Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you make of this?

henrymiller50

Don Juan
Reaction score
Need help interpreting my GF behavior. A little background, we have been dating for 3 years, living together for about a year. We have a great relationship but she does weird things from time to time that make me anxious/suspicious. But can't prove any infidelity. Not even close. She is pretty trustworthy and does what she says she is doing. Just weird things like this every once and awhile. She is amazing to me and and we have so many things in common. Some of the weird things she does could be explained by the fact she's a little autistic (my diagnosis, but pretty spot on) and sometimes lacks emotional/social intelligence. Here is the latest. Is her explanation possible? A little background....We both work from home. We eat lunch together. I know where she is during the day and evenings we are always together including weekends. She does what she says and is pretty much a homebody like me. She's attractive and in shape. I'm in good shape and attractive for my age. She's pretty down to earth and trustworthy. She has a couple good girlfriends that she either has over once a month or meets them out for lunch. I mostly trust her. She is super into me and is not the flirtatious type.

But then this incident happened last week.

A month ago, a good girlfriend of hers asked her to go to her daughters high school picture photo shoot to occur last Thursday night at 6pm. It was to be held somewhere outside by a lake. Just the 3 of them with the photographer. So I fully expected her to get a bit fixed up for that. Again she was planning on leaving for that at 6pm. Also she did have another girlfriend of hers stopping over at 4pm that day to drop off some old home movies to her. But she just planned on dropping old movies off and saying hello for a minute and then leaving (which she did).

Also on that same Thursday, I had a contractor scheduled at 3pm to come out first time and look at a few things on our deck that need repair (I told her about the appointment a couple days prior to Thursday). So appt with contracter is 3 hours before she is set to leave for the photo shoot with her friend at 6pm (again the photo shoot is for the daughter, not my GF. but was fully expecting her to get a little fixed up for it). Btw she was not working that day. Just home getting things done.

Strange thing, whenever these contractor guys come over, she wants to come out and talk to them with me (I still don't understand why. most women are happy to let the guy take care of it. But I give her the benefit of the doubt. She is a little Tomboyish and maybe just wants to be involved in the process? Who knows.). So I'm in my upstairs office working from about noon to 2:55pm. I come downstairs at 2:55pm to go out and meet this new contractor. Never met him before. She found his contact online somewhere and sent it to me to set up an appt months ago. So I walk downstairs at 2:55pm and boom, I smell major essential oils (like perfume). I knew exactly what that was. She puts it on herself. It's wafting through the whole main floor of our house. As I'm a little stunned thinking WTF, she comes from out of the kitchen towards me and I immediately notice she is fully dressed up; Make up, Lipstick, Her nice necklace that she only wears on occasion, Nice blouse that she only wears on occasions. Nice skirt etc. I'm like blown away thinking why in the heck would she get all dressed up and ready at 3pm? My thinking is it was clear that it was no coincidence that she was all dolled up early right before this contractor is coming to our house (although to my knowledge she has never met him before and has no idea who he is) and she will be talking to him. I could somewhat understand her showering and doing her hair early but she could have at least waited to put the makeup, lipstick and necklace on before she leaves. He shows up and I say "oh he's here I'm going to talk to him". And of course she says "I'm coming right out!". So the three of us are out on the deck discussing the project. My GF is fully involved, showing him what she'd like done, getting his opinion etc. She is not flirting with him just listening, explaining etc. So he finally leaves. After he leaves I'm still thinking the worst (that she put all that on to flirt with him or get him interested etc). At the least I'm super confused why she got all dressed up at that time. I have to ask her.

I ask her why she got all dressed up for this guy? Of course, she tells my I'm crazy. She says she just got ready for the 6pm thing and wanted to be all ready. blah blah blah. HOW could I think it was for any other intention, she says. I try to explain that logically it makes no sense to me. Why would you be in full makeup and skirt and blouse and all this for this 3pm appt with the contractor? Again, she treats me like I'm insane and says she cannot even begin to understand how I would think that. She can't believe I'd think there is some other intention. It has nothing to do with him it was just a coincidence because she is going to the photo shoot later and she wanted to be ready for us (her and I) in the afternoon to hang out etc etc. She goes on...I don't have a bone in my body that could do anything deceptive to you etc etc. She is super convincing but my logic tells me it could have other flirting intentions. I feel like I'm getting gaslighted. Like I'm telling her I'm seeing the sky and it's blue and she tells me that not what I'm seeing, the sky is purple. I'm really confused.

I always give her the benefit of the doubt because of her slight autism but I just can't believe she is that clueless. That she wouldn't be aware that might arouse suspicion in me. For the life of me, I don't know what she is doing or what her intention is but it's odd to me. Most women would just stay away from that and certainly wouldn't plan their day around being ready in full make up and clothes when this contractor comes over. Could she be telling the truth about her intentions? Could this odd behavior just be part of the autism? Is there any other logical explanation than her doing it for him?

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So get dressed up to the max on your next opportunity for a mid-afternoon meet up with a cute girl "for work" and gaslight her the same way.

"It's just lunch, IDK what you're even talking about..."

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
1) have you been cheated on before or have any reason to have underlying suspicion based on negative past experience?

If yes, that might explain why you think this way.

If no, you might just be connecting dots and being alarmed by her tomboy ways. Photoshoot seems like a bad excuse to go on a date all dolled up though. who needs to smell like a buncha perfume for a photoshoot? I'd confront her and give th e ultimatum. Don't waste time. infact, kick her out and tell her you're done with her. How she reacts will tell you everything. If she doesn't fight for your love/relationshp she was never in love with you to begin with and just saw you as a provider.

Yes you run the risk of really hurting her and upsetting her by doing so.. but given the circumstances, and how you feel, best to just get it over with than forever be in agony.

dark god

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find strange is she's goin to her friends kids highschool photo ( I'm assuming senior year pic) shoot and getting all dressed up? Why? It's not like she's a student. I figure she would just go casual. Did highschool senior pics change in the last 30 years since I was in school? I remember it was during school time with me and other students waiting to get our pic with the photographer.

LTG71

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you spent so much time together, she is getting bored and starting to take you for granted. The fact that she acted out of character triggered your spidey senses. When you called her on it, she gaslit you. If it’s her friend’s daughter getting her pictures taken, why does she have to get dressed up? Doesn’t make sense. She’s just there to watch, no need to get dressed up. She is basically doing it to get attention from other men. Women say they do it for themselves, but they also like the free attention even though they won’t admit it. One woman I know blatantly said one time, “I’ve still got it.” Meaning that she could still get a guy if she wanted to. She is in a committed relationship, yet was flirting with a guy while out in public to test her skills.

Most women in committed relationships avoid approaches from men, yours is getting dressed up and putting herself out there. You are failing to provide something she needs so she is looking for outside validation. Women are a pain in the azz. Rather than tell you directly, they give you little hints and you have to figure out what is wrong. Was the contractor a fat slob with his azz crack showing or was he a Brawny type dude with a flannel shirt and big biceps from lifting heavy things? Regardless, she is presenting herself to invite male attention apart from you. Get dressed up to go visit an attractive female that you know and watch what she does.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get it....... what has your GF to do with her friends daughters high-school foto?

Did you see the foto?

That aside, when your guts tell you something is off, it usually is and i would most definately throw a closer look at what she is doing contrary to what she is saying she is doing.

BUT, you cant just accuse her over nothing. You need to keep your cool, and keep her thinking you didnt notice anything.

You need to observe her behaviour secretly and cant confront her on every little difference to her usual habits.

This incident just made you look insecure and weak.

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to observe her behaviour secretly and cant confront her on every little difference to her usual habits.

This incident just made you look insecure and weak.
Excellent post. If such an event raised suspicion in me, as it did with the OP, I would shut up about it and see if there is a pattern going forward.

I wouldn’t get freaked out over a woman dressing up for anything, but it unusual behavior started popping up over time, then yeah, maybe something would be amiss.

henrymiller50

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get it....... what has your GF to do with her friends daughters high-school foto?

Did you see the foto?
Great feedback guys. I appreciate it. Glad I found this site.

Sparta - I think her logic was that the photographer may snap some pics of her and her friend or that she may be in a few pics. These photo shoots are not like back in my day where you go to school and they snap one picture of you. These are independent of the school, private photographer, and they take dozens and dozens of photos, in different outfits etc. That is why she wanted to get a little dressed up. And yes, she did show me a few photos (not of her though) so I confirmed she was doing what she said she was doing. Just odd that she got all ready so early do coincide with that contractor coming over. My knowledge is she had no idea who he was or what he looked like. She had never met him before. He ended up being around 60 and average looking, in decent shape. Not attractive not unattractive.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My thoughts: the perfume and getting dolled up so early are a little suspicious, especially since SHE picked the contractor and wanted to be involved. Positive sign though is she didn't flirt with him, at least not in front of you...were you around her the whole time he was there?

The photo shoot is also a bit suspect. Personally I'd watch her a little closer, see if there are more suspicious things moving forward. Snoop through her phone, I've caught many chics like that. You don't have enough to end the relationship, but enough to monitor more closely....

Things to check on her phone:

Texts, including deleted messages folder.
Texting apps that you can download.
Emails, is she getting matches in her email from online dating sites.
Pictures folder, pictures of guys she is receiving or taking from dates.
Files. You can find all kinds of stuff in here that tell you who she is....
WhatsApp, instagram, facebook messenger, etc.

I've caught chics lying about one thing or another in all of the above things...

Last edited: