Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wardrobe thread

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://www.dropbox.com/s/57yjuv3lsz2ina4/0825181217.jpg?dl=0

So these shoes are gonna turn it around for me? I can see it now...

Me and my Vans, J Crew Bermuda shorts, and Peter Millar golf shirt. I'll look like a regular skater/golfer guy despite having never done either of those things.

I really think I should go more for the sophisticated businesswear.
Well you gotta wear something on the weekends, lol. Those shoes are miles better than running shoes.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well you gotta wear something on the weekends, lol. Those shoes are miles better than running shoes.
In fact. Try this...Those shoes, khaki J Crew type Bermuda shorts and a heather gray Hanes V neck t shirt. Instant relaxed style :)

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In regards to running shoes and trainers, it's all about knowing how fashion works and what you can pull off, then you can start pushing boundaries and developing your own style. The people talking and blogging about what's in and what's out are normally speaking from the perspective of the outside looking in. As much as they would like to think they know what they are talking about, the majority are in no way trendsetters and regurgitating what they've heard somewhere else. The Nike Air Max is an iconic shoe for a reason. The Reebok Classic, Adidas Superstar, Air Force 1, etc have been around for decades for a reason and its definitely not because they are great trainers. The key with trainers are staying away from wider leg openings, as well as the proper inseam lengths and knowing what's appropriate for the occasion. The more tapered the leg of the jean, the better they work. Moto's, slims, some straight legs, that dont excessively stack or bunch up at the ankle, etc. When building your wardrobe, buy things that are versatile and that you know you can throw on any day of the week and look good, then start experimenting with edgier looks.

Reaction score
In regards to running shoes and trainers, it's all about knowing how fashion works and what you can pull off, then you can start pushing boundaries and developing your own style. The people talking and blogging about what's in and what's out are normally speaking from the perspective of the outside looking in. As much as they would like to think they know what they are talking about, the majority are in no way trendsetters and regurgitating what they've heard somewhere else. The Nike Air Max is an iconic shoe for a reason. The Reebok Classic, Adidas Superstar, Air Force 1, etc have been around for decades for a reason and its definitely not because they are great trainers. The key with trainers are staying away from wider leg openings, as well as the proper inseam lengths and knowing what's appropriate for the occasion. The more tapered the leg of the jean, the better they work. Moto's, slims, some straight legs, that dont excessively stack or bunch up at the ankle, etc. When building your wardrobe, buy things that are versatile and that you know you can throw on any day of the week and look good, then start experimenting with edgier looks.
Either way, after reading this thread, I'll never wear running shoes unless I'm running (which is never). And I'll never wear cargo shorts to go out. I had no idea these showed off such bad taste.

I've been wearing cargo shorts every day for months. Most of them have paint on them because I forget to differentiate them from work clothes. Time to improve.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Either way, after reading this thread, I'll never wear running shoes unless I'm running (which is never). And I'll never wear cargo shorts to go out. I had no idea these showed off such bad taste.

I've been wearing cargo shorts every day for months. Most of them have paint on them because I forget to differentiate them from work clothes. Time to improve.
I was a painter for a little over 20 years, so i know what you mean. Give it 10 years and cargos will be as popular as they ever were. As for running shoes, they work because they are sleek, but they are not the only choices to fit the bill. The vans work. Chucks work. DC Villains work. As much as i hate to say it, fashion is dictated by younger generations. It just gets more conservative, the older one gets, unless you just cave and start wearing dad jeans. Take the skinny jean for example. As gay as i think they are, they've been around forever, but the most recent trend started with tweens and teens and while men wearing skinny jeans have kind of died down a little, slim leg, tapered leg still dominate the market. Its also the same reason ppl say cargos are out.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read somewhere that cargo shorts are coming back in style. Sneakers are fine for sports and hanging around with your friends at the park or something. When you're out and about, and you want to look good, prob. not. Macklemore is right about trends coming back in style. I also read some where that a lot of the 80's styles are coming back too.

I never understood men wearing skinny jeans. Guess they have a small member or something.

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I read somewhere that cargo shorts are coming back in style. Sneakers are fine for sports and hanging around with your friends at the park or something. When you're out and about, and you want to look good, prob. not. Macklemore is right about trends coming back in style. I also read some where that a lot of the 80's styles are coming back too.

I never understood men wearing skinny jeans. Guess they have a small member or something.
Yea, trends come and go and come again. You can see the 80's in the acid wash and distressed and ripped jeans and was wondering how far it was going to go, because the 80's were really crazy and ran across these the other day...
https://pitvipersunglasses.com/products/the-1993-polarized-double-wide

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's fashion. So people do what's in. Also some do it to sport an obvious buldge.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these the right kind of socks to wear with these?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk1smm5s7h4wwop/0825182223.jpg?dl=0
Yup. Now if you got a pair of brogues get outrageous socks to wear with them. Socks with casual dress shoes (like brogues) are a fun place to show some panache and some flash. And yes, women will notice. My son has a great pair of light maple colored brogues he wears for going out to dinner or to nicer events...and he has a pair of Robert Graham Union Jack socks. Those socks are gangsta. I wear fun colorful socks when I wear my brogues too. I have a Dr. Suess looking striped pair, a pair that has turquoise & pink polka dots on a navy background, a loud morrocan pattern in bright colors and a Robert Graham pair with colorful surfboards on a navy field. In the same way a cool tie allows a man to show off his personal panache with a business suit, socks do the same for a casual look when you are wearing brogues and pants/jeans. Don't wear crazy socks with shorts. You'll look too Rodney Dangerfield, and as much as I love Rodney Dangerfield (God rest his soul) he was outrageous and too loud from a style perspective - at least in his movies.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No dude, no. Lol! If you took anything from the Miami Vice post, go sockless or no show, at least. :lol:
Going sockless can really make you look a lot fresher, especially with boat shoes and dressy shoes

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stinky shoes are no good. If no show are the thing, go no show. Some men (my son as an example) have extremely sweaty feet and really must wear socks. His shoes reek if he goes without socks. So much so that I banish his shoes outside at times. And then treat his feet with cinnamon and baking soda to keep athlete's foot at bay.