Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What exactly is a "deep guy"?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I hear this a lot - "He's such a deep guy!"

Now I know what shallow dude is (I'm one), and I know deep is the opposite of shallow, but what exactly is a deep guy? Is it someone who sleeps with fat chicks who have nice personalities? Someone who writes love poems and cry when they watch Titanic?

So...anyone care to tell me what being deep is? Is it just another word for being gay, or am I missing something here?

Bro

Don Juan
Reaction score
artsy- fartsy-coffee shop poetry- pseudo revolutionary- skinny-thrift shop clothes wearing-non working out-art majoring (nothing wrong with that) or sociology majoring-i write my own songs on my guitar type of dude....

I usually don't care or put too much attention on how people describe themselves or others....actions are more important....

this " deep " dude can be a wolf in a sheeps clothing trying to hook up with chicks or he is generally interested in doing "deep" stuff because he likes it.

On a sidenote, women who describe themselves as " strong, independent, agressive women looking for a real man " or somewhere along the lines of that are to be avoided. "Wild", "love to go out clubbing/partying", too.

To answer your question, probably just some dude who is able to express his feelings and emotions via art, poetry, music,writing, and in conversation.

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're asking males but my definition of a deep guy is:

One that has a lot more layers to him, intelligent but complicated, mysterious . . . looks to be in deep thought often . . . you would never find him truly relaxed . . . there's a lot going on beneath the surface that no-one will ever know about . . . nor will he speak about to some chick . . . he has little time for 'nonsense' and the usual B.S. in society . . .

I have no idea what a girl thinks a deep guy is.

The Muscly Jerk

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a "shallow" guy. This is a term drawn from a feminine social convention used to shame men for acting in their own best interests. Every characteristic a woman would consider 'shallow' is a quality that either takes them off a pedestal or puts a man OVERTLY into a position of sexual selection.

Stop using the word "shallow", you only parrot what women want you to think and identify with their setting of the frame.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, most of the time where I've been called "Deep" before by a girl (and she wasn't talking about sex:p ) whas when I was philosophisng about a concept or current events, taken from more then one different angle.

Unfortunatly these people often aren't very smart themselves so they don't know if you actually know what you're talking about or are blowing somke up their a$$. I stopped having these converstations with people who I'm not going to see more then once or for one evening because it's wasted on them anyways.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a moderate guy? lol

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a "deep" guy is a guy who just knows how to listen. You listen, and then you show that you were listening by reiterating what she just said in different words, and cleaning up whatever concept it was she was trying to convey a little. So it's just basic listening skills that not enough people possess. Which is cool for all the former AFC's around here, because that's the one skill you learned while you were "just friends" with girls.

OR. . .
It could also mean that you take concepts and think about them more than the average person (i.e. her) and you blow her mind when you talk about it. You lead her to conclusions that she didn't know existed, or open her up to new avenues of knowledge she didn't know where there

I figure its one of those two things.