Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you have in your Don Juan utility belt?

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In response to the recent challenge for posters to step up, I would like to cement my place as one of the great new Djs of the new era. This is my obligatory contribution to aid in the quest for all the new guys on their paths to being a DJ. It is very thorough, so I recommend this to any begginning Don Juan.

In order to further educate all the budding DJs out there I ask this question: What's in your Utility belt? "What am I talking about", you ask? Let me explain.

In order to be succesful in the game of life, one must be prepared. This is what I believe every DJ needs in their metaphorical "DJ utility belt". Without it, there is always the likelyhood that you are unprepared to handle any situation you might face.

Confidence

Confidence. Belief in one's own ability to succeed. Arguably the most important tool for a DJ. Without this, you are dead in the water.

How to attain it: Read the DJ bible. Always dress comfortably, yet stylish. Make sure you are clean and well-groomed. Do a search for the DJ bootcamp and once you find it, stick to it!

Why it deserves a spot in your belt: Confidence can be used in every aspect of life. When you are confident, you live a better life. You dont give a damn about what other people think of you, you only care about what you think. You do well in school or work and can maintain an outgoing disposition. You also seem to have an aura that attracts people to you. And you know what that doest to the ladies...

Courage

The ability face one's fears. This is the feeling that allows you to approach chicks and voice your opinion among many other people.

How to attain it: You must learn to do things that scares you. The only way to conquer your fear is to face it head on. This includes talking in front of a class and approaching a chick (Two harmless acts).

Why it deserves a spot in your belt: Courage allows you do things you never dreamed of. You only live once. Why hold yourself back.

Charisma

Charisma. Personal magnetism or charm. This is what keeps people positive and energetic around you. This quality allows you to be a leader.

How to attain it: Learn to be funny by watching and listening to comedy. Also, when with your friends, be the guy that keeps everyone laughing but is not the clown. Also, learn the fine art of complimenting and sweetatlking to get your way. Make sure you dont overdo it though.

Why it deserves a spot in your belt: Charisma has many uses. It can be used to gain the friendship of many people. It can also help one become the life of the party. However, the best use for charisma is its ability to influence others.

"****y and Funny" attitude

This is the attitude to have when picking up chicks. The ****y and funny attitude is basically busting the balls of a chick. You make fun of it but do it in a playful way. Example: "Stop fantasizing about me" or " you cant take me home". These switch the gender roles between the two of you and make it seem like she's the horny one (She will be when youre done with this!;) )

How to attain it: Start making jokes on everyone you know, (within reason) but make sure you do it in a joking, non-serious manner. Towards chicks, you can comment on things such as their "infatuation with you" and "their dirty minds".

Why it deserves a spot in your belt: This can help you seduce many a female. It will make her think "this guy's got guts if he can make fun of me like this". You will definitely put yourself above the AFC level in her head.

Understanding Body Language

If one can understand body language, than you have a leg up on the competition. Body language can tell you what a person is really thinking instead of what they want you to think. I am amazed at my own knowledge of body language and how often I can read the thoughts of so many people. Kino is also a part of understanding body language. Kino is innocent, non-imposing touching. It can be used to get the girl thinking of you in a sexual way.

How to attain skill at reading this: Because I dont have time to sit and write everything I know on this subject, I will only outline some important points.
Always walk with your head up. It symbolizes confidence and will allow people who dont know you to respect you. When it comes to finding interested girls, you should look for several things. These include relaxed smiles (that dont look forced and show the girls teeth), leaning towards you, imitation of your voice tone and your movements and eye contact with you. An uninterested chick usually turns away from you, doesnt try to actively continue a conversation between the two of you, and acts "closed off".

Why this deserves a spot in your belt: This is an excellent tool for analyzing the thought of both chicks and guys. You can determine a person's confidence level and their interest level in you. Without establishing Kino, a chick will have little choice but to make you a friend. The lack of kino creates a barrier between you. If you establish kino, she will become closer to you. Dont believe me? Watch blind date and taildaters and observe all the AFCs who are too scared to touch the girl. Needless to say, they think he is a wimp and he wont get another date. If you need more clarification, send me a message.

Eye contact

This is self explanatory. It includes gazing in the eyes of someone youre talking to or someone you are looking at.

How to gain skill at this: Read some of the confidence post in the DJ bible and dont worry about what people think of your actions. At every oppurtunity, stare into the eyes of a person of someone you see. Let them look away first.

Why it deserves a spot in your utility belt: Eye contact is VERY POWERFUL. When you look into the eyes of a person you dont know, it invokes fear in them. This is why so many people look away when someone stares them in the eye. They are afraid and lack confidence. I often use this to check the true "gangsta" of many kids in High school. There are so many posers in High school who think they are "Big". However, when I stare into their eyes when I pass them in the hallway, most look down. This is how I know who is really confident and who is just a pretender. With chicks, it is a perfect indicator of interest. Hold your gaze until she looks away. If she looks away from you when you stare into her eyes, then she probably is not interested. However, if she looks down then away, then she just might be shy but still interested in you. These are the chicks you should "holla" at.

Neg Hits

Neg hits are basically used ot deactivate the defense shield of a cold chick. These are negative comments that point out the flaws of a chick. However, (AND I CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH:mad: ), these are not rude, insensitive and mean comment that can hurt a chick. These are said in a playful manner. (Although neg-hits can be used in a serious manner, but I dont advise it without proper experience.)

How to attain this skill: First, you must study how to properly use a neg hit. You have ot work on your delivery and make sure you say it in a joking manner. Neg hits are best used on really hot chicks, who need something to take them off their pedestal. Be warned: If you use and appearance Neg hit, such as "those pants look like a pair my little sister has", on an average looking chick, she might hate you for it. Some chicks are very self concious and might not appreciate your comments.

Why it deserves a spot on your belt: The effect of a neg-hit is amazing. Not only does a neg-hit effectively take a chick of her pedestal, she begins to wonder why you dont act like the rest of the spineless AFCs. She will begin to see you in a new light as a guy who wont take her crap.

Challenge and Mystery

I'm getting tired of typing so I am going to pair these two into one section. Besides, they go hand in hand with each other. Challenge is not bowing to her every whim and having your own life. Challenge is what inspires girls to chase a guy. They will try to change you as a person, secretly hoping they dont change you. The minute they can change you and manipulate you, they begin to lose interest. Mystery is having a chick know very little about you. This includes taking as little as possible and not telling everyone all your secrets. Chicks dig mystery because they are naturally curious. They will try to find out as much as possible about you. How do you increase your mystery factor to her? Be a challenge.

How to attain these two items: Dont call everyday. Dont be her personal servant. Hit on other girls right in front of her to show her how valuable you are. Dont be available everyday. Reveal as little as possible about yourself. If you want to see the power of silence, search for my post that details and expiriment on not speaking. Guaranteed to change your outlook on talking too much.

Why it deserves to be on your belt; A mysterious man that is a challenge is an enigma to everyone. Everyone will try to figure you out and will try to get to know you better. When you do talk, people will value your opinions more than someone who speaks often. A mystery man with challenge is a woman's dream. She will constantly wonder about you and will do anything to get to know you better.

Well, that is the end of my post. I hope it will help all the newbies and "internet DJs" out there in cyberspace. If you need additional help from me, drop me a private message. Ill be glad to assist you.

P.S. Every D.J. could use a "robin", if you know what I mean....

Last edited:

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any comments? Im sure you guys have some.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is strangely similar to the post I made.... hehe people loved that one.

You forgot: keep away, Kino, and lots of books.

Also I wouldn't suggest putting neghits in there, because beginners have no clue how to think of them on the spot. I tried, and I messed up big. It's more of an advanced technique. Keep them on the Kino and the Keep-away.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wuwd, Did you even read my post before you criticized?

Keep away is in the post. It is under challenge, I just didnt use the term "keep away". I also discussed kino and how it can be used to improve one's chances in the field. I feel this post is very through and is a great post for the new guys. Eventually, a DJ must learn how to use neg-hits, so they might as well start practicing now.

And what are you trying to say about my post being "strangely similar" to yours? I did not copy your post. In fact, I would say that mine is better and hits on topics you never even discussed. Although your post was great, there should be no reason for you to take shots at mine.

Any other comments?

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mack Of All Trades

Wuwd, Did you even read my post before you criticized?

Of course.

Keep away is in the post. It is under challenge, I just didnt use the term "keep away". I also discussed kino and how it can be used to improve one's chances in the field. I feel this post is very through and is a great post for the new guys. Eventually, a DJ must learn how to use neg-hits, so they might as well start practicing now.

Keep-away and challenge are two different things. And eventually they will us neghits, it's not a good idea for beginners, they ALWAYS mess up ( I did).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHERE IS KINO? IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

And what are you trying to say about my post being "strangely similar" to yours? I did not copy your post.

I never said you did, but the topic is similar.

In fact, I would say that mine is better and hits on topics you never even discussed. Although your post was great, there should be no reason for you to take shots at mine.

Well of course you would think yours was better. But try to rate it's USEFULNESS.
And I didn't take shots at your post. You want to see me take real shots? Look in Anything Else.

Any other comments?

Not really.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MOST IMPORTANTLY, WHERE IS KINO? IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING
Look in Body language.

And its ok for the newbies to make mistakes. They have to start using them just to gain experience That is how you learn.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't mind, I'd like to have a convo over PM, to tell you how to improve it.

;)

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post MOAT, this will be good for newbies who need to get a foothold before they actually start learning the stuff.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you Nyc Dude. Im glad that you realize how important a tool this can be for the noobs.

[If you don't mind, I'd like to have a convo over PM, to tell you how to improve it.
Why are you so bent on telling me how to improve my posts?:rolleyes: Are you Jealous or something? If you feel it is THAT important for me to improve my post to YOUR standards, then send me a message. Ill talk to you in a respectful manner.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a license to mack. :)

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have Eliciting Values, Pacing and Leading, Lack of Referential Index, Anchoring of desired Kinesthesic submodalities, Nominalizations and Context Reframing post-hypnotic suggestions

LOL !! :D :D :D

Oh how could I forget,
the golden coin from Nagoya Port that my DJ friend and guru gave me...

Jk guys, this is a nice post !!

wakeliquid

Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought this was a great post, props man.. all i want to add is that by being "mysterious" don't be a recluse.. then you're just a loser. Be mysterious, but with a life.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like your post Mack, but I've got one issue.

Confidence

Confidence. Belief in one's own ability to succeed. Arguably the most important tool for a DJ. Without this, you are dead in the water.

How to attain it: Read the DJ bible. Always dress comfortably, yet stylish. Make sure you are clean and well-groomed. Do a search for the DJ bootcamp and once you find it, stick to it!
You don't get confidence by wearing new or stylish clothes. You don't get confidence by looking the best you possibly can. And you sure as hell don't get confidence by reading the DJ Bible.

You can't go to a f*cking store and find confidence in aisle 6! Confidence is bigger than something you can buy or make you feel good. It is a mindset. Confidence says I'm the f*cking man and I know it. Confidence says bottom of the 9th, give me the f*cking bat. Confidence says I'm 6 inches smaller than you but I could wreck your ass.

You go to the mall tomorrow and buy a new wardrobe, it'll put you in a good mood. Nothing more. Someone that's confident can go to school in their f*cking boxers and have the time of their life. When you're truly confident, you'll find that clothes, looks, and other accessories are way overrated. After all, you're the man, right?

I'll bet the people who are confident enough to look you in the eyes when you establish eye contact are some of the worst-dressed people in your school. Why? They've got the right atttitude. The right mindset. Similarly, the people who will be quick to turn away will be the kids decked out in polo shirts and dockers.

You can take an average frusterated chump, stick him in a $500 tux, and send him out on the dance floor. And he'll be the same AFC he was in a t-shirt. Why? WHEN IT COMES TO ATTITUDE, APPEARANCE IS UNRELATED. Saying appearance and confidence go together is like trying to solve an algebra problem with calculus.

I don't mean to piss on an otherwise brilliant post, but if the point is to really help the newcomers, then I've gotta point it out.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Mack Of All Trades.

jmm854:
MOAT mentioned the DJ Boot Camp in the Confidence section. He didnt say dressing stylish is all that it takes for confidence.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Overall a really good post Mack Of All Trades. You covered a lot of material and placed it into one convenient post.

To Brazilian_Blues_Boy, you mentioned pacing and leading. I'm assuming you have a good understanding of NLP. I would like to stress leading more than pacing. Just take what she gives you and "force" her to keep the conversation going according to your terms. Lead lead lead. Don't give her the chance to stray away from a topic that's going well. Stay with it, but don't milk it dry. Know when (and how) to transition, by leading, to multiple subjects that relate in one way or another (although you're the one that relates those topics, not the topics themselves necessarily).

"If your rap is strong it can't go wrong."

thecraftylefty

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All that plus experience. You really can't read stuff on this site all the fvcking time and think you've done it. It's like learning to swim by reading a book about swimming. You need to go out and experience things, be it good or bad.
Good post, though. It's on a popular topic, but very good one, none the less.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by xanderbaz
All that plus experience. You really can't read stuff on this site all the fvcking time and think you've done it. It's like learning to swim by reading a book about swimming. You need to go out and experience things, be it good or bad.
Good post, though. It's on a popular topic, but very good one, none the less.
Yea, I made a post on experience. Especially the swimming example. That was excellent. It really hits home on the point of not just reading material, but trying it as well.