Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was it worth shutting down the economy?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know Covid 19 is a serious matter. I understand people are dying, yet I have many thoughts about everyone's reaction and the way this has been handled. So many.

One, I have done some work in hospitals in 2 states on the East Coast. The rooms are empty. Rooms that are usually occupied. Nurses look idle. None look exhausted. We were told hospitals would be overwhelmed nationwide even with a shutdown. They said we don't have enough beds.

My other concern about all these empty departments in the hospitals is quite alarming. Patient care for the thousands of other illnesses has been put on the back burner! Why even now I am wearing contact lenses longer than I should because I can't get an eye exam to renew my prescription. How many have a spot on their skin they would normally get checked at the dermatologist, but can't now. That woman with a lump in her breast. This will have huge ramifications hard to track statistically! Is this an overreaction (to some extent) that will cause more deaths?

Government overreach is another concern. A woman was fined $500 for a leisure drive. She wasn't spreading the virus from her car. A man in California was paddleboarding in the ocean alone. For his safety he was wedged between 2 deputies with no masks and taken to a crowded jail. Pastors are being arrested for holding church services. People are being told not to go to vacation property they own. Dangerous waters are being tread on.

Millions have suddenly become unemployed. Businesses will go under. This will have longterm ramifications for certain!

I do not question the seriousness of Covid 19. I ask whether our reaction has caused more harm than the virus?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
H3ll no..... Wrecking the economy will create millions more homeless folks......

......the "solution" will end up causing more harm than the actual virus.....
In case anyone doubts your claim.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Government overreach is another concern. A woman was fined $500 for a leisure drive. She wasn't spreading the virus from her car. A man in California was paddleboarding in the ocean alone. For his safety he was wedged between 2 deputies with no masks and taken to a crowded jail. Pastors are being arrested for holding church services
Constitutional and religious considerations aside, I can understand the pastor being arrested for holding church services, since he's gathering a bunch of people in one place (didn't say I approve, I said I can understand it). I think the issue with the paddleboarder was that the beach was closed. I'm very disappointed with the country/state/police force for arresting the woman driving, that's just ridiculous. That strikes me as a good way to get out of the house and blow off steam. Back in the day when we were teens, and gas was cheaper, we used to "cruise" around just for fun.

As for the main question, there's definitely harm being done. Just how much harm will probably take years to figure out. And whether or not it will have been worth it? Time might tell us the answer, or we may never know the answer. I would love to see an alternate reality where we treated this just like we did SARS and the swine flu, and find out what that result would look like.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at Sweden. They did not shut down their economy. Their death rate per capita is similar to the U.S.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at Sweden. They did not shut down their economy. Their death rate per capita is similar to the U.S.
Too many variables to compare Sweden to the US. Almost half the deaths in the US are in NY, which has a very dense population. I'm sure the death rate would be higher without the mitigating, it's just a question of how much.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
IMG-20200411-WA0000.jpg

Mortality rate @6.6%, sure looks small and it is small but for a country such as yours with 330 million, that's a staggering amount of potential deaths if everyone gets infected.

Some countries like Singapore and South Korea are doing it differently BUT they have sufficient testing kits, the ability to do contact tracing and isolating the infected, economic activities for most part continues on, does the US or other countries have that ability ? No.

That's why they chose to lockdown parts of a country.

When the wind blows hard, we need to keep to a new balance.

When the house is on fire, it's not time to discuss who gets the privilege to use the bathroom.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I know Covid 19 is a serious matter. I understand people are dying, yet I have many thoughts about everyone's reaction and the way this has been handled. So many.

One, I have done some work in hospitals in 2 states on the East Coast. The rooms are empty. Rooms that are usually occupied. Nurses look idle. None look exhausted. We were told hospitals would be overwhelmed nationwide even with a shutdown. They said we don't have enough beds.

My other concern about all these empty departments in the hospitals is quite alarming. Patient care for the thousands of other illnesses has been put on the back burner! Why even now I am wearing contact lenses longer than I should because I can't get an eye exam to renew my prescription. How many have a spot on their skin they would normally get checked at the dermatologist, but can't now. That woman with a lump in her breast. This will have huge ramifications hard to track statistically! Is this an overreaction (to some extent) that will cause more deaths?

Government overreach is another concern. A woman was fined $500 for a leisure drive. She wasn't spreading the virus from her car. A man in California was paddleboarding in the ocean alone. For his safety he was wedged between 2 deputies with no masks and taken to a crowded jail. Pastors are being arrested for holding church services. People are being told not to go to vacation property they own. Dangerous waters are being tread on.

Millions have suddenly become unemployed. Businesses will go under. This will have longterm ramifications for certain!

I do not question the seriousness of Covid 19. I ask whether our reaction has caused more harm than the virus?
depends on country. id say USA is fugged up regardless if economy closed or not

other countries also slowed down their economies and while it helped to slow the spread, it wont stop it.
all it does is making sure hospitals wont collapse

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A LOT of people are gonna die, even 2-time purple hearts in lieu of this idk what it is..

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really have to wonder about the deductive reasoning ability of the guys on here who were fear mongering about a massive death toll.....

....would it have hit 2 million deaths? It's certainly possible....

....but shutting down the economy would lead to 10s of millions more homeless folks....homelessness is essentially a slow painful death sentence.....

....nevermind homeless also leads to the spread of more diseases.....just look at sh!thole San Francisco....

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The governments are retarded right-wing governments. Any economic crash will just create a better equitable left-wing government where everybody has a home and wealth is more evenly distributed. Leaders like FDR tend to florish rather than the ring-wing morons destroying the planet and having sadistic policies that favour the rich and screw everyone else. Society is too rotten before covid, now it should be better off afterwards.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The governments are retarded right-wing governments. Any economic crash will just create a better equitable left-wing government where everybody has a home and wealth is more evenly distributed. Leaders like FDR tend to florish rather than the ring-wing morons destroying the planet and having sadistic policies that favour the rich and screw everyone else. Society is too rotten before covid, now it should be better off afterwards.
You're absolutely welcome and encouraged to work hard, provide a service or product that society needs, and build your own wealth.....

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're absolutely welcome and encouraged to work hard, provide a service or product that society needs, and build your own wealth.....
You are deflecting from the argument. Wealth is not built, it's stolen from other people, it's just more acceptable if it's stolen from poorer people and given to the rich. If its the other way around then its a hand-out and wrong. Most inventors end up broke while powerful rich men steal and patent their inventions. You can work hard and barely get by, like the many essential workers risking their lives because of the virus, or have a nice white-collar job and make allot of money but aren't really doing anything for society.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think their reasoning is that "whatever is bad for the country is bad for the President" they have...except that whatever is bad for the country is BAD FOR THE COUNTRY!!!
And that's why I find certain individuals of the left-leaning persuasion to be disingenuous clowns....

....they couldn't care less about the effects of crashing the economy or exacerbating the homeless crisis as long as it feeds the narrative of "Orangeman Bad"....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a great example of the disingenuousness of left-leaning individuals, Bill Maher hopes for an economic recession to further the narrative of Orangeman Bad....

Does he give a fvck if people are homeless? Nope....just as long as it hurts the Prez....

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trump says the economy will be back, and better than ever.

I say, he's clearly overconfident. And, trying to sell us unicorn poop. Yummy:

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. Covid is just a distraction of something bigger. It's so obvious there is something else going on they aren't telling us. I've seen countless videos from all over the country of 1000's of military equipment like Tanks and Humvee's being shipped on trains since this thing started.

My intuition has been telling me we might be under attack as POTUS keeps saying "invisible enemy". The new world order is becoming clearer by the day with all the moles in the White House, Gates pushing his Vaccine, China which we know wants to rule the world, Dr. Vauci & Brix which are obviously swamp rats. We also know the DS is notorious for carrying out mass shootings in order to eventually take our guns. Whatever you want to believe is on you.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are deflecting from the argument. Wealth is not built, it's stolen from other people, it's just more acceptable if it's stolen from poorer people and given to the rich. If its the other way around then its a hand-out and wrong. Most inventors end up broke while powerful rich men steal and patent their inventions. You can work hard and barely get by, like the many essential workers risking their lives because of the virus, or have a nice white-collar job and make allot of money but aren't really doing anything for society.
Wealth and prosperity is built by providing a service or product that society needs. It's not owed to anyone and noone is entitled to it for just simply existing.....

A famous quote that explains how wealth is built at its most basic core: "The true value of something is how much someone is willing to pay for it."