Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Volvo or Cadillac

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am the fortunate owner of two automobiles. 97' Cadillac STS and 1980 Volvo 245 Station Wagon :)rockon: ) heh...

I really dig my wagon and its lovely little space for nookie (in duh back).

The Cadillac has class and status (for those who look at it like that).

What car would you pick up a woman in?

Just curious of your opinion.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterNigma said:
Hands down the Caddilac.

Agreed.

...and I'm a fan of some volvo's... but 1980?! lol... trippin.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
YEAH i finally got the ***** turbo charged!!

The Volvo 245 wagon used to have the standard B21F with 107 hp and 113fp torque of 8 valve power. But now, she has a B21FT!!

What is that you wonder? Well, let me explain.

The regular, normally aspirated B21F has just enough power as your average Honda, just a few less. Nothing special especially since the B21F is an 8 valve 4-cylinder motor.

The B21FT is the same motor with a different compression and forged piston heads. With the addition of a Garett T3 40/43 trim turbo and a nice size intercooler, she can give you about 165hp.

That is only the stock car form. I had the entire motor and head rebuilt. I had the mechanics add a new cam also. High intake and exhaust lift for that extra air and power.

Guessitment: 190-210 hp and maybe 215-230 fp of torque.

Heh set behind a 5-speed!

She runs now, after 2 1/2 procrastinated years. Heh.

Stills needs some tuning, and I need to get the signals and brake lights to work. Bolt in the seats and go. I did an entire interior swap too; the wiring harness, door panels, seats and dash board were all replaced.

I am going to set it at stock 7-9 psi for now, but once she is tuned to precision, I'll raise the boost to about 12.5 psi. If I want any more boost after that, I need to switch to a newer fuel system. Electronic Fuel Injection in the late 70s and 80s isn't all that modern obviously, so the performance potential for the stock turbo charged motor is limited. I'm going to leave it at that.

yeah so what...it ain't fast..

but...its a lot better than before!!

Last edited:

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol i'm in the same boat as you I have and love my 87 buick Grand National. Girls don't love it, or really like it, but when they ride in it and see how fast it is they are like wow. I run about 19psi of boost, it runs high 12s (stock settings). You should look into an intercooler, lowers knock and the chance of detonation. I wouldn't run 12 psi on that thing with out an intercooler, you will definatly blow a head gasket. check this site out, i used to be into volvos. actually I might still get one, www.jagsthatrun.com

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women will always like the Cadillac better. Girls are pretty dumb about cars.

I don't see the point in trying to make a station wagon fast. It would hold a helluva stereo system, though...

Just get a motorcycle if you want to go fast. Girls do like those....

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me throw something out here for you. Do you want a girl thats into you or your car?? Cause if thats the case. The women will only be into materialism and thats not the girl you want.

But, for the opion. I'd go with the Caddy.

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
Lol i'm in the same boat as you I have and love my 87 buick Grand National. Girls don't love it, or really like it, but when they ride in it and see how fast it is they are like wow. I run about 19psi of boost, it runs high 12s (stock settings). You should look into an intercooler, lowers knock and the chance of detonation. I wouldn't run 12 psi on that thing with out an intercooler, you will definatly blow a head gasket. check this site out, i used to be into volvos. actually I might still get one, www.jagsthatrun.com

Lol its got the factory Volvo inter cooler man. Don't worry. I'm not stupid heh!!

You ever been to www.turbobricks.com?

MagnuM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I.A.F.Y.B. said:
Let me throw something out here for you. Do you want a girl thats into you or your car?? Cause if thats the case. The women will only be into materialism and thats not the girl you want.

But, for the opion. I'd go with the Caddy.
Hmmm... I didn't really mean it this way.

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
personally I would go the volvo AS LONG as it is clean and tidy not a beat up sh!tbox... even when I pick up older women they love the thrill of being smashed back into their seat and the sound of a nice spool it gets them a lil giddy at times. yeah sure the caddy is nice and all for what it is but it isn't top of the line of what it is so that makes it just an average driver. whereas the volvo has some spirit and character to it ( and a turbo :D )

I'm just in the process of supercharging my RB30E in my Holden VL and can't wait to go for some sprints up the mountains.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's weird this thread was made, I been thinking about buying an 2005 Cadillac deville.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is an unwritten rule that says that for an old car to be considered "cool" or a classic, it has to be a coupe or convertible. For whatever reason, cars with four doors (even high-end ones) rarely obtain cult status. So although a turbocharged 245 is a neat car, it can hardly be called "sexy".

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bokanovsky said:
So although a turbocharged 245 is a neat car, it can hardly be called "sexy".
.... who called that shoebox sexy? because they are ugly as hell and that's what everyone loves about them when they DOSE down the street with a nice flutter. Not all cars need to be a 2dr or convertible to be cool or classic, I would love a nice big 4dr rumbling down the street! or a nice ute. Cars are too variable to please everyone, man if you are happy with one more than the other then drive it if not who cares boost in whatever one you want to take for a spin that night :D