Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Violin... or any other instrument?

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Does anyone play an instrument seriously?

I play Violin myself.
I've been playing since I was 7.
Used to hate it, but now I love it.
It's something i get excited about everyday.
There are no good paying professions that are related to violin that I know of, so i guess i'll just have to suck it up and be an engineer/doctor or something.
I was thinking of getting a regular job, and then when i get enough money, start a violin company of some sort.

Anyone else care to share about their musical talents?

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been playing electric and acoustic guitar since 7 years old. I'm 21 now so I got some practice under my belt. I love to play and learn new things but, sometimes I get out of playing it then, come back again.

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to learn violin, or any other non guitar string instrument. I'd probably fvck a cello up!! :D

I play drums, guitar, bass, and piano. It's been a dream of mine to do something music-related for my career. Unfortunately the way the music industry is now is making it harder for bands to really break out into mainstream anymore. Even live shows are becoming harder to do. But it's in my blood, and fvck it, I can never truly let that dream go.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I played violin when I was in fourth grade and alto saxophone from fifth grade to my freshman year of high school. I could probably pick up my saxophone skills rather easily if I had one laying around and could remember how to read the sheet music. I presently own a Yamaha keyboard and am learning how to play it, because I am building a small studio for electronic music production.

Music is both a hobby and obsession. It's best left as a hobby to satisfy the obsession of music, and then after while if you can thrill and excite people with your music, then you can start to make a career out of it, but otherwise be satisfied with it being a hobby of passion.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
play the keyboard a bit, used to play both trumpet and violin, and i'm learning the sax now.

My bro on the other hand is a professional level keyboardist. he's got one of the newer Korg keyboards right now (forget which one it is, but it's ridiculously complicated) and he plays excellently.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so you know, average engineering salary is well under 6 figures. and the coursework is heavy enough to turn you into a big nerd. so you make enough to be comfortable, but not enough to live lavvy

piano since i was 7, drums since junior high, plus a ton of hiphop gear (mpc, mv, etc)

DrD77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been playing the guitar for about 2.5 years. i love listening to music and hope to play small shows in a band one day. I don't think that I'll ever pursue being in a band for a profession.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've played the violin since I was in 4th grade.. I think that means since I was 9. they taught it at school and I played all though high school, for the youth sympthony. I started playing the piano a year later and that's my primary insturement of choice now.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy is an amazing violin player and makes a fair living. He basically just takes whatever gigs he can; he's in four different bands. He mentioned his best paying shows are in a DMB cover band, who usually get a decent crowd out.

Personally, I play the guitar, but it's only a hobby.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll add. i haven't touched a violin in about 3 years, and I have no doubt i'm still a better violinst than pianoist.. and i'm a good pianinst

Sojourn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the process of teaching myself both piano and electric guitar. Its pretty hard at least for me, but I'm loving every minute of it.

dj_jazzybrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Piano, guitar, drums, and bass for me :)
Ive been focusing mostly on the pinano lately.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
22 years of guitar under my belt. Just got my Les Paul out of the shop today. My cat knocked it over and cracked the neck right under the first fret.

RokyRoc

Don Juan
Reaction score
Started learning ocarina. I am feeling a bit limited coming from guitar... but always fun or frustrating!