This is sort of a spin-off from the "Player got Played" thread because it got me thinking about this:
I've spent a lot of time with uncles and other older family members throughout my life. In conversations with my uncles, who are mostly 55 and up, recall how they got their wives was by chasing them and chasing them until they finally got them. Doing things that today would be considered way to AFC for the modern man. The way they make it sound, all you had to do was show some interest in a girl or complement her dress or say something like "Gee, Suzie, you sure got some pretty eyes, you wanna go over to Wally's Ice Cream shop and share a banana split?" and she was yours to keep. I just don't know.
Any of you ever had discusions with old guys who lived in different times? I'd like to know if this really was the case and hoe AFC became so taboo. Its funny when I'm talking to them and a hot girl will walk by and they tell to go up to her and tell she has nice hair. I'm like "Yeah right! She'll laugh in my face."
I've spent a lot of time with uncles and other older family members throughout my life. In conversations with my uncles, who are mostly 55 and up, recall how they got their wives was by chasing them and chasing them until they finally got them. Doing things that today would be considered way to AFC for the modern man. The way they make it sound, all you had to do was show some interest in a girl or complement her dress or say something like "Gee, Suzie, you sure got some pretty eyes, you wanna go over to Wally's Ice Cream shop and share a banana split?" and she was yours to keep. I just don't know.
Any of you ever had discusions with old guys who lived in different times? I'd like to know if this really was the case and hoe AFC became so taboo. Its funny when I'm talking to them and a hot girl will walk by and they tell to go up to her and tell she has nice hair. I'm like "Yeah right! She'll laugh in my face."