Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Water filters?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Planning to get rid of plastic bottles and drink water from the sink which is drinkable where I live but kinda "dirty" from old pipelines.

Any idea? not necessarily small budget solutions.

billtx49

Reaction score
Reverse osmosis systems are highly regarded. Units can be purchased through home improvement stores.
You mention old pipelines though, if they contain lead it’s a Big concern.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cant really tell if heavy metals are in the water, the building pipelines are far from new and well kept which is why I dont trust drinking from there.

Is there any filter that can protect from lead and other heavy metals too?

Right now the choice is either estrogens mimicking compounds from the plastic or lead from the sink...

billtx49

Reaction score
Google - ‘water filtration lead removal’
It’s a tool, use it…
I’m busy right now

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reverse osmosis under counter systems are about $150us. There is a cost per gallon with any water filter. Carbon removes lead and is simpler and cheaper than ro. In theory, if you bought activated charcoal, you could make your own filter as well, but it probably wouldn't be worth the effort compared to buying one.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
For a house, I like a "whole house" filter installed after your main water shut off (as opposed to one just under your sink). It also protects your appliances like clothes washer, dishwasher, water heater, boiler, etc. from picking up debris from the water supply.

For an apartment/flat in a building, the main water supply isn't under your control, so an under sink would be the best bet.

Last edited: