WHAT DO YOU EAT?!

dizizdalife

Reaction score
This is my biggest problem, I workout regularly, but I'm not sure what to eat. I know the usual, avoid fast food, candy bars, etc. But can u tell me exactly what you guys eat from breakfast to the last meal of the day>?

And by the way, what time should stop eating before you go to bed?

Appreciate any replys

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eggs for breakfast w/ toast and oatmeal and milk.

Bigass meat sandwich for lunch, fruit.

Meat, vegetables, milk for dinner.

Have little peanut butter snacks all throughout the day + a jug of water.

You should eat right before you go to bed, because you can't eat while you sleep, you want to pack it in. But make sure it is low-carb so it won't all turn to fat. Dairy is a good choice, since it's casein protein breaks down over 8 hours, instead of the normal 3-4 hours.

Make a protein shake w/ milk, whey, plain yogurt, and a banana. Drink a little water after that to help break down the protein during the night.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of my advice, BTW, is for gaining weight. It will differ if you are trying to lose weight.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:

You should eat right before you go to bed, because you can't eat while you sleep, you want to pack it in. But make sure it is low-carb so it won't all turn to fat. Dairy is a good choice, since it's casein protein breaks down over 8 hours, instead of the normal 3-4 hours.

Make a protein shake w/ milk, whey, plain yogurt, and a banana. Drink a little water after that to help break down the protein during the night.
This is wrong.

1. There is no protein that takes 8 hours to digest. Casein breaks down in anywhere from 2-4 hours depending on metabolism

2. That shake you are recommending has hella carbs... what you don't count lactose as carbs... that's high-glycemic up the ass.

3. A good pre-bedtime shake is two scoops whey in water, with a tablespoon of flax oil to delay absorption.

You're going to bed you really don't need any carbs right now.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was under the impression that milk sugar is slow to break down so it doesn't spike insulin levels?

10am: Protein shake with oatmeal

1pm: Chicken, turkey, or burger, try to go easy with the side items, iced tea no sugar

4pm: Protein bar (out of convenience)

6pm: Sandwich or eggs

9pm: Post workout shake

12am: Protein based snack

Right before bed: Protein shake

Peanut butter whenever

Eltosian

Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/dgarneau/health3d.htm

Lactose is the principle sugar in milk. It is very low on the Glycemic Index as lactose is not digested, it passes into the colon for fermentation. Pre-fermentation of milk products have lower lactose contents and contain enzymes and microorganisms that assist in lactose digestion. Cheese has almost no lactose. Protein-energy malnutrition causes lactose intolerance in some individuals. Lactose-tolerant adults are the only ones in which large bowel cancer is common.

Low Glycemic Index diets reduce insulin secretion, blood glucose concentrations and reduced serum triglycerides in individuals with hypertriglyceridemia. They increase the amount of carbohydrates entering the colon and increase colon fermentation and short chain fatty acid production. This has implications for systemic nitrogen and lipid metabolism, and for local events in within the colon.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand corrected.

Still, no carbs before bedtime if you're cutting up.

D

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP:
I was under the impression that milk sugar is slow to break down so it doesn't spike insulin levels?

10am: Protein shake with oatmeal

1pm: Chicken, turkey, or burger, try to go easy with the side items, iced tea no sugar

4pm: Protein bar (out of convenience)

6pm: Sandwich or eggs

9pm: Post workout shake

12am: Protein based snack

Right before bed: Protein shake

Peanut butter whenever

This is to lose weight right?

------------------
-Roman W
Eveygirl wants to be with him, Every guy wants to be like him.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ashlee Angel:
This is to lose weight right?

Yes right now I am trying to get the bodyfat in check. But I don't eat much differently when I'm bulking, just increased intake at each meal.

dizizdalife

Reaction score
I am trying to lose fat, exactly what should I eat?

Also...If I just primarily lift weights instead of cardio, will I lose the fat? Cause I like lifting better than cardio.

thanks

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mix cardio with lifting. You'll increase strength while decreasing fat. I really do mean mix... not do this and then that.

Jinn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm hardcore into kung fu and train really hard so I eat to supplement my training. It's nothing out of the ordinary. I just eat lots and lots of meat, fruit, and veggies. I drink very little soda, I swear it's so easy to understand how much not drinking soda benefits your health yet so many people just don't get it. Anywayz, this simple procedure gives me all the energy I need for training. I think if it'll help me train it'll also help you pump iron to replace fat w/muscle.

If you're trying to lose weight you might consider just a little bit less meat than normal and a little bit more fruit&veggies.

And as far as fruit goes apples are the worst for giving energy for training because they are the msot acidic. All vegetables are high in alkaline though as are raw nuts, eat lots of them and that increases your long term energy level drastically.

------------------
"Women are like the sunset. They're beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow."

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL:
There is no protein that takes 8 hours to digest. Casein breaks down in anywhere from 2-4 hours depending on metabolism
You telling me I just pulled that out of my ass?

Ryan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
intake as much as protein as you can after working out and b4 going to bed at night

------------------
. . /} . .
._/OO\_ .
. . ) ( . .
. . |/ . .
. ./|. . .
. .' '. . .
PIMP THE BEEYATCHES

YOU'RE MOST WELCOME TO COME CHILL OUT AT MY SITE>>>>>
http://pub14.ezboard.com/bsouthafricanteens

GET $5 FOR SIGNING UP W/PAYPAL>>>>>>>
https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=2HFT2CAQDEWVJ GET IT NOW!!!!

1 "I have run out of ways to fail; now I can only succeed!!!"

2 "Life is a checkerboard, and the player opposite you is time. If you hesitate before moving, or neglect to move promptly,your men will be wiped off the board by time. You are playing against a partner who will not tolerate indecision!"

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:
You telling me I just pulled that out of my ass?

Here let me pull it out for you:

Boirie, Y. et. al. "Slow and fast dietary proteins differently modulate postprandial protein accretion" Proc Natl Acad Sci USA (1997) 94: 14930-14935.

Leucine levels for casein peak at about 1 hour, drop just a tad and maintain that level for almost 7 hours.

------------------
"Fear is for...getting your confidence." -STEVEN HELLER, PhD

"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!" - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
(Originally posted by Ryan):
intake as much as protein as you can after working out and b4 going to bed at night.

*Correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe your body can only breakdown a certain amout of protein within a certain time-span. Any extra goes to waste and/or fat.