Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Walking Away

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been separated from my wife for 5 months,and believe me, once I let go, it was a good for me. I'll never let a woman walk all over me again. If I know I'm right, I will not change for her approval. She can apologize to me. If she doesn't, it wasn't meant to be. If I'm wrong, I will apologize without groveling. If she accepts it, we move forward. If she doesn't, it wasn't meant to be.

About the time my wife decided to leave, I started seeing this girl at work (I know - bad idea). She had a boyfriend of 4 years, but she was giving me oral in the stairwell, sex anywhere I wanted it, and whatever else. She only did it when it was convenient. Only when it was easy to hide. She filled my head up with future plans and made me believe that she was going to leave him once the year was over because he was going through a tough time. Well, the new year came, and she just got back from a 2 week vacation. She would not make plans to spend time with me. When I showed any resistance, she'd get mad at me and tell me that nothing she ever did was enough. Then she broke things off with me, but still wanted to be my friend.

To me being a friend isn't a good idea. She gets to have me around while she gets over me while I still have some feelings. So, I've cut her off completely. She calls my desk occasionally, but I always ignore her calls. I haven't contacted her since Monday. Yesterday she saw me in the hall and asked how I was doing. I said ok and turned around. She immediately walked down the hall to me and started rubbing my hair and asking about my haircut. I told her not to do that (with a smile of course) and stepped onto the elevator. Later that day I answered her phone call on my desk phone by mistake. She said a snide remark and then asked me to do something for her. I told her I'd see what I could do and hung up. Then I never did the favor.

I haven't talked to her or initiated any conversation. For some reason, even though she's bad news for me, I'm still dwelling on it. Wondering if she'd come back. Am I doing the right thing here?

Mr. Wise

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, you're doing the right thing by letting go. She's still contacting you but once they say the "let's be friends" thing, the ball should always be in her court. Meanwhile, you're going to act as if life couldn't be better whilst being friendly upfront. Remember these 2 lines: NEVER LET THEM SEE YOU SWEAT. DON'T CHASE HER, LET HER CHASE YOU.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
1. As Tony Soprano said... "Don't sh*t where you eat." aka Don't mix business with pleasure.

2. If they will cheat WITH you, they will cheat ON you.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crap! Well, she called me, and I answered. I said something funny and she started laughing. Then I said something else, and she laughed at that, too. Then I asked her to see me for a minute. So, she walks up, hugs me, and starts kissing me. Well, I didn't resist. We kept making out and cutting up for a good 15 minutes then we decided to go back to work. I didn't say one thing about us. I didn't say anything that would be AFC, but I still feel like I made a mistake.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I texted her last night, and she totally ignored it. All it said was for her to have a good time at the event she was going to, but if she had a high interest level, she would have texted back.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she didn't reply to my text message at all over the weekend. She called me this morning to talk. When I got off the phone, I just sat there flabbergasted. I was just not able to understand why she called first thing.

So, I called her back and told her that I needed to talk to her. She wouldn't and wanted to hear it over the phone. I told her since she didn't have enough respect for me that I would go ahead and tell her over the phone.

I gave her the "I like you, I can't be your friend, please don't contact me" speech. I told her that I was doing this so I could heal and move on. When I was done, I asked her if she was OK with it. She said she guessed. I asked again, and she said okay and bye. It didn't even seem to phase her. I said bye, too, and hung up.

Now all I have to do is heal and move on. This was not a shock tactic. This was for me. I can't like any other woman at any other capacity because I'm so hung up on her.

Last edited:

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any thoughts? I see this girl everyday, and I'm not sure I can be so tough minded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
tick37 said:
So, she walks up, hugs me, and starts kissing me. Well, I didn't resist. We kept making out and cutting up for a good 15 minutes then we decided to go back to work.
Once you gave her the validation, she took back the power. Its a classic move, suck you back in one more time, so that way she can control you as another branch that she keeps around for backup.

Just walk away, don't get sucked back in again. Be glad she's making it easy to walk away cuz in a couple days, she'll be looking for your validation again.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Once you gave her the validation, she took back the power. Its a classic move, suck you back in one more time, so that way she can control you as another branch that she keeps around for backup.

Just walk away, don't get sucked back in again. Be glad she's making it easy to walk away cuz in a couple days, she'll be looking for your validation again.
How is she making it easy?

Nikos75

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how she's making it easy

When she's dodging your calls,

When she doesn't want to contact you during the weekend, which she has probably spent with her BF

When she's not making another move in the office -remember that you've been f**king each other-

When she's not calling or texting you

She gives you all the SPACE you need.

This space can be very well filled by another woman, preferably not one you're working with.

But she may be hoping that her action to give you space will have the rubber-band effect on you: She's pulling away whilst expecting you to be pulled close to her again. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRAP. Get another woman.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you're absolutely doing the right thing here.

Everything you have done with the new chick has been spot on behaviour for what a DJ is supposed to do when some chick is no longer giving you what you want out of her.

That friendship crap is just false anyway and a chick's way of using you as an emotional tampon or their idea that if they play friends with you then they won't be hated. Its lame, its fake and you're a real man for not accepting that sh!t.

Bravo.

Er well accept the making out part that I just read anyway.

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, the next day after I gave her the "no contact" speech, she called me as soon as she got to work. She wanted to tell me that she got her DVDs from my desk. I said ok and got off the phone. We haven't talked since. When we saw each other in the halls we would make eye contact (which felt awkward, but intense), but it's getting to where we don't even make eye contact anymore. Oh, well. Things will get better with time.

Last edited:

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, I agree, but I don't know where to start. I don't know what to change. They leave me because of my attitude. Not because of my looks, style, or money (I have those), but they get tired of my attitude.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Tick,

Think about how GOOD you felt after you left your wife. Think about your positive attitude. Now think about this new women and how your trying to chase her and where is it getting you, to a place full of headaches & heartaches.

Now do what worked for you in scenario 1 with the wife and apply it to headache #2 oops I mean scenario 2. Next this girl in your mind, cut off contact. I know you work with her and can't completely ignore her but that should be all the more reason to move on.

It can ONLY get worse if you don't nip it in the butt.

rea001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it's been about 3 weeks, and we haven't talked or had any contact. Last week I saw her peeking over the cubicle to see who was talking in my area. Then Friday she sent me an email to help with some task. I took care of it later that day and replied telling her it was done. Then I got a support call that was for her, and our phone numbers aren't remotely the same.

Today she sent another email to help with another task. I feel like she's testing me.

rea001

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, what do you think?

I've really been tempted to talk to her.

rea001

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, we haven't talked at all in weeks, but I see her looking at me and we always seem to have eye contact.

I sent her an email this morning with a link to a song that I thought she'd like. See she lives in Louisiana, but is from California, and she always talked about home. The song is about some girl that lives in Louisiana, and he wants to take her to California.

She absolutely loved it. She emailed me back telling me that it was a great song. Then 10 minutes later she called. I could tell she was so excited to talk to me. I told her that today was kind of a boring day at work, and she asked me to go to Starbucks. I just laughed it off as if it were a joke. She asked how I was, and I gave her very little information. Then I told her I had to get off the phone to go eat. I could tell that she was missing me. She sounded so happy to talk to me.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
haha you got sucked back in. What happened to the No Contact?

Tell me what are you hoping to accomplish?

ps how come you created a new account?

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used the wrong account. lol

I have no idea. I know we'd fvck again, but I just don't know.

We just made out in the stairwell. It's been 4 weeks since we've even talked to each other.