Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do the tall guys wear?????

typhon

Reaction score
I have like no style, I'm 6'3" and relatively skinny, I just can't seem to find anything that looks good AND fits, I buy 2XL, XLT shirts but they always droop off or hang excessively off my body (picture a bell with legs), I have to buy oversized / baggy pants just to get the length I need, and I can't find a large sized pair of shoes that looks good, to make things worse, when I finally do find good fitting shirts, pants, etc they always end up like 2 sizes smaller after laundry, it's very frustrating.

So my question is, what types of clothes do you other tall guys wear? Where do you get your clothes from? What brands? I really don't know anything about style so any advice would help.

Thank you.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, find a good tailor.

Garamin

Don Juan
Reaction score
At 6'4" 190lbs,i have had this problem many times.

I usely where pants that are about 34W/36L so that the dont slide of my a** as i go about my day,but this are a pain to find in most stores.They are out there,it just takes a bit to find them.

For shirts,i wear mostly white or black A-shirts(wife beaters) as undershirts in a large size,find them at wal mart that have the extended lenght,and eather button down shirts in large size,which can be found at most walmarts,kmart,ect,or if i dont feel like them, i have a near insane amount of large and XL size T's that are eather a solid color,or have crazy designs on them.I have never had to wear anything bigger then an XL,becuse I end up looking like a wannabe gangsta.

For shoes,you will just have to go to a shoe store,and look around becuse very few people look as good as i do in my shoes.Just wear jeans that you normaly wear,so you can get an idea of how they will look on an avarge day.

Most of my clothes end up being from walmart,but i really dont mind that,becuse they are cheap,but still look good,and will look good longer with just a little bit of care(i.e. no dry cleaning,or any treatment i cant do at home)

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
im not tall or skinny but one of my friends is. He wares tight stuff under neath (like a tight vest) and then his normal stuff on top.
Annother guy same build wares two pairs of trackie bottoms at once Lol

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 6' but skinny as hell and have the same problem. Shirts that fit me lengthwise are too wide everywhere, especially in the neck opening. Shirts that fit my frame are just too short.

Driven2Succeed

Don Juan
Reaction score
82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, North Carolina
5'10, 180.. usually wear a med or large tee depending on the brand..i like my shirts kinda tight tho, well not tite tite but not baggy either.. my waist is about 31 but i like to wear 32,33-34 so it fits a little looser in my thighs and stuff..

i usually wear abercrombie and stuff and it fits me pretty well..

just depends on the brand and ur style

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you go to a department store and look for the boxer briefs, there are usually some white tight shirts in packages like underwear is packaged. They're nice because the material is made to stretch to your form.

No real advice to fitted clothes. Jeans should be easy to find, I don't understand what your problems could revolve around. There are so many _styles_ of jeans and how they fit let alone sizes that I'm confused how anyone would have trouble finding a pair that fits unless they're obese. Relaxed fit, Loose fit, Regular, etc. etc. Did you check multiple styles or just one and give up?

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man i'm 6'5 195 pound (im 16).
I just buy walmart jeans and order bowling shirts off the internet. I also wear sleaveless shirts under it. I understand about the shoes, it's near impossible to find good ones. Things tend to stop at 11.5

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'4" is what, a 34" or 36" inseam? Those aren't hard to find - I know Gap and Banana Republic go up to 36" online. Levi's do the classic 501 jean in every size imaginable.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lnghrngeek said:
(but maybe those girls just like pessimistic/goth looking guys)
Not maybe, but 120% sure!

Unless they were just being sarcastic and making fun of you...:whistle:

Either way, it's bad...:D

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeans from wal mart? Damn, at least step it up to foleys or jcpennies. 5'10 is not tall, thats about average bud. Height doesnt directly correlate to waist size. Not that ive corrected you people...heres what i do...i wear baggy jeans that sag a little so i can be comfortable. I usually wear t shirts that fit me or are maybe a little small. I like my shirt to reach my pants but fuvck big shirts, i gotta show off my studded belt. I also wear skater shoes cause theyre comfotable and dont look like ****in boats. Im pretty much a badass.

disfunktional

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have big feet, buy boot cut jeans so they hang over more of your shoes/trainers, and they will look less big.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lnghrngeek said:
no they weren't making fun of me, and how is it bad if they're into me?
Because that would mean that you actually are a pessimistic/goth looking guy and the chicks are probably also goth chicks with ugly big piercings on their nose and tattoos as well.

Basically yuk!:down:

grr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lnghrngeek probably has dark hair and dark eyes. I'm that way and girls always tell me I look good in black when I wear it.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lnghrngeek said:
no, the chicks didn't all look like that, and besides if the chick looks good aside from her piercings/tattoos then I don't see what the problem is
To each his own anyway.

I was just busting on you a little bit, but it looks like you do have some goth tendencies and somewhat like goth girls. Whatever makes you happy man...:p