Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Brought You to SS? Why Are You Still Here?

Jifto

Don Juan
Reaction score
Legitimately interested in what our community is made up of. I'll start.

What Brought You to SS?
I was always the guy with the GF in college and after. High quality women and attractive. I had a few recent run ins with girls that made me question my existence.

Why Are You Still Here?
Now, in my mid 30's I just can't seem to get back on track.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
first oneitis for a high school girl and I had nobody to ask for advice. Idk, I just like lurking here sometimes. The site definitely isn't the same from when I first found it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What Brought You to SS?
I was concerned that I was approaching a self image change from "cool older guy in his 40s" to "old guy in his 50s".

Why Are You Still Here?
I think the subject matter is interesting - self improvement, gender relations, etc.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What Brought You to SS?
I was concerned that I was approaching a self image change from "cool older guy in his 40s" to "old guy in his 50s".
1) How did you reconcile this?

2) Did you really feel older in your 40s? I feel young as hell. Must be the T.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What Brought You to SS?
First serious case of oneitis post high school in my early 20s.

Why Are You Still Here?
Various interests now. Nofap. Talking to fellow guitar players, weight lifting/nutrition accountability partners, plate spinning advice. The no contact thread if I absolutely need it. Discussing men’s issues in general, SMV, the market, translating w0manese, etc.

amaterasu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Priceless life saving articles and real people who will be able to help you when you are mentally confused and emotionally challenged.

Real Djs helping one another's handsome problems :D

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) Did you really feel older in your 40s? I feel young as hell. Must be the T.
No, I didn't feel old in my 40s. I've always said your 30s and your 40s are pretty much the same when it comes to SMV. Guys in their 30s and 40s look about the same. Girls who would date guys in their 30s would probably date guys in their 40s also, as long as they are high value.

What happened was when I joined up here, I was approaching my 49th birthday, and I realized I would be in my 50s soon. I had always tended to date younger, and I had a good self image as a "cool older guy in his 30s or 40s". But it seemed to me that if a guy is in his 50s, there is a dropoff in SMV, there's a change from being perceived as a "cool older guy" to "old guy", if you know what I mean.

I tend to deal with these identity issues when I approach the "9" years. I thought about the loss of my teens when I turned 19, and the loss of my 20s when I turned 29. Didn't really have any issues at 39 for whatever reason.

1) How did you reconcile this?
Great question. I'm not sure I ever did. To be honest, this place is highly youth oriented (as it should be), and has really been no help for the specific issue that brought me here. You just have to keep trying to improve, maintain, and keep a good attitude. It turned out after I turned 50, there didn't seem to be much difference in the ways females responded to me, at least for several years. But I'm 57 now. I know my profile says 55 still, it used to change automatically but it doesn't anymore, and I'm not sure how to change it.

I've never really seen age as being a barrier, but I do think there is a loss of SMV when you are in your 50s. Dealing with it is just part of dealing with being older. Maybe you disagree, and that's fine, but that dropoff will happen sometime. Maybe in your 60s, maybe in your 70s. At some point you become invisible to certain younger girls. At They talked about Hugh Hefner as an example of an older guy who had young girls, but come on. We all know that by the time of his last wife, she wasn't there because she was attracted to him physically.

I know a few guys my age who bang girls 18-22 still. I'm not saying an older guy can't do it. But it's less common. I don't mean to talk about Neil while he's not here, but a lot of those pictures of him with 22 year olds, it just looks ridiculous. And I don't believe that age matters that much. I'm getting close to 60 now, and I'm wondering where my niche would be now (if I was still in the game). If I was a high value 60 year old single, what does that mean? Do I get my pick of women 40 and over? I wouldn't see that as a bad thing. What is the wheelhouse for a 60 year old? Maybe Atom Smasher can chime in.

I think you just have to accept that you are getting older. You have some control over what that might mean to you, and how it affects your life. There's a lot of pros to being older. I have more free time than ever. But you will get older, and you have to accept it. Certainly beats the alternative. Accepting a new self image as a guy in your 50s (whatever that may mean to you) can be a little uncomfortable, but you make the transition and you get used to it.[/QUOTE]

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I didn't feel old in my 40s. I've always said your 30s and your 40s are pretty much the same when it comes to SMV. Guys in their 30s and 40s look about the same. Girls who would date guys in their 30s would probably date guys in their 40s also, as long as they are high value.

What happened was when I joined up here, I was approaching my 49th birthday, and I realized I would be in my 50s soon. I had always tended to date younger, and I had a good self image as a "cool older guy in his 30s or 40s". But it seemed to me that if a guy is in his 50s, there is a dropoff in SMV, there's a change from being perceived as a "cool older guy" to "old guy", if you know what I mean.

I tend to deal with these identity issues when I approach the "9" years. I thought about the loss of my teens when I turned 19, and the loss of my 20s when I turned 29. Didn't really have any issues at 39 for whatever reason.

Great question. I'm not sure I ever did. To be honest, this place is highly youth oriented (as it should be), and has really been no help for the specific issue that brought me here. You just have to keep trying to improve, maintain, and keep a good attitude. It turned out after I turned 50, there didn't seem to be much difference in the ways females responded to me, at least for several years. But I'm 57 now. I know my profile says 55 still, it used to change automatically but it doesn't anymore, and I'm not sure how to change it.

I've never really seen age as being a barrier, but I do think there is a loss of SMV when you are in your 50s. Dealing with it is just part of dealing with being older. Maybe you disagree, and that's fine, but that dropoff will happen sometime. Maybe in your 60s, maybe in your 70s. At some point you become invisible to certain younger girls. At They talked about Hugh Hefner as an example of an older guy who had young girls, but come on. We all know that by the time of his last wife, she wasn't there because she was attracted to him physically.

I know a few guys my age who bang girls 18-22 still. I'm not saying an older guy can't do it. But it's less common. I don't mean to talk about Neil while he's not here, but a lot of those pictures of him with 22 year olds, it just looks ridiculous. And I don't believe that age matters that much. I'm getting close to 60 now, and I'm wondering where my niche would be now (if I was still in the game). If I was a high value 60 year old single, what does that mean? Do I get my pick of women 40 and over? I wouldn't see that as a bad thing. What is the wheelhouse for a 60 year old? Maybe Atom Smasher can chime in.

I think you just have to accept that you are getting older. You have some control over what that might mean to you, and how it affects your life. There's a lot of pros to being older. I have more free time than ever. But you will get older, and you have to accept it. Certainly beats the alternative. Accepting a new self image as a guy in your 50s (whatever that may mean to you) can be a little uncomfortable, but you make the transition and you get used to it.
In other words, not much to look forward too heh ;)

I already noticed the extra maintenance needed in the early 40s. Ya, I just cant wait to get to 60.

Ca$ino

Banned
Reaction score
What brought me here? Can't remember. Nothing special.

What brings me back? The cast of characters that never cease to serve as my downtime passing amusement.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In other words, not much to look forward too heh ;)

I already noticed the extra maintenance needed in the early 40s. Ya, I just cant wait to get to 60.
I'm not trying to make getting older sound terrible, it's what you make of it. But there's just no denying that when it comes to SMV, by the time you get in your 50s, it is on the decline. Of course, everybody's genetics is different. In some families, males tend to live to 70, and in others they tend to live to 90. Sammy Hagar is about to turn 70, I'm surprised to hear he's that old.

Regarding your second comment, I have a chronic shoulder problem, and here lately my ankle has been giving me problems. Makes it harder, or more like impossible, to hit the exercise as hard. I don't remember my body fighting me like this back in my 20s.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Brought here by a coworker after my wife left me in 2004. He could see what a chump I was and wanted to help.

Stay here because I like having people to talk with who aren't brain washed married guys, as most of my friends are.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What brought you to SS?
A series of experiences with oneitis in high school,

Why are you still here?
I am always learning & haven't fully incorporated the DJ mindset into my life!

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in this forum 4 years ago after a terrible breakup. I never signed up for an account but was constantly/consistently checking the articles and posts here. So Suave has changed my life. I am forever indebted to all of you for your invaluable suggestions. Thanks, guys. I signed up for an account some days ago for posting a query and got some good suggestions. I will come here whenever I feel like getting suggestions. Cheers.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
How I found it:
1. I was wondering if there is a problem with girls on tinder or with me.
2. Found a bodybuilder forum where they all badmouthed these girls.
3. There was pinned thread something like Djbible but it was much shorter.
4. I think someone linked SS and i clicked it.

Why i am still here:
- I love the books recommended here and the discussions as well. I was always against polygamous playing thing but now i see its the only way and it makes sense.
- Some discussions are fun asf lmao especially when 2 members dont agree

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
1. Was a 28 yo virgin. Got past that. Got total count to 8, which is ok.

2. Enjoy the topics. I also share some tips based on things I did right, things I totally screwed up and continue to screw up sometimes lol, and lots of things I otherwise observed from others. Still looking to improve and break a nasty dry spell.

I also really like some of the members and look forward to reading their posts.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A love of the "game" brought me here as I have been doing it for 26 years now,I don't know everything still and learn something new almost daily due to all of the very experienced DJ's on this site,I contribute what I can and try to give input based on my experience.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My wife became strange and hostile so I left her.

My leaving her made her go full schizophrenic but she refused treatement because her dad was institutionalised as a schizophrenic.

I spent 3 years bailing her out and trying to help her - it was my leaving which triggered it.

I spent these 3 years in a drink/drugs/depression spiral where I barely hung on to my job and fought random people.

I came here to try to find some success in rebuilding my life and finding the family I wanted dearly.

I am still baffled and confused by women but I am 100% better than I was and getting laid.

I stay here mainly to troll Christians :)

John Constantine

Don Juan
Reaction score
What brought you to SS?
A series of Oneitis and an horrible breakup experience

Why are you still here?
The advice here are excellent, I'm improving my life, my confidence, and my game here. I made some serious improvement in just 2 months.