"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

"we're probably not gonna see each other again..so gimme your #"

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
I was thinking, would that line be a good one for a closure?

Could it simply be a...


"hey what's up i'm so and so, where do you go to school (blah blah), what do you do (blah blah), what are your dreams (blah blah)"

Which is then followed by a hey look i've gotta run, we're probably not gonna see each other again so write down your number for me so we can keep in touch.

is that a good close? exactly the way I typed it. In particular is the "we're probably not gonna see each other again" saying a good one?
 
Last edited:

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
add....

I never saw you before and I probably will never see you again, unless you are willing to give me your number?
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
add....

I never saw you before and I probably will never see you again, unless you are willing to give me your number?
hmm interesting, but don't you think it might just come off a tad bit desperate there, not too much, but a tad bit. i don't know, you know more than me in this.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
I don't really care for it. If you weren't going to see each other, why waste time calling her, she will probably wonder that. If she has anything on the ball she will know that it's just a line.

I'm usually direct. "Give me your number, I want to see you again."
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Take out 'are willing to' ...

And say it with a slight smile.
 
Last edited:
Top