Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was it worth shutting down the economy?

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Empty hospitals are an overcorrection but they are also the point. I prefer them to this:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Empty hospitals are an overcorrection but they are also the point. I prefer them to this:

Again, many vital illnesses and procedures are being put off and ignored for one illness. They continue to be empty in states where models show the peak has already been reached or is close.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, many vital illnesses and procedures are being put off and ignored for one illness. They continue to be empty in states where models show the peak has already been reached or is close.
Nice reference. Twitter. Gosh.

Any evidence that truly-vital cases are being turned away in healthcare systems that are below capacity? From what I read, any under-utilization is due to the postponement of elective and non-critical procedures. Which is prudent in the current circumstances,

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A study of homeless people found 36% infected. Overwhelming majority were asymptomatic. Thought about it. Homeless people aren't obese.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting points

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting points
The comment about BCG vaccination was interesting.
The asymptomatic homeless was a bit of a surprise, since you don't usually associate the homeless with strong immune systems.
There's so much conflicting information and opinions out there, it's hard to know what to think.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The comment about BCG vaccination was interesting.
The asymptomatic homeless was a bit of a surprise, since you don't usually associate the homeless with strong immune systems.
There's so much conflicting information and opinions out there, it's hard to know what to think.
My only conclusion at this point is that severe symptoms from Covid-19 is strongly tied to obesity.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you go to the web site he is citing as a source, the next data point on that chart ticks way up
I agree the virus is a serious threat, but remember deaths are a trailing indicator.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, remember that the death toll is heavily padded, while the infection rate is dramatically under-reported.
Well, some say the death toll is heavily padded, and some say it is underestimated. I suppose it depends to some extent on what you want to believe. But there is absolutely no question that the number of infected must be more than what is confirmed. How much more depends on who you listen to.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The analogy I think is simple. There was a possibility that the ship was sinking, so we just started throwing everything and everybody overboard.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, some say the death toll is heavily padded, and some say it is underestimated. I suppose it depends to some extent on what you want to believe. But there is absolutely no question that the number of infected must be more than what is confirmed. How much more depends on who you listen to.
Given that everyone is going out to get groceries I think it is safe to say there may be a very high number of asymptomatic infected.