Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wear a Suit

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do it when you pick up chicks. You'll stand out and you'll look a lot more put together. Get yourself a nice slim cut suit & a good pair of shoes. The suit makes the man...

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me no idea why but most women LOVE a man in a suit. Don't ask me why but they do...

(Could be the equivalent of the 'women in uniform' thing so maybe thats why. Um, but that's another story.. ahem. ;) )

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by syncmaster
The suit makes the man...

I disagree. :crackup:

If a girl is not impressed with your physical presence, a suit is going to make little difference.

Do you think a midget would look sexier if he we to wear a suit? No. He would look like a sawed off penguin.

DonMEgaHoss

Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: hehehe got my laughing in at least for the day sawed off penguin... caught me off guard.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Wear a Suit

Originally posted by sux2bu
I disagree. :crackup:

If a girl is not impressed with your physical presence, a suit is going to make little difference.

Do you think a midget would look sexier if he we to wear a suit? No. He would look like a sawed off penguin.
:D but a damn good looking penguin at that...

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Wear a Suit

Originally posted by syncmaster
:D but a damn good looking penguin at that...

ahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Man, i'm just getting a real good mental picture of this.... complete with top hat and cane

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose this is a tip for younger people, as virtually any of us over the age of 21 already have multiple suits... By the way, sux, I think he was referring to "suit", not "tuxedo". While it can be argued that a tuxedo is a different style suit, generally they're considered to be separate from one another.

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
I often wear suits in my day job, and I do a lot of work in Europe so I know how to wear them and most of all, I'm comfortable in mine.

I'm out with clients for dinners, drinks, etc. quite a bit and yes, I can tell you that a suit -- a real suit, not some Banana Republic white cotton POS -- is super-flattering and it knocks chicks dead. I get more girls approaching me in a suit in a bar than in my "street" clothes; not only is it an instant conversation starter, but I think I look a hell of a lot better in it.

I get my suits at Brooks Brothers or at the Bon or Macy's yearly sales; I have a couple from England, as wel (I also have two that I found at Value Village; one's a Nordstrom and the other's an Uomo Italian number, but I wouldn't actively hunt for suits at VV hoping to find anything.) My suits run about $700-1000 apiece; the English suits cost far more. If that seems high, think about what a woman spends for a knockout slinky dress. A good suit does the same for you.

If you only own one suit, make it a dark blue, three-button suit with pinstripes. You can wear this to job interviews, court dates, funerals, dinners out; it goes with any occasion. Get a pocket square to match your tie, and learn how to wear it. The belt matches the shoes. Don't skimp on the socks.

Men's Wearhouse or whatever can set you up with a "starter" suit for a couple hundred, but take it to Brooks Brothers and throw down another $100 or so for the tailoring after the "tailors" at Men's Wearhouse get it sized for you. There's a difference between sizing and tailoring.

As for wearing the suit, the trick is to have a reason to have the suit on; you'll need to be out with other friends who are also in suits, or have a quick story about just coming from a funeral or something.

On that, I went out a few weeks ago after a friend's father's memorial service. He was a Marine, and I wore my Alphas to the service. (My mother has my dress blues.) The Service Alpha is the green service uniform with khaki undershirt, khaki tie, and ribbons instead of medals. My buddy, his friends, and I went out for a couple of shots after the service and I got three -- count 'em -- phone numbers, all from girls who came right up to me. They LOVE the uniform.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a suit man, myself. Aside from good shoes, watch, etc. to wear with a suit, what I find good is to simply leave off the tie. When you go professional casual you can look good and be appropriately dressed practically anywhere, except for the beach or playing tennis. Techno concert, gothic nightclub, fine dining, cheap dining, the movies, a stroll in the park—it doesn’t matter. You look good. Except for the beach or playing tennis. :D

There is not the same flexibility with wearing a tie. However...
sux2bu:

This gentleman is also correct. Men are not the sum of their techniques. A “dork” who dresses GQ will still be seen by the ladies... as a “dork,” albeit a stylish one.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get told all the time by guys that I dress like i'm gay and told all the time by girls that I have impecable taste in fashion. . . sorry buddy, but you're not the one i'm going home w/ tonight :D. I love my suits.

Something else that I forgot to mention - if you have a nice suit don't ruin it by putting a bomber jacket over it. Get a nice wool car coat for the winter. I found a phenomenal deal at Moores for a wool/cashmere overcoat for $200 end of season last year. It's really sharp & really warm.

Last edited:

SlowBurn

Don Juan
Reaction score
When wearing a nice suit, you have to present a complete polished image. One little thing wrong can completely ruin that image.

One of the biggest mistakes is your wallet. Pull out your wallet right now. Seriously. Look at it. What's in it? License (sure), Gym membership card, book club card, 4 credit cards, 2 debit cards, tanning salon card, that eat 5 meals get one free Chinese food card, sex shop frequent buyer card (whoops didn't mean to mention that, move along-nothing to see). A wad of cash and what's that at the bottom? Look it's real, authentic wallet crud.

All this stacks up to stuffing a bible sized hunka chunka wallet into the right rear pocket of your oh so well tailored Brioni 4 button suit. Heck, swing around fast enough you could take out pedestrians.

Here's a little trick that a successful salesman once showed me. Instead of one wallet, use two. When I wore suits in the corporate jungle I'd use two slim Coach wallets and evenly distribute my swag between them. Voila, no telltale bulging at all. (Well except for where it matters). :D

-SlowBurn

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SlowBurn
When wearing a nice suit, you have to present a complete polished image. One little thing wrong can completely ruin that image.

One of the biggest mistakes is your wallet. Pull out your wallet right now. Seriously. Look at it. What's in it? License (sure), Gym membership card, book club card, 4 credit cards, 2 debit cards, tanning salon card, that eat 5 meals get one free Chinese food card, sex shop frequent buyer card (whoops didn't mean to mention that, move along-nothing to see). A wad of cash and what's that at the bottom? Look it's real, authentic wallet crud.

All this stacks up to stuffing a bible sized hunka chunka wallet into the right rear pocket of your oh so well tailored Brioni 4 button suit. Heck, swing around fast enough you could take out pedestrians.

Here's a little trick that a successful salesman once showed me. Instead of one wallet, use two. When I wore suits in the corporate jungle I'd use two slim Coach wallets and evenly distribute my swag between them. Voila, no telltale bulging at all. (Well except for where it matters). :D

-SlowBurn

cool :D - i use a silver money clip where I keep my id , debit, 2 major credit cards & cash.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, dressing well (within whatever context that is) works. Like mad. An instant opener.

PocoDiablo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with dressing well.

I don't have to, but I dress for work with dress pants, dress shirt, a tie and *most importantly* a tie chain. Just a little silver or gold chain that goes across the tie. I get stares on the Metro, and get quite a few women moving to get my attention. Easy kills.

I met the current GF dressed like that and she tells stories about how this "well dressed man came into her store" etc.

It probably helped that I had my two Great Danes with me, but you get the point... :lol:

Diaoz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I suppose this is a tip for younger people, as virtually any of us over the age of 21 already have multiple suits... By the way, sux, I think he was referring to "suit", not "tuxedo". While it can be argued that a tuxedo is a different style suit, generally they're considered to be separate from one another.
what's the difference between a tux and a suit?

Other than the bowtie and cumberbands?

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
A tux has a satin collar, and will often have satin lapels and pockets; also, tux jackets have a variety of tails that are not found on suits.

Most tuxes are black; tuxedo design was standardized a hundred years ago as a way to make women's dresses stand out at formal occasions. In modern times, tuxedos have become as varied and "peacockish" as women's dresses, so there's very little difference between tuxes and suits these days, save the use of satin and the tail of the jacket.

If you wear a tux to a club, you'll probably be asked to call someone a cab. ;)

MyNameIsEd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to wear a leisure suit when I'm out cavorting with the female gender.