Wake-Up Call

Ojete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah fingz, very very nice post.

i've also found that when i'm out there changing my life and enjoying it i have more external success than just reading and discussing 'how i should enjoy it'.

Take action!!!

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately, I've found myself agreeing with what Senor Fingz said in this post more than I thought I would.

When I look back on what has helped me the most, it's been inner game..

Pook
Senor Fingers
David D...

The MINDSETS that these guys present were truly life-changing to me. And perhaps what had a bigger impact on me than the outer-game that Fingz talked about was the mindset stuff-- laughing for no reason when you wake up ... dancing before hopping into the shower... getting ALL-ITUS and becoming genuinely interested in everyone.

I know I'm starting to sound a little Dale Carnegie-ish here, but damn, I think this kind of sh!t (inner game) constitutes about 85-90% of success. That and having goals and working out/caring about yourself-- AND the scarcity principle of not being available all the time.

When guys go to ASF with weak inner game, it's like handing an M16 to a civilian. Sure, they might kill SOMETHING, but a lot of it's gonna be based on luck.

Then you got your Green Beret & Special Forces guys who can kill men with the BARE HANDS with a karate chop or a neck snap. That's inner game to me. With inner game, you can get the job done without the fancy weaponry (tactics).

I know, I know, seduction is a dance, not a battle :p

/me puts on cologne, spikes hair, pops a breathmint, and takes his knife

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you read mysterys archive you'll see that he analyses everything. He only gets better and better. The more fine tune things the nicer girls I get.

Learn it, perfect it, then learn some more!

NINJA PIMP

Banned
Reaction score
This post is spot on!

Originally posted by S0LID
If you read mysterys archive you'll see that he analyses everything. He only gets better and better.
if you took the time to read some of Mystery's recent posts, you would see that he is not the PUA god everyone thinks. He recently caught one-itis over some Russian chick and ended up dissing his friends at Project Hollywood for her. She ended up sleeping with one of the other MM guys (i think it was Herbal) and even posted a bunch of whiny crap on ASF about the drama he was experiencing, only to be flamed by everyone. Even the moderators chewed him out for being a chump.

He is still one of the best PUAs out there, but Mystery still has a lot to learn and would probably benefit from a hiatus of analysis... I know I certainly did.

Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like digging this post out of the graveyard, because I am now in total agreement with what Senor Fingers is saying. This conclusion wasn't easy for me to arrive at as I basically had to let a part of my ego die-- the part that took pride in being superior to other men because of my knowledge about women and social interaction.

Over the past 3 weeks or so, I have been reading Pook's blog and he has been awakening me to some fundamental life questions.

Everyone is trying to get you to be a certain way. From all sides, people and forces are tugging at you to be more like how they want you to be. Marketers brand 'cool' onto anything that's profitable and 'nerdy' onto anything that isn't. We don't even question this. As a society, we don't even stop to question HOW staying in and reading came to be seen as nerdy whereas going to a trendy club to buy drinks came to be cool. It's just assumed that it's how it's always been. To actually stop and zoom out and realize that major conceptions you hold may have been formed by other people for their own benefit is truly breathtaking.

Whenever I initially argued the opposing viewpoint in this thread, I valued women above all. It was hard for me to see. After so many years of rotely repeating "I am the prize" and being taught the pickup dogma that supplication is what AFC's do, I could never fathom myself being of the same psychology of the very men I raged against.

But, like the AFC, women were the center of my reality.

I frequented sites like these to learn the latest greatest "frame-control techniques", how to be seen as having "higher value", what cologne women responded to the most. The common denominator was that I wanted women to think highly of me, because I wanted sex from them. Sound familiar?

Tell me, gentlemen, who is more pathetic? The man who spends a week's paycheque on a woman's expensive dinner? Or the man who spends a week sitting at his house in front of a computer, memorizing stories that intrigue women that he, personally, doesn't find the least bit interesting or amusing?

When I argued with Senor Fingers in this thread, I was trapped in the mindset of, "What will get me the most women?". This was the golden cow to me and if something didn't have the possibility of getting me women, I discarded it. What I didn't see at the time and what many of my PUA friends don't see now is that there is more to life than women.

What is more important? Living your life for YOURSELF and being WHO YOU ARE? Or living your life to get women and denying who you are if that's what it comes to?

Living life for yourself IS attractive, but guys get the wrong idea if they start trying to live life for themselves BECAUSE it is attractive to women. Do you see the contradiction here? Living your life for yourself is the ENDS, not the means. It IS the gratification. When women are attracted to that, it is a side bonus.

These things were hard for me to come to terms with. It was gradual and it took me nights of contemplation.

Could it have been that there was a REASON that I felt like sh!t when I practiced "PUA game" and that my feeling of phoniness was legitimate? I wasn't just creating "limiting beliefs" for myself? My gut instincts were trying to help me?

When my mom told me years ago to "just be myself," it clearly didn't work. "Who I was" was a little boy afraid of his masculinity, afraid of his sexuality, ashamed of having never been intimate with a girl.

That was who I was on that moment, but that wasn't who I was at a core level. After I found sosuave and began peeling off layers of social conditioning and falsehoods, I began to rediscover who I really was. When I covered up my sexuality and wrote girls poetry, I was not being who I was. I was being who I thought they wanted me to be, just like when I was "PUA gaming" them I was being who I thought they wanted me to be. When I first found the other big seduction website, my gut instinct was that it was ADVANCED SUPPLICATION. Nevertheless, I was impressed by the complexity and depth of what I saw, so I delved further. What I noticed over time was that my brainiac game conditioned me to be hyperanalytical and critical of everything. Over time, my game slowly devolved. Through this DJ board, I learned to value myself, and girls started rolling in one by one. In the midst of my very first relationship, I found the PUA board, and my relationship slowly fell apart and girls eluded my grasp, even though I was putting myself in their presence night after night. The reason for this is that slowly, and without my full knowing, girls became the center of my reality again.

All the work I'd done at the DJ board got scrapped in favor of what I believed to be more effective, advanced technology.

Now, don't read me wrong. I am NOT condemning the PUA board or blaming them for my de-evolution. I take full responsibility for allowing my passions and true self to fall by the wayside while I tried to become the paragon of PUA dogma. In fact, some of the biggest PUAs over there warn their followers to "Let the Venusian Arts enrich your life, not define it." I learned lots helpful concepts over there. But letting the pickup arts define your life is very seductive, and I was taken in by it.

Of course, the problem with this is that YOU cease to be the prize. Women become the prize again, and no matter how much you tell yourself that YOU are the prize, your mind doesn't believe you. If YOU were the prize, wouldn't you be working on ways to develop YOURSELF instead of on attaining a woman?

The techniques are great if you have strong positive beliefs about yourself, you're happy with or without a woman, and you're so overflowing with good things that you can't help but SHARE with the people you interact with. Then, you have the power to allow these techs to showcase who you are, even though by that time, you don't even need half of them because you're automatically behaving in an attractive way. But, IMO, the techs/tactics are very detrimental if you have strong negative beliefs about yourself, you're unhappy if women don't validate you, and you're so bereft of positive energy that you can't help but TAKE from the people you interact with. Then, all that's left is to HIDE BEHIND the techniques and let them REPLACE who you are since you don't value yourself. In this state of mind, going out and trying to "technique" girls into giving you sex propels you into a downward spiral of weirdness and negativity. Don't believe me? Look around the PUA boards. Some of them have been in the game for YEARS and hop from seminar to seminar, never getting laid and never achieving any fulfillment. And these guys are the RULE, not the exception.

So take everything you hear with a grain of salt, apply your common sense, ask yourself if you care more about getting laid than you do about the rest of your life.

Also, can I plug Pook's blog? It's http://www.dapook.blogspot.com/

But I'm sure many of you know that already.

Cheers,
Duke

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bushido

You were born a strong man but you were not trained to be better. You had your fights with not so good opponents and sometimes you won and sometimes not. You were neither pvssy nor warrior with no fear. You wanted to be a warrior.
You have learned the basic skills....how to throw a punch and and how to avoid one. And you became confident more and you were learning more of attacks and counter attacks. You were eager to fight and you fought with many enemis. But the most important thing you ve learned was you cant fight without clear mind and you also found out you dont need difficult techniques.....simple punch and block is enough for most opponents....at least you dont look weird trying some Crazy Monkey Style.
Now you know that you can win a fight without fighting.....you are so sure of yourself that you scare your enemies away....your calm frightens them. And now you know you dont need any complicate techniques and you dont need to fight to prove yourself. But you should remeber that the things you ve learned are in your blood now. You can throw a simple but lethal punch because of the trainning you ve been through. And you should learn the complicated techniques just in case. Its better to know it and dont use it than other way round.

Enough of that lame bushido shyte :)))

Most important things I have learned or I already knew but proved to be OK:

Dont worry to appear strong - smack down their tests
Making fun of her is OK - trying to be average, romance seeking and providing Joe is not
Less talk, more action
Being the gentleman....the most important thing you learn is when to stop being one.

Blusher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What I noticed over time was that my brainiac game conditioned me to be hyperanalytical and critical of everything. Over time, my game slowly devolved. Through this DJ board, I learned to value myself, and girls started rolling in one by one.
Fake it until you make it.

lildevil

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thumbs up for senor fingers.........

Finally someone sees it like i do.For a minute i thought i had all wrong about how people fall in love.theres not really much to say but that we fall in love because our subconsciuos mind decides that its alright.which would be the reason why when we leave home after meeting girl all we do is remember all the things that happened.I dont want to offend anyone but since i have come to live to the united states ive seen that many guys dont even know the principles of seduction and all the time what they try to do is to try to put on a fake show and trying to be this magnificent and perfect person and most of the time they come out as jerks or *******s.Believe me if god didnt want you to make mistakes he wouldnt have invented pencils with erasers."No wonder the old guys are taking the hot young chicks what a shame."

All that it takes to get a girl is pure ballssssss and slightly better person than you are. look guys,girls like guys who are real you cant be real if you are putting a fake show.If you are real you can find out more things you have in common and have a million things to talk about.Okay i dont want to offend some of the old pimps,players,whatever you want to call them but remember this guys are trying to sell their books and sometimes they tell us to be ****y and funny and give us the wrong ideas and still make us look bad but people like senor fingers are telling us the truth .Look im neither funny or ****y but i can tell you i can make a girl laugh without even trying i could kiss a girl without even asking and i can make a girl melt just by putting a great big smile on my face.

I always treat every girl the same because what counts for me is how they are on the inside and dont get me wrong i still like the other things.Its not to show off or anything but so sosuave has helped me a little bit all the other things. :up:

Quote: Love is like playing piano,first you have to learn how to play by the rules and then you got to forget the rules and play from your heart.

DanelMadr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lildevil said:
if god didnt want you to make mistakes he wouldnt have invented pencils with erasers."

All that it takes to get a girl is pure ballssssss and slightly better person than you are.

Quote: Love is like playing piano,first you have to learn how to play by the rules and then you got to forget the rules and play from your heart.
Nice one.
Trouble is with the ballsssssssss. No fights at school, no wars, no regular army duty, no lions to hunt....when can young man grow his balls these days? If you are "lucky" you get to a couple of fights with underworld figures and live....like me. I was enlighted when one of five gangsters surrounding me, told me....'Are you some James Bond or what?" when my calm and confident(i was shytting my pants) stature misled them. :woo: (You can be kung fu master but you still will be grinded in fight of 1 vs 5) Then I knew Im good and they were the ones shytting their panties. Dont try this at home, kids.

Last hurdle of confidence is sucessful dating and this site can prove to you that your gut is right... opposite to what mainstream is telling you. But to be honest....most of dating books is just about acting. Only 10% is very useful...you say Hmmmm thats RIGHT I didnt know that. But then...
lildevil said:
Love is like playing piano,first you have to learn how to play by the rules and then you got to forget the rules and play from your heart.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post exposes why my AFC friends are getting tail! (Food for thought)

Well, I need a break :p

2Cool

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post!

As with all learning situations the student has progressed to a level that the teacher is no longer necessary, and the student can now enter life with all the tools and experiences he needs.

This should be the path for us all. Listen, Read, learn, grow, teach, and leave. Thus we make room for the next generation of Don's.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen this pattern with myself. You come here knowing nothing, read a ton of stuff, learn all the material, struggle with it, get pretty good with it, then hit a block in the road, take a break (bear with me, there's still more), come back, realize it wasn't the techniques at all, then you go back the way you were before and be yourself with the ladies and eveything else.

I did all that just to get back to where I was before I started? Some would say that's nuts. I wouldn't have it any other way though. My journey was worth everything I went through.

thecraftylefty
Of course, the difference is that when you arrive "back to where you started," those lessons picked up on the journey have at last been internalized, and you're on "automatic".