so cool to me.

Around college, it was more for sports/girls.

charlie brown

Don Juan
Reaction score
i got a hyper as **** black lab. if i wouldnt walk her she would rip stuff up. so every other day walks turned into every day.every time i would shoot for a longer trip... then i decided i wanted to be leaner and.. muscular. soi got a dumbell set

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was fat, unhealthy, and ugly! Turned it all around in 2 years :cheer:

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hope7 said:

For me it was dragon ball z. I remember when I first saw it when I was 14. seeing goku putting so much dilligence and intensity into his training and using the awesome power he built to kick so much ass. . . That made working out seem so cool to me.

thats kinda funny i liked kakarott too. vegetta worked harder though but never reached the level goku did.

djtdot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Summer was around the corner and I was bored sitting at home. And my shape was pretty bad. So I thought it would be good to get in shape. 3 months later it is still going pretty good.

Ojete

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's what I first started doing before joining this site for my self-improvement.

I was skinny as ****, I was like 117 lbs 5'7 at 19, when I started to work out and eat like an animal. I now range between 150-170 at 5'8 depending on my periodical goal, but my appearance changed dramatically. From a girly scared boy, to a more confident, normal weight man.

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skeeloo said:
hope7 said:

thats kinda funny i liked kakarott too. vegetta worked harder though but never reached the level goku did.
They both trained very hard, you can't say one trained harder than the other. However, goku trained for a higher purpose, to save others. He also knew how to have fun training and how to stay focued. Vegita, on the other hand, trained only for himself, to be the best. Since he was not number one, he was much mroe stressed during his training, and thats what made it seemed like he worked harder.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I was fed up of being told "wow. Isn't he skinny?" "no meat on him".

So I became the buffest guy in school.

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was skinny and lacked athletisism even though I was alright at some sports.

Butch

Reaction score
It was the first really cute girl (HB8) who ever flirted with me that got me into this stuff, couse i DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!
Being the Nice Guy i was i got obsessed and she lost all her interest.
Then she found herself a real jerk who took her virginity and dumped her on Valentine's Day. It was a REAL good motivation for me to start lifting weights and doing martial arts (brazilian jiu jitsu, kick boxing and boxing).
Now i'm well on my way to becoming an Alpha Male :up:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. This site

2. I'm an athlete

3. I despise people who sacrafice health for other things

4. the girls of course :) rather this is where i notice the changes most

mistermarc

Don Juan
Reaction score
broke up with my gf and decided i put 2 much effort into her and the relationship and well as i now had extra time i devoted that extra energy into bettering myself...start the whole gym thing aiming for a swimmer's body...almost there!..and the girls plus my ex love the new bod!