Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

wat happens if you dont consume enough water with creatine?

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wat happens if your taking pure creatine with protein whey and you dont consume enough water, is that bad? or will that just decrease your potential? 128ounces of water a day is alot, heh.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ur d*** will swell up and explode

JJNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, these guys are a bunch of unhelpful jerks! :mad:

The truth is, if you consume creatine without enough water, it'll alter the hormonal balance (testosterone:estrogen ratio) of your body and lead to potentially feminizing side effects such as testicular atrophy, gynecomastia, ovulation, etc...

There was recently a study published on this in the New England Journal of Medicine. You can find it on Medline.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with the stuff if I wasn't aware of the risks and knew exactly what I was doing... :D

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JJNYC

The truth is, if you consume creatine without enough water, it'll alter the hormonal balance (testosterone:estrogen ratio) of your body and lead to potentially feminizing side effects such as testicular atrophy, gynecomastia, ovulation, etc...

There was recently a study published on this in the New England Journal of Medicine. You can find it on Medline.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with the stuff if I wasn't aware of the risks and knew exactly what I was doing... :D

Lost for words. Now ive seen it all.

Come to think of it JJ, you overlooked the irony in the first 3 posts im hoping that you were trying the same with this one.

Last edited:

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok...I went trough taking creatine without enough water, well it was actually taking nitro-tech (i hate muscletech, but i got this free) anyhow...it has 3 grams of creatine per serving in there, so i took it...the only thing it does to you is give you the ****s, none of that hormonal crap up there, i mean it might do the hormonal blah blah but not anything to freak out over.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JJNYC

You're full of crap.

darkhorse

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But he's got a great vocabulary. He had me going until he mentioned ovulation. That I would like to see.

JJNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Girevik
You're full of crap.
Jeez, some people have no sense of humor! :D

At least darkhorse picked up on the ovulation, that was a giveaway! :p

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL Good one JJ u had me for a minute or two im not afraid to admit. Cleverly done my son!

Thing is, the poor fella still aint got an answer to his question!

Drinking a large amount of water - 2 litres or more per day - should be taken as read anyway so its kind of a moot point.

JJNYC

Don Juan
Reaction score
But seriously...

In my experience, when I take in extra protein and creatine, I naturally become more thirsty and end up drinking more during the day. I wouldn't obsess over this.

Also... if you're just adding the creatine to a whey protein shake, you're not going to get the full effect because you need insulin to help shuttle the creatine into your muscle cells. That's why it's recommended to take creatine with fruit juice.

What I usually do is mix my creatine with water and iced tea powder, and then add some extra dextrose (a high glycemic sugar, it's what's in nitro-tech) on top of that. You can get dextrose from www.supplementdirect.com for $11 for 10lbs.

J.J.

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
I take a thick protein shake in the morning after breakfast, and one after i come home from school. Then workout about an hour later and take a full spoon of creatine and mix it with apple juice. And one more protein shake to top off the day at night, about 2-3 hours prior to going to bed. Is this good?

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DX_Flyer
I take a thick protein shake in the morning after breakfast, and one after i come home from school. Then workout about an hour later and take a full spoon of creatine and mix it with apple juice. And one more protein shake to top off the day at night, about 2-3 hours prior to going to bed. Is this good?
You do eat during the day too right?

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Flame retardant: This could be total BS, but here's how I do it. YMMV:

When on creatine, I know if I'm not drinking enough water if my throat feels dry. When you're body dehydrates, one of the first places it draws water from is your throat. This is why singers must keep hydrated. So if your throat is dry when you're on creatine, then you're not drinking enough.

Similarly, protein requires water to digest, which also needs to be replenished. I take my tuna as my last meal of the day, and so sometimes I wake up with a dry throat if I don't take enough water with it.

Keep a gallon jug of water with you 24/7 and just nurse it all day.

Zelemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Safari
Keep a gallon jug of water with you 24/7 and just nurse it all day.
Heh ok, when I go to school tommarow I will carry a gallon jug to all my classes. I'm sure that won't look weird...

And on Sunday I will take it to church. People will be very confused.

When I have a doctor's appointment I will take it in with me and drink it while I am having a check-up.

Heh, it is fun to think of all the situations that would make you look really weird carrying a gallon jug.

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah yes, high school. I had forgotten about being image conscious and giving a sh!t what other people think.

The more "socially correct" version for you high schoolers is...(drum roll)...a small bottle.

I know this is ground breaking stuff, but not everyone can be a master of the obvious. :D

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine and water.

Your liver cn dehydrate.

Creatine cleans it but also removes water from it.. drink your water..

You can also get muscle cramps..

Good_ol_boy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Heh ok, when I go to school tommarow I will carry a gallon jug to all my classes. I'm sure that won't look weird...

And on Sunday I will take it to church. People will be very confused.

When I have a doctor's appointment I will take it in with me and drink it while I am having a check-up."

Seen people doing ALL of these. No big deal!!!