Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your financial aspirations?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to know where you guys are moving towards. I think we had a few doctors on this board? Definitely engineers.

What are you guys aspirations to make a year? And are you there yet? My goal is 100K+. My successful doctor friend told me that if you can’t live on 100K a year then you’re an idiot and can’t manage your money lol.

As an aspiring programmer and musician, I was wondering if this is a realistic and/or good goal. I don’t plan on going to graduate school, I just want to graduate with my bachelor’s degree and then get straight to work.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot depends on where you live. I think $100k might rent you a parking space in NYC. By contrast, you could by the biggest house in Cairo IL for cash with that much money and still have some left over.

Entrepreneurship is always the key to high earnings, regardless of one's skill set.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 35 and will be 36 in a few weeks. My goal is to retire by the time I'm 45. I hate the rat race. I work in accounting/finance. It pays well. I'm in the process of starting up my own insurance business on the side as supplemental income. When the economy crashes in 2019 as it's expected to do (no, it's not Trump's fault, so please haters stop blaming Trump for everything) I'm investigating whether to invest in rental properties as I expect there will be a lot of bank foreclosure sales.

I'm single, no kids, no fiance, unburdened, so I can afford to take risks. Eventually I might want to get married once I feel financially secure.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot depends on where you live. I think $100k might rent you a parking space in NYC. By contrast, you could by the biggest house in Cairo IL for cash with that much money and still have some left over.

Entrepreneurship is always the key to high earnings, regardless of one's skill set.
Man I guess it really does vary. Using my programming and music skills, becoming an entrepreneur may be a good move.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
$100K is a great salary. You can be “comfortable” even in NYC on that amount If you don’t live in Manhattan or Brooklyn.

It’s a nice goal. Just know you should always have multiple sources of income no matter how high your base salary goes.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to know where you guys are moving towards. I think we had a few doctors on this board? Definitely engineers.

What are you guys aspirations to make a year? And are you there yet? My goal is 100K+. My successful doctor friend told me that if you can’t live on 100K a year then you’re an idiot and can’t manage your money lol.

As an aspiring programmer and musician, I was wondering if this is a realistic and/or good goal. I don’t plan on going to graduate school, I just want to graduate with my bachelor’s degree and then get straight to work.
100K as a goal for 21 year old programmer is good and realistic goal.
You see people living on 30K and on 300K per year, and some times both doesnt have a lot of left, because it all depend on spending habits, in general people have more expensive choices when they make more money ,so they never have a lot of left . Try to control the tempting to buy more expensive car/clothes, etc when you salary start increasing
as a software developer , you dont need master degree unless you want to get hired on some really big names like Facebook or Google , as for some reason they ask for master degree in many of their opening jobs.if I have a opportunity to take a master degree now , I personally will take it in MBA so that will help me move in my career vertically to management level .
Sisce you are still young and have a lot of energy I would recommend you to start some side businesses such as eCommerce so that it will grow with you and enrich your experience

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make a little over 100K right now and I'm 37. Right now I'm attempting to save up some money for some rental real estate. I've done the Dave Ramsey stuff so I have no debt and an emergency fund. It's tough with 3 kids to do the saving beyond the 15% to retirement, though, but that's where I am, hopefully the income goes up in the future and it gets easier.

My goal is vacation rentals. I just figure I need to pick a niche and learn everything about it. I like to travel so it fits. I'm not an entrepreneurial type so I'm going to keep my new, low stress job and develop this as a side hustle.

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If I’m salaried I expect to make 500k mid career. If I have a business I wouldn’t mind making less because the tax treatment is way more favorable.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I’m salaried I expect to make 500k mid career. If I have a business I wouldn’t mind making less because the tax treatment is way more favorable.
500k mid career? doing what?

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VP+ at a major corporation or consulting. I’m at a top 10 business school and avg starting is 150k.
This is not realistic goal , sorry. It will just lead him to be depressed.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why programmers want to work for someone else. In today's society you can make a hell lot of money wih programming skills. Especially with C.
There are plenty ideas to code with the current technological advancements.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why programmers want to work for someone else. In today's society you can make a hell lot of money wih programming skills. Especially with C.
How exactly could one make good money programming independently? Any ideas are welcomed. I’ve thought about learning C and C#. I already know C++.

If I were to be able to make good money programming independently, I could actually have to incomes. I’m a musician and composer as well. Maybe if I were to get a job in a prestigious symphony, compose, and make money programming independently that would create a huge income combined.

Last edited:

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just turned 30. I landed a fairly lucrative role in the new year and so make the before tax equivalent of $250k a year at the moment, from my various sources of income.

70% comes from my 9 - 5 (more like 9 to 9 most days)
20% comes from my position as COO of a start-up I'm helping out (side hustle)
10% comes from my rental properties.

I expect to be millionaire at 33. By 40 I am aiming for 50 investment properties. I have two at the moment and have an offer accepted on a third. Not exactly Donald Trump, but I have a solid plan in place to accumulate more. Aiming for a portfolio of five by the end of this year, seven by the end of next and at least ten the year after.

Real estate investment exhibits the domino effect. Getting the first one is difficult. But then it gets progressively easier with each new acquisition.

I am living within my means and saving aggressively, while still enjoying life in the way you would expect someone who makes six figures to. For example I am now travelling once a month and on occasions when I do go out and party, I'm generous.

Crown

Don Juan
Reaction score
How exactly could one make good money programming independently? Any ideas are welcomed. I’ve thought about learning C and C#. I already know C++.

If I were to be able to make good money programming independently, I could actually have to incomes. I’m a musician and composer as well. Maybe if I were to get a job in a prestigious symphony, compose, and make money programming independently that would create a huge income combined.
Dark magic.

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Building business is not like building app. Programmers lacking many people skills that make success in doing business more hard.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Building business is not like building app. Programmers lacking many people skills that make success in doing business more hard.
Yeah I used to be the same way. But I’ve done a lot of work on my people skills and now I’m pretty happy with them. If you all could point me in the right direction for how to combine programming and business that’d be great

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I used to be the same way. But I’ve done a lot of work on my people skills and now I’m pretty happy with them. If you all could point me in the right direction for how to combine programming and business that’d be great
Try to befriend workers at the gas station you go usually , if you couldnt that mean you need more people skills, I read some where all successful CEO , can make instance friends where ever they go