"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Ways you have met your girlfriend/friend.

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
Think of this as a survey.

How did you meet your girlfriend/friend?

Example:

Through a friend.

Give it a go guys... maybe it will help me keep hope up in finding a girl myself. I seem to be finding the wrong girls... and the girls I want, I don't ever meet. (The girl I want: Not a slut).

Thanks.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
she waved at me in class one day and i waved back :p

Then she asked me about homework or some BS and we have been GF/Bf ever since but we arent together anymore :(
 

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
780
Reaction score
3
Location
International
Through work...

Best time to meet a GF would be in on the daytime... you get ppl for what they are rather than in the environment that is the club or bar where you don't really know what you're gettin.. hence the classroom is an ideal place for pickin up girl cos you immediately got somethin in common...

The reason why most people fail is that they don't have the balls to approach in the day.. say that girl in front of them in the library queue, that girl handin out leaflets on campus, or girl across the way in your class who you know would look good on your arm... people miss so many great opportunities...
 

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
The only LTR's I've met are at places I hang out regularly.

The community swimming pool.

The gym.

The coffee shop.

The Park


STR

Bars...
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

SteR

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 9, 2004
Messages
749
Reaction score
253
I'd love to meet someone good during the day but when I see somebody I like I find it very very hard to approach as it's way easier to approach girls in clubs/bars although there's alcohol and sluts there so it's definately not the best place to find an LTR.

I do still believe that you can meet decent girls in bars/clubs because all the girls I know all go to bars/clubbing and some of them are real nice (not my type lol) but it just goes to show that not all girls are sluts that go there...
 

fan27

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Age
52
coffee shop.

yoga class (The amount of hot women at my local yoga studio is insane (25 - 40 crowd)). Plus, the ratio of men/women is very favorable.
 

Reto

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2003
Messages
836
Reaction score
1
Age
53
Fan, a female friend asked me to go to a Yoga class. I declined. Should I accept? I have this fear of looking like a complete uncoordinated dufus...
 

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
After a rugby world cup game i was out at a club with some mates. Saw a friend from school, had a chat and found out he was engaged/busted his knee.... other stuff like that.
So i decided to play one of the games i used to do to my mates, i do the whole club thing where u talk to every girl in sight but i would then get them to go up to my mate and say some random phrase.
It is good fun, basically i saw this chicky checking me out, went over and decided i wanted her for my self. With her ever since.
Cheers
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
i met my girl at a school dance.

It is a great place to meet women during high school because of the fact when slow dancing comes on. You get to use kino on the lady. :)
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

fan27

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Age
52
Originally posted by Reto
Fan, a female friend asked me to go to a Yoga class. I declined. Should I accept? I have this fear of looking like a complete uncoordinated dufus...
Go to the class. You will be no more uncoordinated than the other newbies.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
1 - Through a friend who literally played matchmaker: his intention was for us to hook up from the start, and it happened.

2 - She saw me, found me hot, added me on MSN. Chatted, got her #, asked on a date. Rest is history.

3 - Through another friend.

4 - Through a friend on MSN, but I was talking to her for a long time before actually asking for her number, because my friend wanted her. I was just establishing rapport in the first couple of months and didn't give a $hit if anything happened, but now I'm glad I'm in a relationship with this girl.

Moral of my stories: don't hope for too much, take life as it is. When there's an opportunity, approach, but don't fantasize about making the woman your wife and having 14 kids and a condo when you haven't even been on a date yet. Grab your balls and be always on the offensive, never let an opportunity pass you by.
 
Top