Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was she being friendly just to make a sale?

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in the mall today searching for some hygiene products such as quality moisturizers for face and body, and some cleansing solutions. I like to look my best and healthy skin is a great start to looking good.

Anyway, I stop at one of those vendor carts that are situated throughout malls. The girl with the cart was attractive which influenced me to stop there, and the products seemed high quality as well.

To make a long story short, I'm sure she's normally very friendly because of her job but she was extremely flirty with me. She asked how old I was (a lot of people ask me this because I look pretty young even though I'll be 25 in two months). And she demonstrated the products I was interested in by massaging the moisturizer into my hands (a lot) and asking me touch her so I could feel the texture of her skin. Then she asked if I was single plus she made a lot of flirty jokes. At the end, she said "okay you gotta hug me now", so I gave her a 2 1/2 second hug.

I am planning to go back there next Saturday and tell her I really liked the products (which I do... I smell really good and my skin feels good) and casually ask if she wants to do something when her shift is over.

This will be my first time in a while asking a girl out to do something. But I believe the time I spent on this site and the disgust with my love life has pushed me to the edge where I'm going to stop caring so much and just do what I feel.

But I would like to know the answer to the subject question. Was she being friendly just to make a sale? Does she do this to every guy? Regardless, I'm still going back to make second contact.

Smack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hired guns". She's being nice to you when she needs to be in order to make a sale, but how would she react to you if she didn't need to sell you anything?

NewAndImproved

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough to tell. Could go either way. You should have called her out on her flirtatious ways, which also would have helped you gauge interest. For example, the "are you single" question...You could have said "hey, wait a minute! This isn't part of your training manual, is it?" Something to that effect.

I'm trying to learn how to be more active in situations like this instead of passively interacting with girls and then making assumptions after the fact. I had a similar situation w/an airline stewardess and in hindsight, I'm sure she was giving me IOIs.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
NewAndImproved said:
I'm trying to learn how to be more active in situations like this instead of passively interacting with girls and then making assumptions after the fact.
Me too.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yeah, she wrote her name on the back of my receipt with a little heart. Forgot about that.

Igetit!

Reaction score
Hmm.

When I first saw the title of the thread,I immediately thought she was just trying to make a sale. However,when I saw some of the things you said that happened,like her telling you to touch her,asking if you were single,and you giving her a hug,well...it's kind of hard to say. However,I'm going to lean towards saying it was business oriented.

I mean if all you did was walk through the door,and 2 seconds after you arrived there some strange chick just out of the blue is telling you to touch her,hug her,and asking whether you're dating someone or not,and all of this WITHOUT you showing or demonstrating any kind of value to her,yeah,I say sale.

You may have enjoyed the interaction,but it's possible you were the 50th guy that day she did that to.

You said that you plan on going back there to make "second contact".

Uhh,what does that mean? What are you hoping will happen when you see her again?

Edit:She wrote her name with a "heart" on the back of the receipt? Dude,that's significant. Why did you leave that out?

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
It slipped my mind about the heart thing. Oh, and another thing, she gave me a free jar of body cream... lol.

This always happens to me. I can never tell when to pursue or when to accept the interaction wasn't anything special.

What I mean by second contact is I'll go back next Saturday and if she's there, tell her I really like the products and get her number. Or go someplace and chat, get something to eat.

So, the heart and name is significant?

EDIT: One of the jokes she made was "alright get naked and stand in that bowl for me". I was like "...what...?"

TheGameMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldnt even need to ask. if what you say is true, so long as you play it cool (and act like you know she wants you) then you're definately in.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheGameMaster said:
you shouldnt even need to ask. if what you say is true, so long as you play it cool (and act like you know she wants you) then you're definately in.
It does seem obvious but one never knows until they try.

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior, was that stuff you bought called "Onsen"?

theunflushables

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:
No, it wasn't.
There is one of those vendors in the mall here that sells Onsen and they always have hot foreign women trying to lure the men in and they massage the lotion in and flirt with you, etc. Then they make you "special deals" because they "like you". Could be same type of thing.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell would you not attempt a number close?

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
There is one of those vendors in the mall here that sells Onsen and they always have hot foreign women trying to lure the men in and they massage the lotion in and flirt with you, etc. Then they make you "special deals" because they "like you". Could be same type of thing.
Yep, I swear to you that miracle mall cream really works he he. They have these cream and lotion booths worked by hired guns in every mall. I was in the mall here a few months ago and this HB comes up to me very aggressively trying to sell lotions and sh1t. She was asking me if I had a girlfriend and other sh1t, but I saw right through her BS.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey you forgot to write down your number under that."

If she does she's interested, if she doesn't then "have a nice day hon".

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
theunflushables said:
How are these vendors set up? And she didn't approach me.

The products are from Deja Vu cosmetics.

http://www.dejavu-cosmetics.com/default.asp

Is this company similar to the one you're talking about?

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I got a very good deal compared to the prices on that website. If I purchased the products online, I would've paid A LOT more.

thewarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Why the hell would you not attempt a number close?
Percisely the reason why I made this thread... was she a "hired gun" (first time I heard that term) or attracted to me...? I'm not that quick on my feet yet to determine people's motives and be cool/confident in my actions at the same time.

I don't think I did too bad in my interactions with her except for not seeing if she was for real.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thewarrior said:
Percisely the reason why I made this thread... was she a "hired gun" (first time I heard that term) or attracted to me...? I'm not that quick on my feet yet to determine people's motives and be cool/confident in my actions at the same time.

I don't think I did too bad in my interactions with her except for not seeing if she was for real.
Then what's the point of this thread? You went out, did your best, congrats. What happened, or didn't can't be changed. Mark this as a success and move on to something better.