Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What can good-looks do that a personality can not?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to see some answers.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason this debate continues endlessly. There's never going to be a scientifically sound survey or study on this that is absolutely conclusive.

Its not an "either/or" situation as so many guys try to argue. Its not like women are ONLY interested in looks or ONLY interested in personality. Both come into play and the emphasis of each will depend on the woman and what she values more.

Both of them are necessary to some degree. You can have the best personality in the world, but if a girl thinks you're physically repulsive she won't be thinking about getting down and dirty with you. Conversely, you might look like a movie star but if you say the wrong thing it could ruin it for you with a woman.

Its all about value. Good looks are valuable. So is a great personality. So is money, fame, etc. So IMO the most productive approach is to do the best you can in both areas. If you're ugly then work twice as hard on your personality.

I will say though that looks DO have one benefit that personality doesn't. Looks will get you "in the door" with women more often, more consistently, and will make it 10 times easier to charm her with your personality. You will have to work less to win her over and sometimes you won't have to do any work at all! Also, at least in America, there's no question IMO that young women tend to value looks more than personality - at least in the beginning.

But if you don't get the interview you don't get the job. Know what I mean?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true answer. Thanks.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Tactic.

I think Flyguy is dead on and I can only reiterate what he said.

As I wrote in an appearance thread in the tips section, the way you look is judged just like the cover of a book. If you look good you have instant social value and tend to stir people's imagination. This is why, as Flyguy said, good looking people are more inclined to get "in the door".

Women, most women I'd say, get the biggest kick from their own ego. They're not turned on by a guy because he is interesting company or has a nice personality. They get that from their friends and they don't sleep with all of them (well, some do). What they want is a guy they feel proud to be with and makes her the envy of other women. Confidence, popularity and, of course, good looks all contribute to this exterior value.

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walk with Pride

By good looks do you mean physical characteristics or style? Because there is a huge difference between the two.

A mans' physical characteristics are not as important as his style in the eyes of a woman. Your clothes, hair, posture and overall body language are far more important factors to be concerned with. Why? -- Because they are more closely related to your attitude. For example, the way that you dress and carry yourself has more to do with your mindset than the shape of your eyes, ears, nose, etc.

Do looks matter? Nope. But your style and attitude do. They matter alot! Now, I'm not saying that you should not workout or anything like that, thats good to keep yourself in shape. Your life should never revolve around pleasing women. If you workout, do it for yourself. It is good for you get some exercise, you'll live longer.

The truth is, your looks really don't matter that much.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your answer is funny... Because it's true.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, what??

Girls won't go to you if you don't have looks.

Troubles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tactic
Um, what??

Girls won't go to you if you don't have looks.
Agree. You can just look at them in distance and smile (show interest), then they'll come to you...

You can also make them so insecure...

Make their face turn red in 10s while you talk to them....

Get her interested at once without even saying anything....

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personality will not get you laid. Looks will not get you love.

Stated simply enough. It's also late and I don't feel like writing an essay right now.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Walk with Pride

Originally posted by Spike_the_cowboy
By good looks do you mean physical characteristics or style? Because there is a huge difference between the two.

A mans' physical characteristics are not as important as his style in the eyes of a woman. Your clothes, hair, posture and overall body language are far more important factors to be concerned with. Why? -- Because they are more closely related to your attitude. For example, the way that you dress and carry yourself has more to do with your mindset than the shape of your eyes, ears, nose, etc.

Do looks matter? Nope. But your style and attitude do. They matter alot! Now, I'm not saying that you should not workout or anything like that, thats good to keep yourself in shape. Your life should never revolve around pleasing women. If you workout, do it for yourself. It is good for you get some exercise, you'll live longer.

The truth is, your looks really don't matter that much.
Sorry but they do, why else do you think women drool over Brad Pitt. Somehow I doubt it is to do with a personality. Do you realise how many women will cheat on their guys if a hot guy hits on them?

True, looks aren't everything. But they are important. Even if you dress well, if someone woman doesn't like the shape of nose or build, she ain't going to give you a chance.

Why do guys seem to have a problem with girls for going for looks? At the end of the day we have to make ourselves look good.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad Pitt isn't as goodlooking as he is a moviestar and has style. Almost all his roles depict him as a very very alpha badass dude.

Brad Pitt also have stylists and stuff so that's also a big +..

Looks are "important", they get you a foot in the door easier and it also adds value and people seem to trust and pull themselves towards goodlooking people.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
I think good looks get you in the door, the get you the “initial interview” so to speak. From personal experience, and if you observe the people around you it’s easy to tell who girls are looking at and who they are not. While I’m not trying to turn this into a “woe as me” post I can attest that I’m one of the guys women aren’t looking at.

At my job we have to deal with the public all day long, so I get to see and interact with plenty of new people every day. I’ve seen how girls act when they meet someone they think is cute / attractive and lemmie tell ya, that’s not how I’m treated. When it comes to me personally women either don’t look at me at all, or they see through me like I’m a ghost. (I’m waiting for one to bump into me, “oh I didn’t see you there.”) So women never even get exposed to my personality because I’m dismissed before anything can start. Without some looks the best personality / self improvement in the world won’t help; you could be the second coming of god’s gift to women but you’d get blown off.

The ironic and obnoxious part to all of this (as tho it weren’t bad enough) is that I get the “are you gay” and “why don’t you have a girlfriend” thing all the time. I do try to dress well, and while I don’t have the fashion skills of Carson Kressley, I do think my clothes look good. In fact it will happen from time to time that others will think I’m in a higher position than I actually am because of how I dress.

Yesterday one of my (female) coworkers pissed me off because she said she “wants to figure out why you don’t have a girlfriend.” This pissed me off because of how I’m treated by women in general. When you get treated like a ghost it makes you feel empty inside, and here this jackass is ‘trying to figure it out.’ As though there needs to be much examination here! I wanted to scream at her: “because I’m ****ing invisible you dumb ****!”

/ rant off

So what I’m trying to say here is: the better your looks are the more likely your new employer (the girl) will want you to fill that position (her vagina with your man meat.)

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish
Personality will not get you laid. Looks will not get you love.

Perfect, no need to say more!

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At my job we have to deal with the public all day long, so I get to see and interact with plenty of new people every day. I’ve seen how girls act when they meet someone they think is cute / attractive and lemmie tell ya, that’s not how I’m treated.
If it's any consolation, I was in the exact same position. I'd watch the women I was working with drool over good looking guys and hear them talk about them once they left, while I just stood there listening like I was invisible. Even more hurtful, I was cleaning the shop floor where I worked and one of the women I worked with said "If you looked like him [referring to a guy who had just left], you wouldn't be cleaning shop floors for a living".

That was 3 years ago and I've changed a lot since then. I've changed my image, toned up and started taking care in my appearance. When I last visited these women I used to work with, I got the exact same reaction as all the other guys they used to drool over. They were like female AFCs fighting for my attention, all commenting on how I've changed, how great I looked and said if I was still working there they'd be all over me.

So don't accept that you can never be one of those guys women check out. There's more to good looks than the facial features you were born with.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the efforts of words written by some master seducers saying that old guys can laid is all a fake huh?

Actually, if personality has to do with attitude and style and the way you talk, you CAN get laid. How do i know? Past learned experience.

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY NONE OF YOU HAVE WINGED WITH GOOD LOOKING NATURALS.

Trust me, some of the Naturals that I've winged with can do AFCish things, BUT because they're good looking, the girls forgive the mistakes and allow him to display more value later on during the sarge.

With a Good Looking Natural, all he has to do is just barely do more things right than wrong. That's it. Good Looking Naturals are also going to pull a helluva lot more ONS-es than most guys.

For Average to Above Average Looking PUAs, your GAME HAS TO BE TIGHT as hell. You only get a few strikes before you're thrown out of the game.

If you get a chance, wing with Naturals. You can learn a lot from them, I've been lucky because I've always hung out with at least one Natural growing up.

And here in Hollywood, I know some model caliber blokes and believe you me, girls treat them like AFC guys treat a hot girl.

These are some of things I've seen that a girl will do within 5 minutes of meeting them JUST BASED ON A GUY'S GOOD LOOKS:
  • They drool,
  • stop what they're doing,
  • stare,
  • bump into things,
  • tell they're friends,
  • stare,
  • get intimidated,
  • stutter when talking to the guys,
  • stare,
  • point,
  • nipples get hard,
  • giggle,
  • preen,
  • touch their hair,
  • touch their lips,
  • stare,
  • randomly buy them drinks,
  • randomly hug them,
  • randomly kiss them,
  • stare,
  • reach out to touch them like they were Jesus,
  • try and rub their cyck,
  • stare,
  • drop something so he can pick it up,
  • pull in another girl so he'll be doublely attracted,
  • kiss that girl,
  • dance "stripper" style,
  • get wet and creamy.

And, oh yeah, decide within 5 minutes based on looks alone whether or not she's going to fyck him that very night.