Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight gaining has plateaued

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working out for almost 3 months, and I've gone from a stagnant 154 to 159.5, and burned a good deal of fat along the way. For the past 2 weeks I've stayed at 159.5. I want to keep growing. I've decided to eat more food. Maybe I'm just not getting enough intake to feed my building process. Any ideas?

Here's my meal plan

Upon waking up:
Protein Shake (one scope of Gold Standard Isolate w/ milk) and a banana

Breakfast:
4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
Portion of Cottage Cheese
1.5 peaches

Lunch:
Chicken salad or tuna sandwich
Pinto/Lima/Navy beans
Portion of vegetable

Midday Snack
Protein bar or Shake (2 scopes of wheybolic extreme 60) and sometime a fruit.

After workout shake

Dinner:
Meat (chicken, steak, or 2 fried white eggbeater sandwich w/ canola oil)
Portion of vegetable if not eating a sandwich.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Add a large morning tea meal, only eat whole eggs, swap chicken for beef/red meat.
Eat a cup of rice/oats with your post WO shake.
Have a small shake with fish oil just before bed.

That should do for a little while.

Edit: add more veggies if you are looking for health as well as muscle. Like, with my morning eggs, I also fry up some diced tomato, zucchini and spinach or broccoli. Makes you feel better.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Add a large morning tea meal, only eat whole eggs, swap chicken for beef/red meat.
Eat a cup of rice/oats with your post WO shake.
Have a small shake with fish oil just before bed.

That should do for a little while.

Edit: add more veggies if you are looking for health as well as muscle. Like, with my morning eggs, I also fry up some diced tomato, zucchini and spinach or broccoli. Makes you feel better.
Will I be gaining fat as well as muscle or will I still be gaining only muscle.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
Will I be gaining fat as well as muscle or will I still be gaining only muscle.
very few people can only gain muscle. Your not gaining because your not eating enough and you could be training wrong too, post your routine up. Your diet isn't terrible and if you eat this everyday then tweaking it will be easy.

Upon waking up:
Protein Shake (one scope of Gold Standard Isolate w/ milk) and a banana3 scoops, 2-3cups milks, 3raw eggs, 2bananas

Breakfast:
4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs (scramble these 6eggs up and use the entire egg, and also double your cottage cheese portion and peach portion
)

Portion of Cottage Cheese
1.5 peaches

Lunch:
Chicken salad or tuna sandwich add another half of whatever it is you have, so either a chicken salad+a half of chicken salad or tuna sandwich+half of tuna sandwich
Pinto/Lima/Navy beans
Portion of vegetable

Midday Snack
Protein bar or Shake (2 scopes of wheybolic extreme 60) and sometime a fruit. 2 bars, or 3scoop shake, 3raweggs, banana

After workout shake
75-120ishg of fast carbs, followed by a 3scoop shake

Dinner:
Meat (chicken, steak, or 2 fried white eggbeater sandwich w/ canola oil)
Portion of vegetable if not eating a sandwich. add an extra half to your normal serving

Royce

Don Juan
Reaction score
^What he said,
Make sure your getting enough sleep as well.

Consider creatine cycling

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
take 1 weeks break, then change all the exercises you do. or the sets and reps.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well somehow I lost a few pounds, but shot back up to 161 lbs. I'm slowly gaining, but I'm loosing so much fat. I added a weight gainer as my second shake of the day, and it has made a difference.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to EFFORT.

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
make sure you eat enough. plateaue's don't exist. you are either not eating enough, or not training hard enough. what's your workout

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
What do you mean by this?
Staying the same weight for 2 weeks doesn't mean much. You grow in spurts. You can't expect a 1 lb per week gain or anything like that consistently.

Often what happens is maybe you lift for 8 weeks and then do a deload week and since you finally have time to recover fully you will gain a bunch of weight in a week.

Don't expect 1 lb every monday or whatever and you won't be disappointed. You should look for trends over a longer period.

This isn't to say that you don't need to eat more because you probably do.

make sure you eat enough. plateaue's don't exist. you are either not eating enough, or not training hard enough. what's your workout
This is nonsense. You can eat "enough" and train incredibly hard and be beyond your recovery abilities and be "plateaued," and, in fact, you can regress.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Upon waking up:
Protein Shake (one scope of Gold Standard Isolate w/ milk) and a banana3 scoops, 2-3cups milks, 3raw eggs, 2bananas
When I take more than the recommended 1 scoop serving of Gold Standard, I get an awful stomach ache. Gold Standard is 24g of protein per scoop. Can you suggest some other Whey Isolate that has more grams of protein per serving, so I can get the desired amount of intake each day?

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mavrick said:
When I take more than the recommended 1 scoop serving of Gold Standard, I get an awful stomach ache. Gold Standard is 24g of protein per scoop. Can you suggest some other Whey Isolate that has more grams of protein per serving, so I can get the desired amount of intake each day?
You can't get much better concentration of protein in whey than what Gold's has, the have 90+% protein by mass in their whey. I usually have around 3 scoops a day in just water, for me Optimum Nutrition whey tastes like crap whatever I mix it with, so I just gulp it down without thinking about it.

If it gives you a stomach ache, you should look into the cause. Do you have any food intolerances? I know that ON whey uses some soy to make the whey not clump, and a bunch of other stuff. You should look into it.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your in the US, Check out Trueprotein.com. You can get GEMMA protein, which is non-diary. Not to mention there are tons of flavors, and it can save you lots of money on whey.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eldafar said:
You can't get much better concentration of protein in whey than what Gold's has, the have 90+% protein by mass in their whey. I usually have around 3 scoops a day in just water, for me Optimum Nutrition whey tastes like crap whatever I mix it with, so I just gulp it down without thinking about it.

If it gives you a stomach ache, you should look into the cause. Do you have any food intolerances? I know that ON whey uses some soy to make the whey not clump, and a bunch of other stuff. You should look into it.
I have 3 scoops a day, but Effort suggested 3 scoops at one time. That's actually how I started out, and it hurt so bad.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm starting to realize why I'm not gaining weight. While my weight is staying the same, my fat is disappearing very quickly. My pants don't fit and the usual notch on my belt won't hold them up. I can see my adonis belt so well, and I can see a six-pack starting to show. So, apparently I am gaining weight via muscle, but losing fat just as quickly.

Until I build more muscle than I have fat to burn, I won't see any gain in weight. I'm going to check my body/fat content and BMI today. Then just go off of that.