Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight problem

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys
i have a weight problem im not putting on any weight , this is like 2 and a half weeks in
ive been eating approatiatly change of diet with the ratios of carbs protein and fats set out with lots of suppliments. I also go to the gym 4 times a week and yea
but i havn't put on weight i might have lost a little and this is the complete opposite of what i want ? any idea what ive been doing wrong guys?

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://stronglifts.com/gomad-milk-squats-gallon-gain-weight/

If you are skinny and trying to gain weight and muscle, nutrient ratios and supplements are largly pointless unless you are getting the basics right, and if you are getting the basics right, you will be doing fine anyway.

If you are doing a beginner weight training program consistently and with the correct weights, the problem is that you are not eating enough.

Ive found in the last 4-5 months of my own quest to build muscle and gain weight, that a simple rule applies.

If I eat a normal ammount, I make no progress at all.
If I eat so much my stomach hurts, then eat some more, I gain weight and build muscle.

Milk, Meat. More of both is almost certainly what you need.

Good luck, check out the link at the top.

Cure.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PhunGar said:
Hey guys
i have a weight problem im not putting on any weight , this is like 2 and a half weeks in
ive been eating approatiatly change of diet with the ratios of carbs protein and fats set out with lots of suppliments. I also go to the gym 4 times a week and yea
but i havn't put on weight i might have lost a little and this is the complete opposite of what i want ? any idea what ive been doing wrong guys?

Post up your training and diet in detail

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
morning
protein shake
oat meal

meal 2
rice + meat + vege

Meal 3
duplings / pork buns , Protein shake

Meal 4
dinner it really varies but its normally rice + something

and i eat antoehr meal of oatmeal somewhere in between

i try eat as much as i can but my day varies too much
i'll try eat more

day 1

Upright cable row
Compound row
Chest press
inclinded press???????? i dunno what its called
dumbbells -hammer curls , curls ,
tricept dips
pushups

Day 2

Leg extention
Leg curl
Leg press
Squat
abs side to side and then crunch

Day 3

Rest

and then repeat

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your diet looks confused and inconsistent. Your on the right path but it needs more clarification. The first step is actually planning it out meal for meal and sticking to it. What is your bw? Height? Age?

Your training looks similar to your diet. It looks like a list of random exercises with no thought out plan behind them. The good news is Mark Rippetoe has already put together a thought out program for you to use. Look in the where to start thread option A. You should also get his book called Starting Strength.

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
im 18
weight ~58kg ~120lb????

height about 5'4 i think it is? 165ish cm

i dunno about the training a trainer at teh gym made the routine for me and i just stick to it becuase she seemed to know what she was doing .
its pretty much day 1 upper day 2 lower day 3 rest
and diet yea im working on it but its sooo hard

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet can be a pain in the ass, but it's worth the work you put in to it.

Here's a few tips I've picked up over the years about how to control the diet:

1 Tupperware, go nuts with it. Figure out roughly what you'll be eating over the course of a full week and buy enough tupps to store ALL of it.

2 Buy your own mini-fridge/bar fridge to put your **** in. You can prolly get one cheap over in USA.

3 Set aside 3 hours every Sunday for doing the lords work(grocery shopping and cooking). The bonus of doing it on a Sunday is that all the farmers markets are open, so you can stock up on some quality food.

3 Cook up all the meats for the week, chicken/beef/etc. Chuck 4 days worth into the freezer, and the other 3 days into the fridge.

4 Only steam veggies for 4 days at a time as they tend to go old. Buy a steamer. I steam 4 bushels of brocolli and eat them over 4 days. Pick up more veggies midway through the week, or opt for some frozen packages to hold you through till Sunday again.

5 Buy 4 1L bottles of water and keep them in the fridge. I fill mine before bed each night, so they're cold by morning. Make sure they're all empty by bedtime.

6 don't cook eggs in advance as they can start to taste... festive.

7 Buy 3 protein drink shakers(bottles) and make 2-3 whey shakes while your cooking eggs in the morning, to take with you during the day.

8 Keep some packs of frozen veggies on hand.

There's more but when your just starting out it's best to keep it simple. Get the hang of food prep and your half way there.

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks heaps quicksilver

yea i'll try get one of those protine shake shakers so i can carry around
its hard beucase work causes me to work whenever they call me which varies so i dont' have much time to plan food
last week i worked liek 55 hours
its a bit different to you guys im still living at home so i dont' have to cook my own meals my mum does
but i still try buy my own tuna shakes etc etc
i suppose it will come with time

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What Espi and Quik said.

MANY of us have difficulty putting on weight at some point. We all make various excuses, but it just comes down to dieting discipline. I'm not the best at this; in fact lately I've only been eating three modest meals a day. To be honest, I love to eat but eating every three hours just becomes a chore after a while. You get sick of all the work and just want to be 'normal' again.

Phases are ok, but when you have an objective in mind (like gaining 15 lbs, say), you have to devise a sound plan and stick to it. Just like training. If I wanted to add 25 lbs to my bench press, I'm not going to accomplish that by just doing random exercises in the gym. I need to have a calculated plan based of percentages of my max and exercises that will target my weak areas.

Same with dieting. Think of what you need to accomplish your objective. If you are trying to bulk, you arent going to accomplish this effectively eating only protein or 'lean' foods. Dont be afraid of carbs and calories. Think of meals for the week you can prepare without too much labor and that will actually taste good, otherwise you wont want to eat. Then cook them all up at once, freeze or refrigerate them and your work is done until the next Sunday.

PhunGar

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks all your guys for ur help
maybe it was just that day i was alittle lighter

anyhow today i weighed +1kg so im quiet happy wiht that although its a little gain its progress none the less