Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Video games, false reality, and the DJ

danny987

Don Juan
Reaction score
I myself am a DJ in training, but this is something that i luckily learned long before my quest to become a DJ. The concept of how false reality things such as video games and tv are hurting your happiness. Let me try to explain this. Remember when the sims came out? That game was HUUUUGGE!!!!, ut what did you even do in this game? It was a life simulator! Now just think about that. instead of living your life you would rather go spend 40 bucks on a life simulator? So i started to think what the more popular games are now. The two that strike me the most are Halo (or all other shooting games) and my least favorite Guitar Hero.

So as for halo? you go around shooting things with your fake little gun. so how about instead you go play airsoft or paintball? Believe me this are much more intense!

What about Guitar hero? In my opinion this game is outrageous. I know firnds of mine who were maricles at guitars. I mean these people have a great future in music. But for the past few months they have been playing fake guitar. WTF!!!!!! Why dont you play the actual guitar??? i think these people are just crazy!

in conclusion stop living your life in a screen and go do some real living.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Paintball my ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/squirrels000/arsenal.jpg

:D

Funny you should mention that, though...last time my friend and I went to the range, I was going to take his Guitar Hero "controller" out of his car and shoot it to pieces.

That's what really started digging in me about the "Grand Theft Auto" series. The original was just a fun exercise in causing chaos, whereas by the time they got to San Andreas, it was like you were living another life in that game. Had to put it down and go outside.

Looking back, I spent a LOT of time in my youth playing video games. I really wish I hadn't.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Paintball my ass.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/squirrels000/arsenal.jpg

:D

Funny you should mention that, though...last time my friend and I went to the range, I was going to take his Guitar Hero "controller" out of his car and shoot it to pieces.

That's what really started digging in me about the "Grand Theft Auto" series. The original was just a fun exercise in causing chaos, whereas by the time they got to San Andreas, it was like you were living another life in that game. Had to put it down and go outside.

Looking back, I spent a LOT of time in my youth playing video games. I really wish I hadn't.
Sell me your Glock pleaseeeeeeee:D *pleads*

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Arsenal? Right. Nice AR though.

I'm thinking about getting a Glock 35 C and an aftermarket barrel to convert it to 357 SIG. I really like my G32 but I'd like something bigger to shoot regularly at the range. The other Glock I have is the G20, fun but not the same frame.

I recently picked up an XD-45 5" and while it's OK I have a few issues with it. The factory sight picture is odd (cover the target) and the trigger isn't as good as the Glocks, which are already sort of marginal.

My favorite range gun was my Kimber but I sold it like an idiot. Rule #22891 - Never sell a perfectly good gun.

On the subject of games, sometimes it's crap weather or you feel like staying inside - nothing wrong with rounding up a few friends and running around World of Warcraft a little. I know that since I'm hours away from my brothers playing online is the best interaction we get on a weekly basis. Just make sure your best friends aren't people you only know via Blizzard software.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, I've been forced to stop playing Halo 3 until my Xbox 360 is back from repairs.

Its finally given me the chance to fight my way through Resident Evil 4.

RE4 > Paintball

Still its a good point to be had to not overdo videogame playing so decent post but I'll never agree with anyone who says to eliminate videogames entirely as they are my passion in life lol.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point! I'm done with this fake Grand Theft Auto crap and I'm off to steal a real police car and beat up some actual prostitutes.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just dont like it when VGs become a whole life of someone. I know people, guys and girls, who make guitar hero and halo their lives on a friday and saturday. Actually, a screen runs their lives Sunday- Saturday.

noirsake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Video games...blah I used to do that thing like all the time. After you stop for a while, you don't care anymore. I used to be up to date on what games are kick ass and which consoles are releasing etc. but I just started making myself busy and guess what? I havn't bought a game since oct 7 2006. lol I remember coz that was my friends bday. Guys, video games arent bad IF you literally have nothing to do or when youre sick.

danny987

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
Good point! I'm done with this fake Grand Theft Auto crap and I'm off to steal a real police car and beat up some actual prostitutes.
thats the spirit!

on a more serious point, i wasnt implying you completely stop playing, i was just saying limit them.:rockon: yeah i just hung out with some of my friends for around ten minutes. 7 out of the ten they were talking about guitar hero!

armadon

Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL I had a guitar hero party and you wouldnt believe how many chicks showed up for it. it was a total hit.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem here is that video games give you a false sense of accomplishment. They're a quick and easy way to get a feeling of effectiveness & mastery, something that men crave.

But after you've had your fix, now what do you do? Your need for mastery had been satisfied, and there is therefore no compulsion to go out and accomplish things in life. The motivation is drastically reduced because, heck, you just wiped out an entire squadron of Nazis. The subconscious mind, thinking that is actually just accomplished this deed, now tells you that you need to rest and chill for a while.

I have found this to be extremely destructive in my life. I used to live for the next combat flight sim. What a waste of time. There is absolutely nothing wrong with spending a reasonable, limited amount of time playing these games, but I advise you to examine yourself to see if these games are giving you that false sense of accomplishment. The price we pay for that is steep.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in the entertainment business. I've worked in the video game business, too. Most of my friends and colleagues are in the video game business. I know plenty of guys in that business, who are the biggest geeks about games, who are either successful family men or successful with women. Some of them even look like the guys I aspired to be more like back in high school, or the guys who earned reputations as badasses and brawlers. If you think video games hurt your "game", or if you think loving video games gets in the way of "real life", you're an idiot.

Nothing except your life (and perhaps the lives of your children until they're ready to solo the world) should take over your life. Playing video games is just another aspect of living. It's not a waste of time unless you think it's wasting your time.

Oh, by the way, humans have been playing all sorts of games since they were human. Games are part of our learning process. They help us create models of the world, allowing us to test for causes and effects. Games, not just video games, play an important role in shaping our identities, forging relationships, and how we live our lives.

(By the way again, the people in the video game business are just about the hardcorest partiers on the planet. They're in the business of fun, so they love to have lots of fun. Most love to drink and go wild. Next time you're in San Francisco when the Game Developers Conference is going on, join the parties around town. The absolute hardcorest partiers on the planet are the people in the special event business, but most of them are women.)

Reaction score
The worst thing about this site is so many people seem to lack common sense. I play videos games cause I enjoy them. There isnt anything wrong with that because im not a sad person. If I play them 24 hours a day then theres a problem but I dont.

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea all that time spent on video games could be spent aquiring real skills and qualities that actually make life enjoyable. even getting into the fantasy world of books is much better becuase it improves your language, social skills and knowledge. even getting a menial job would be better becuase you'd be interacting with people and making money. remember, time lost is lost forever. what you do today will either make you more or less prepared for tomorrow. experiencing the pain and frustration of the real world is necessary for success. no pain no gain. step out of your comfort zone. instead of maxing out the skills of an rpg character you should work on your own social skills, fitness and talents. instead of playing sports games you should play sports. instead of playing fps's you should do martial arts, or join the military or something. take some real risks or else let your balls atrophy while you zone out in front of a tv.

Demon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
instead of playing fps's you should do martial arts, or join the military or something.
Did you know that the online game America's Army was developed by *shock!* the U.S. Army? Did you know that the U.S. armed forces actually encourages people to play video games? Did you know that the U.S. armed forces actually employs the use of video games to train soldiers for combat, linguistics, and critical thinking?

beastmaster79 said:
yea all that time spent on video games could be spent aquiring real skills and qualities that actually make life enjoyable.
Playing video games doesn't make life enjoyable? Hrm... something's wrong with you. Did you also know that skills gained through video games carry over into success in the workplace? And thus success in life? What!? They do!? Yeah, read a book (Got Game: How the Gamer Generation Is Reshaping Business Forever) instead of pretending to be an expert. Oh, wait, you could be writing books instead of reading them. Nevermind!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Crazy Asian said:
m4a1 (colt)
glock
M4- super 90
usp
Close. The AR-15 is a Rock River (well, what's left of it...it's getting an NFA makeover) and the shotgun is a Remington 870 with a Knoxx SpecOps stock.

But this isn't a gun thread. Sheesh...they just come out of the woodwork. :D

artalexakis

Don Juan
Reaction score
to me video games relieve my stress and depression. so they can be good and also bad.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Video games are for relaxation and just having fun. Sure, it's better to go out there and do real stuff, but if you just want to chill out for a couple of minutes and play a game, I don't see anything wrong with that. Just don't turn it into a lifestyle.