What age do males stop growing?

Blaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
At what age to males stop growing? (I'm talking height-wise)

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe 22. Generally people say at 18 you mature. But 22 is when you stop growing.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Neo
it depends, probably around 18ish
Well if you want to count genetic, your daily lifestyle, etc but I mean in general.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done some research not so long ago and I remember it saying at age 21 you are fully mature.

Saine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blah, I was close enough, 21, 22, doesn't make much difference.

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
really depends on person. genetics obviously dictate this.

I stopped height wise at age 17. Some kids do so considerably earlyer.

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
how do u grow taller? just sleep and milk?

fender85

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is generally around the age of 21. Even if you stop growing taller at 18, your endocrine system is most likely still developing.

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your epiphyseal plates fully ossify around the age of 25, which is when it is physically impossible for your long bones to grow in length anymore.

- B.A.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad was still growing (height wise) when he was 23, however I did all the growing I was going to from ages 12 to 14 (I'm 21 now, so I don't think I'm going to get much bigger). Just depends on the person I guess.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by B.A.
Your epiphyseal plates fully ossify around the age of 25, which is when it is physically impossible for your long bones to grow in length anymore.

- B.A.
yeah I heard it was 25. But BA put it much more "professional", you dont some biology/medical studies BA?

B.A.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
yeah I heard it was 25. But BA put it much more "professional", you dont some biology/medical studies BA?
Done my A Level Biology in high school (British grades), & I'm currently undertaking my Sports Science Degree.

- B.A.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends. I was 6'1 at age 14 or 15, and I'm still 6'1 today. I stopped growing earlier than ANYBODY I know (freak genes - my dad stopped at 16), but it took me from that point on to actually grow into my body as well - I went from a fat, clumsy kid to a big, athletic guy.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i heard your body (cells) grow to the point of 25yrs old. after taht, everything in your body starts degrading... :mad:

rudygee2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by B.A.

- B.A.
To be more specific, the last things to fuse are parts of your sacrum (they can go on til past 32 years of age) but this really doesnt contribute to height. From what I can tell, the absolutly latest thing that can still grow that will contribute to heights (note that this really depends on genetics) is your femur, which the latest complete obliteration time is about 23 years old. So I would say that the absolutly latest time to continue to grow would be about 22, which would be RIGHT before epiphyseal fusion occurs in the trochanter of the femur (the heads).

(note: I am studying for an exam in BAA forensic anthropology that I have tomorrow, hahahahah)