Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Wedding Crashers" Would Never Happen in Real Life

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2005 movie "Wedding Crashers" could never happen at weddings in from 2010-present. In fact, I would say that it was far fetched and detached from reality even in 2005.

The main reason that "Wedding Crashers" could never happen 2010-present is that people get married much later in life now. It is true that people are staying unmarried later into life. At 2010 and later weddings, the typical 27-33 year old wedding attendee is coming to the wedding with their significant other. A decline in marriage rates does not equate into a decline in couplehood.

My closest friend got married in 2017 and there were 100+ attendees. How many unattached women attended that wedding? 0. The marrying couple were 28 and 29 at the time of the wedding, meaning their social circle of 27-33 year olds were all in various stages of committed couplehood. There would be 0 single women looking for a man. Few unattached men showed up because the unattached men knew that there would be 0 unattached women showing up. Some other weddings in my social circle were similar to that in terms of unattached women.

If social circles lead to relationships, people are introduced well before a wedding reception.

The only time that a wedding reception could lead to a blossoming romance is if a couple gets married early in life and most of their social circle is still too young to have attachments. That type of wedding is getting less common.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to be upfront about your intentions, cameras and video will be there, you will be on them, people aren't stupid they'll expose you for the clout

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve honestly never been jacked off under a table surrounded by her family. Would be kinda fun though!

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 2005 movie "Wedding Crashers" could never happen at weddings in from 2010-present. In fact, I would say that it was far fetched and detached from reality even in 2005.

The main reason that "Wedding Crashers" could never happen 2010-present is that people get married much later in life now. It is true that people are staying unmarried later into life. At 2010 and later weddings, the typical 27-33 year old wedding attendee is coming to the wedding with their significant other. A decline in marriage rates does not equate into a decline in couplehood.

My closest friend got married in 2017 and there were 100+ attendees. How many unattached women attended that wedding? 0. The marrying couple were 28 and 29 at the time of the wedding, meaning their social circle of 27-33 year olds were all in various stages of committed couplehood. There would be 0 single women looking for a man. Few unattached men showed up because the unattached men knew that there would be 0 unattached women showing up. Some other weddings in my social circle were similar to that in terms of unattached women.

If social circles lead to relationships, people are introduced well before a wedding reception.

The only time that a wedding reception could lead to a blossoming romance is if a couple gets married early in life and most of their social circle is still too young to have attachments. That type of wedding is getting less common.
What has changed in the past 10-15 years that would prevent young single women from showing up at weddings? I don't understand what you're getting at. Even if the couple is in their 40s, 50s, I don't see why there wouldn't be younger women around, it's not like bridemaids are the only women there.

My problem with that movie and any hollywood depiction of weddings is the extravagence and open bars...in my limited experience most weddings are painfully dull and plain. Most people are understandly not willing to dish out 10s of thousands of dollars for a wedding.

All that said, in the back of my mind I still have this idea in my head that I might meet a girl at a wedding and something good will come of it. A wedding (if its actually fun and isn't full of middle aged fatties) can be a great way to meet women.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What has changed in the past 10-15 years that would prevent young single women from showing up at weddings? I don't understand what you're getting at. Even if the couple is in their 40s, 50s, I don't see why there wouldn't be younger women around, it's not like bridemaids are the only women there.
Nothing would prevent young, single women from showing up at weddings. The point I am making is that it doesn't seem to play out that way in real life. At most times, women are in relationships and not open to meeting new men at the times when their friends are getting married. A larger percentage of modern day wedding are people around 30 years old with other people in their social circle around 30 and in the midst of some sort of LTR on the wedding. Most of the bridesmaids have boyfriends.

It is possible that single women could elect not to attend some weddings if they find themselves unattached when a friend is getting married to avoid being unattached amongst all couples. It could be an awkward feeling. Some single men have taken that course of action.

My problem with that movie and any hollywood depiction of weddings is the extravagence and open bars...in my limited experience most weddings are painfully dull and plain. Most people are understandly not willing to dish out 10s of thousands for a wedding.

All that said in the back of my mind I still have this idea in my head that I might meet a girl at a wedding and something good will come of it, a wedding (if its actually fun) can be a great way to meet women.
Most weddings and wedding receptions are painfully dull and plain. I attended a wedding reception on Zoom last Fall and I was glad that it was a Zoom reception because I didn't have to dress up or travel to something that was so boring.

I think chance meetings at a wedding have been happening less often in the last 10-20 years.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Disagree. The characters portrayed in that movie played by Vince Vaugn and Owen Wilson had good looks but more importantly top tier game with excellent personalities. Guys like that can clean up anywhere imo. They just know how to make women laugh. Vince Vaughn's character is very tall as well.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree. The characters portrayed in that movie played by Vince Vaugn and Owen Wilson had good looks but more importantly top tier game with excellent personalities. Guys like that can clean up anywhere imo. They just know how to make women laugh. Vince Vaughn's character is very tall as well.
We agree more than we disagree. Vince Vaughn is 6'5". So, Vince Vaughn's character is 6'5". A 6'5" guy with some semblance of a personality will be able to do well in any setting. He wouldn't need to randomly show up at other people's weddings to get laid. It's easier for that character to get laid approaching randomly in any setting than going through the effort of going to people's weddings where there aren't that many prospects.

Owen Wilson is 5'10" so Owen Wilson's character is 5'10". A 5'10" guy needs to be more charismatic to get laid than a 6'0"+ guy, especially a 6'5". That character was charismatic enough.

Here's an interesting article I found below about sex/romance from weddings.

I'm not sure how valid the findings of the survey are. The survey was supposedly of 1,000 recent wedding attendees and done in 2018. On the surface, a sample size of 1,000 is a reasonable sample size. I would assume recent was within 5 years or so of 2018. So I pose these questions to the forum....

Since 2010, have any of you reading this gotten laid as a result of attending a wedding?

If you've gotten laid as a result of attending a wedding, was it that night at the reception or a later time?

If you've gotten laid as a result of attending a wedding, did it result in anything more than a one night stand/casual sex arrangement?

Last edited:

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's why you gotta crash funerals man. That's where it's at.

Modern Man Advice

Reaction score
I disagree in the sense that I saw many people I know get married in their 20s that were divorced by their 30s. Those people got second and third marriages coming up, so there's still a change a wedding crasher could run into a divorcee who's ready to be wild and uninhibited, lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree in the sense that I saw many people I know get married in their 20s that were divorced by their 30s. Those people got second and third marriages coming up, so there's still a change a wedding crasher could run into a divorcee who's ready to be wild and uninhibited, lol
Interesting point. I've not been to any 2nd/3rd weddings where the two people marrying are between 35-50. The weddings I've been invited to in recent years have been late 20s/early 30s people doing their first weddings, though one wedding was a 1st wedding for the man and 2nd wedding for the woman. That wedding was a pandemic era wedding, so I attended the reception portion of it via Zoom. I appreciated the whole Zoom thing as the reception was painfully boring but I didn't have to travel or dress up for it so I appreciated that.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So females don't have single friends?
Some do. Some don't. It would seem to me that women whose relationships go longer tend to see their single friends drop off. In other words, if a woman is in a relationship for ~2-3+ years, she tends to surround herself with other women in a similar situation in life.

Or it might just be that my social circle had lousy weddings in it. That example of 100+ attendees and 0 single women might be a drastic one. The results of the survey link that I posted earlier in this thread are probably more indicative of reality than my small social circle.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some do. Some don't. It would seem to me that women whose relationships go longer tend to see their single friends drop off. In other words, if a woman is in a relationship for ~2-3+ years, she tends to surround herself with other women in a similar situation in life.

Or it might just be that my social circle had lousy weddings in it. That example of 100+ attendees and 0 single women might be a drastic one. The results of the survey link that I posted earlier in this thread are probably more indicative of reality than my small social circle.
Most of the wedding i attended have single and friends who wish they were married.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the wedding i attended have single and friends who wish they were married.
Seems like you are missing a word here.

When you attended weddings, there were unattached women who attended. These unattached women were friends of the bride who wished they were married?

That's how I understand it.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like you are missing a word here.

When you attended weddings, there were unattached women who attended. These unattached women were friends of the bride who wished they were married?

That's how I understand it.
Yes. So it might've been single women or women who left their boyfriends at home, and during the festivities people want to have fun the unattached will mingle. Weddings are a great time for people to connect and wedding crashers simply played off of this natural "feeling" in a wedding.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you actually know how to dance. I'm not talking about shaking around not knowing what you are doing, but really dance actual steps and know what you are doing... you will clean up at wedding receptions.

Most men suck on the dance floor.... learn to dance and you will stand out.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
women who left their boyfriends at home
The one wedding from 2017 I mentioned earlier in this thread from my social circle -- I know one friend of the bride showed up without her husband. Her husband had some other event that day. There are women who attend weddings without their husband or boyfriend. Not sure how open they are to new penis. Case by case basis I would guess.

If you actually know how to dance....really dance actual steps and know what you are doing... you will clean up at wedding receptions.

Most men suck on the dance floor.... learn to dance and you will stand out.
In my social circle, I'm not sure it would have made a difference based on the attachment rates. I could see that as being possible if the wedding attendees include single women. Also, with the pandemic, dancing and wedding receptions might be happening less. I haven't attended a wedding in person since the onset of the pandemic.