Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Want Some Cool Eyeglasses

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought my last eyeglasses at WalMart, and they're okay but I'm looking for something better image-wise for eyeglasses. I'll probably get some RayBans with lenses that shade while outside, and I'm also interested in 70s style aviator glasses with some tint on the lenses. Any other suggestions, and where's the best place to order these online, or is there any national chain that caters to people who want to try out a few different options ordered from a catalog before deciding on one of them?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get contacts .. They are the coolest glasses by far

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
Get contacts .. They are the coolest glasses by far
I used to wear contacts when I was your age, but they'd make my eyes bloodshot so everyone thought I was on dope, and I had to scrape them off my eyes every night. Nothing cool about that.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To really get a sense of what glasses are for you I think you need to pick the best ones that go with your face and your style.

I usually rock wayfarers like this.

http://eyeglasses.go-optic.com/store/eyeglasses/details.asp?id=21251

A gay guy picked out those type of frames a long time ago for me and I've rocked them since. I feel you on the contact lenses too. I can't wear them much because I'm blind in one eye and i like having glasses on to protect the eye but in the rare times I do they bother my eye so much I'm blinking all the time. And as much as it sucks putting them on...taking them off is even worse!

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FoolsCause said:
I used to wear contacts when I was your age, but they'd make my eyes bloodshot so everyone thought I was on dope, and I had to scrape them off my eyes every night. Nothing cool about that.
Try some better ones. Just like some pairs of pants won't fit you, some contacts won't fit your eyes. You can choose between different brands, different models from the same brand and different sizes of the same model.

A good optician/shop will let you try many of them at no charge. I' ve burned through 3 or 4 pairs before settling on something that was comfortable, all at no cost. This was happening last summer. Today I went in the same shop and said that I want some 1 day disposables and left with a free pair to try them out. THAT kind of an optician you should be looking for. Needless to say, I always buy from the same place.

The solution that you use is also very important. I've used one which was highly regarded, but it produced me discomfort throughout the day. The one that I use now is perfect even for extended wear (2 days in a row).
Or you can go for one-day lenses and skip the solution altogether. In the long term these lenses are not much more expensive than the ones for longer use (if you also count the cost of the solution) and have the advantage of no maintenance* - major selling point; contact wearers know why.

*plus they say that they are safer and healthier. Regarding the safety of the other types of lenses, I think that all decent ones are safe if you use them responsibly.

Really go for contacts!
I can't overstate how cool a full field of vision is. It's like an epiphany. :D Also, the image is much more crisp and clearer, you can focus better and so on.
And most importantly: you'll probably look more handsome! :)

But do get some nice looking glasses, as well. You know, for the days when you can't/don't want to wear the contacts.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
ChalengeGuyFan said:
Try some better ones. Just like some pairs of pants won't fit you, some contacts won't fit your eyes. You can choose between different brands, different models from the same brand and different sizes of the same model.
Really go for contacts!
I can't overstate how cool a full field of vision is. It's like an epiphany. :D Also, the image is much more crisp and clearer, you can focus better and so on.
And most importantly: you'll probably look more handsome! :)

But do get some nice looking glasses, as well. You know, for the days when you can't/don't want to wear the contacts.
I wore contact lenses for many years, and finally gave up on them after trying everything. They literally do glue onto my eyes, and an optician recommended that I avoid them due to the damage caused to my eyes. Plus I don't like ending the day with a hassle which removal of contacts is for me. I always have to contort my face to get them in or out, and the repeated contortion isn't probably too good for my looks and it's a hassle.

Anyway, I'm looking for the cheapest option for getting quality eyeglasses online or at a national chain. They're really expensive nowadays.

Also, I'm wondering whether getting Raybans with a transition lenses (turning into sunglasses outdoors) would look bad while indoors/unshaded.

FoolsCause

Don Juan
Reaction score
FairShake said:
To really get a sense of what glasses are for you I think you need to pick the best ones that go with your face and your style.
What optical company, online or national, could I do this without paying extra for trying several frames chosen from their inventory? I know of a place in the big city that let me do this without charge, but I no longer live there.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just about any eyeglass store will let you try on frames in the store. Bring a friend and look in the mirror. If you have a good relationship with your eye doctor and they have inventory in the office they might even let you use the frames for a limited amount of time to see what works. It's the lenses that cost afterall.

LainiG

Reaction score
Do you mean aviator Rx sunglasses? Zenni Optical offers many aviator glasses, and most of the lenses can be tinted. If your Rx is not very complicated, they will be a great choice. But accurate Rx, PD and frame size are very important for us to buy glasses online.