Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Water weight/Water retention

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I came across this article recently, which I found very fascinating:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/water.htm

It suggests that in some cases excess flab could be caused by stubborn water retention. I've dropped way below my recommended weight in the past, but regardless of how thin I have become I always have this layer of thick skin covering my abs. It sounds like I might have this problem, but have no idea how to check for sure.

Anyone else had experience with this?

phenom

Don Juan
Reaction score
You may want to purchase some Water Pills or "Diuretics" at your local neighborhood pharmacy and take them for a week to see if that's the case. I would deffinately follow the directions though so you don't become seriously dehydrated and wind up in the hospital. I did a quick google search and am thinking about trying this myself because I would like to know the same thing.

http://www.metabolicnutrition.com/hydravax.phtml

Btw: your before and after pics=amazing

-Cheers

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Phenom, I will read into it and give it a go. If you give it a try meanwhile please keep me updated on how well it works for you.

And thanks for the comment on the pics. :)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And yeah...I have this. I was always thin, but pudgy around the middle. Considering I'm 5'11" and I just broke 150 pounds this summer, you can imagine what I'm like.

Most of my body is well defined, and I'm getting bigger by the day, but I can't get my abs to show. Thanks for the link.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get some green tea for a bit and see how that goes. That also helps get rid of retained water.

Beer is horrific for water retention - If my memory serves me rightly, sodium is a big cause of it.

Green tea, and if you go to a gym, get yourself into the sauna :)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long in the sauna?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take a load of water with you, and very occasionally taste your sweat. when it stops tasting really salty, you're onto a winner.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While my mom was on a diet, she kept track of everything she ate, like sodium, fat, and sugar.

She noticed that if she ate a particularly salty meal (Baja Frsh as an example) she would retain up to 3lbs MORE water for up to 3-4 days. And this is when she weighs only 120lbs.

That was only one meal too, if you were to have a particularly salty diet you could retain much more.

Its funny, because drinking ALOT of water will actually make you retain less.