what brand?

Ragnar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WHat is the best brand of creatine to buy?

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
get something with the carbohydrates already mixed in with the creatine.

It all pretty much comes down to flavor, IMHO. I like EAS' Phosphagen HP, because they are a reputable supp. company, they use pharmaceutical grade creatine, and most importantly.. their shyt tastes really good, in comparison to most other brands.

Some people will steer you to Cell-Tech.. which is a good product but way, way overpriced. Better to take HP with some Alpha Lipoic Acid, and voila.. instant Cell-Tech.

get your HP on the cheap here: www.muscledepot.com

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DIESEL buddy you are wrong, phosopogen, cell-tech etc...they all work with the same formula...creatine with dextrose for the insulim spike, the best brand is any creatine with a creapure logo on it meaning its 100% pure creatine, prolab is the best IMO and many others consider it the best, you can get dextrose at your local stores, the usual name for it is corn sugar, where they make liquer is a pretty good place to buy it dirt cheap, and you can save tons of money and it'll probably work much better, and don't tell me i'm wrong, i work at gnc, and been into bodybuilding for about two years now.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried the Pro Lab stuff...and just because you work at GNC doesn't mean you're automatically correct. Even though, in this case, you are.

I once walked into a GNC and asked where they had their glutamine and the guy didn't know what I was talking about. True story.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i know my **** bro, but yeah you're right, 99.99% of gnc emplyees are retards, the case with creatine is that like three companies really manufacture it and sell it off to other people so they pack it up and sell it...met-rx/gnc/worldwide nutrution is owned by the same company, so if you like one, the other one is good, etc...i just work there to get supps cheap

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, thats like "I work at best buy I know all about computers, take this Compaq (with very mediocre specs at expensive price) this is the best you can get!"

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thats diff. cuz bodybuilding is a hobby of mine, you working at best buy is your job and even if comps. are your hobby, you're trying to get commision, i have nothing to gain from tellin the guy whats good and whats not worth the money

K-Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cell Tech does use Creapure/SKW/German creatine. That doesn't really make it that much better...and really, the effectiveness is going to be very negligible. Either way, Cell Tech is way too expensive. Prolab's creatine is affordably priced, though, so it's just as good as any.

Mix your creatine with grape juice and you should be fine. Take some ALA if you want. By the way...the ALA in Cell Tech is probably either useless or its effectiveness has been lowered greatly. When ALA's exposed to air, it begins to degrade (which is why you don't find much powdered ALA that hasn't been capped) kinda like creatine breaking down in water/acidic substances. It doesn't happen overnight but it does happen.

And Diesel's absolutely right that a GNC employee does not a learned person make. I work at GNC but that in no way qualifies me as being a knowledgeable person in the world of sports nutrition. My countless hours researching for the sake of research do help me help other people make good (smart) choices on this kinda stuff, though. If you do the same, kudos to you.

-Kow

adonis_bb

Don Juan
Reaction score
get any creatine that has a creapure or pfanstiel mark on it.
dextrose has a glycemic index of 100, meaning it will spike insulin the best. grape juice has fructose, which is something like 60 and it is metabolised as a triglyceride, non-insulin dependant pathway.

dextrose is dirt cheap too.

ala in powdered form is most liekly bull**** so go to my bro @ 1fast400.com and he can hook u guys up with cheap ALA in cap form.
180 x 300mg tabs for a low price, he does it in special vacuum room and everything

peace.

adonis_bb

Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt worry about acidity in juice and stuff, your stomach acids are 100000000000000000000 stronger than stupid orange juice/grape etc.

K-Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grape juice isn't really acidic at all. Neither is apple juice. Grape juice has more dextrose content than apple juice which is why I suggested it.

Even if it is acidic, you're gonna be putting it in and drinking it within a minute. After a minute, no matter what you put the creatine in (barring battery acid or something), it's not going to break down.

You can buy some ALA if you want along with it. Mike at 1fast is selling R-ALA which is supposedly a better form than racemic ALA (I don't really buy it. I think the differences are probably pretty negligible) as are the guys at anabolicfitness.com. I don't really trust the AF guys, so it's a tossup. You can also contact iceman over at Elite at iceman11111@elitefitness.com (I think that's right). He'll sell you 500mg caps at $.20 a cap (or $.40/g).

-Kow