"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What do you say????

pg5781

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
I posted a situation a few days ago regarding a girl i dated a few months ago. If you want the details follow this link: http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48379 .

Anyways, my question is, I called her and said we should hang out sometime next week. She said definitley and for me to call her. I plan on calling her tonight to set something up for Wednesday night since that's the only night this week i'm available. My question to you guys is how do you handle the situation when the girl can't hang out the night you request to. For example (after a little chit chat):

Me: how bout we get together Wednesday night at so and so
Her: so sorry i cant do it that night, i have to do blah blah blah
Me: ?

Would you guys follow up with:
a) requesting another date to meet her
b) some kind of c&f response (if so, some examples would be good)
c) "no problem i'll give you a call some other time"
d) any other suggestions from you guys

I just want to cover all the bases in case she cant do anything Wednesday night and would like to have a dj response if thats the case. How would you guys respond to the situation above?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

HuuBinh

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2002
Messages
292
Reaction score
2
Location
ATL
don't say anything afterwards, usually if the girl is interested, she'll make an offer to reschedule.
 

pg5781

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2003
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by HuuBinh
don't say anything afterwards, usually if the girl is interested, she'll make an offer to reschedule.
My question was based on the assumption that she doesnt make an offer to re-schedule. I cant sit their silently on the phone so what do you say where you dont come out looking like an AFC?
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Well usually when I ask for a date, I give her two days. Such as if I'm calling on Tuesday, it's Thurs/Fri. If she says she's busy and offers no counter offer.. I ignore her for 2 weeks/act aloof on emails/calls.

Always remember that when a girl really likes you, she will make time for you. When she doesn't - she doesn't like you in that way. Even if she is not doing ANYTHING on the day you request - she does this out of respect for herself (ie. playing games) so keep your respect and ignore her.
 
Top