Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

vegan protein

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi. I've been reading a lot of articles about protein, and opinions differ. It's better to get everything I need from food, but when I don't have time, I use protein in a vice. Found a vegan protein https://gym-expert.com/best-vegan-bcaa/, looks great, would be interesting to hear more opinions from those who have tried it as well. Powder or pills, what would you choose? I also use protein powder for baking.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Protein powders are good for convenience as you say. Without protein powders I’d never have achieved my fitness goals.
I use whey protein powders, but 2 years ago I tried pea protein. It tasted absolutely awful and after 3 days on it I decided to bin the entire bag. It was a struggle to finish a shake. I returned to whey and order and progress was restored.

Im however sure that there are many who have enjoyed a better experience with non-whey protein powder than me. Im looking forward to hearing their responses too if they are here.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm allergic to anything "Vegan", "Vegetarian", "Gluten Free", any milk other than cow milk. This is a by-product of feminism IMO and why it's gotten pushed out so hard to everyone. We've never had this back in the day.

Bill Gates is buying up tons of land across the US to push his plant based meat agenda across. But just look at him. If you want to be like him then good.

Personally why process plants soooo much to be like meat?

Sorry for the tangent and rant.

Whey has been proven over time. I haven't seen too many dudes outside of the rare exceptions that look good on a plant based diet. Take it for what it's worth.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm allergic to anything "Vegan", "Vegetarian", "Gluten Free", any milk other than cow milk. This is a by-product of feminism IMO and why it's gotten pushed out so hard to everyone. We've never had this back in the day.

Bill Gates is buying up tons of land across the US to push his plant based meat agenda across. But just look at him. If you want to be like him then good.

Personally why process plants soooo much to be like meat?

Sorry for the tangent and rant.

Whey has been proven over time. I haven't seen too many dudes outside of the rare exceptions that look good on a plant based diet. Take it for what it's worth.
Everything is getting rammed down our throats: plant-based diets, electric vehicles, vaccines backed by flimsy research, feminism, the whole nine yards. Bend over and take it with a smile or resist and get crushed

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use a vegan mix made of pea protein, rice proteins and quinoa so there are some carbs inside too.

Nothing against whey but not sure if the milk they get the milk from are treated with hormones or anti-biotics also I notice much less under skin bloating.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Protein powders are good for convenience as you say. Without protein powders I’d never have achieved my fitness goals.
I use whey protein powders, but 2 years ago I tried pea protein. It tasted absolutely awful and after 3 days on it I decided to bin the entire bag. It was a struggle to finish a shake. I returned to whey and order and progress was restored.

Im however sure that there are many who have enjoyed a better experience with non-whey protein powder than me. Im looking forward to hearing their responses too if they are here.
I like the taste of pea/sprouted brown rice protein. Same amino acid profile as whey, none of thr bloat issues that the majority of whey users deal with. Whey is highly reactive to many people and causes low grade chronic inflammation with constant usage in many people. Concentrated dairy is an issue...same issue many have with greek yogurt.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Vegan protein is an oxymoron.

Plants simply don’t have the protein bioavailability of eggs, milk, meat, and seafood.
Most of the issue is in the amino acid profiles themselves, specifically that very few contain high amounts of leucine which is the key amino acid in the body and the one the body uses as the marker for protein levels.

This is why pea protein is important because it is one of the only vegan sources of high leucine. Combined with brown rice protein they have nearly identical AA profiles to whey.

Truth be told, protein powders are simply a convenience and most people take far more protein than they need. The more trained you are the LESS protein you need because you are doing less damage to the muscle tissue and the body has also adapted to use protein much more efficiently. There has never been a study done that shows the body can use more than .68 grams of protein per lb of lean body mass. This would probably put most 180-200 lb guys in the 100-120g of protein a day camp. Even when researchers increased it to double 95 percent confidence which is the gold standard for any study conclusion, the amount only became .84 grams, which would put it at 120-140g of protein.

Most people take in far in excess of that which is both inefficient and wasteful as unless you are on steroids which overrides the limiting factor of protein synthesis in the body, it won't be used.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the taste of pea/sprouted brown rice protein. Same amino acid profile as whey, none of thr bloat issues that the majority of whey users deal with. Whey is highly reactive to many people and causes low grade chronic inflammation with constant usage in many people. Concentrated dairy is an issue...same issue many have with greek yogurt.
Thanks for sharing your experience with non whey options. I was drinking pea protein with a face like a smacked bottom wondering “is there anyone on earth who enjoys this stuff?”
Little did i know my brother Back78 takes his pea protein in sips to prolong the pleasure haha. Good to know bro

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience with non whey options. I was drinking pea protein with a face like a smacked bottom wondering “is there anyone on earth who enjoys this stuff?”
Little did i know my brother Back78 takes his pea protein in sips to prolong the pleasure haha. Good to know bro
Hahaha...usually I do one of 2 things. I make a smoothie:

1 scoop of pea protein
1 scoop of rice protein
1 cup of blueberries/strawberries
1 TBSP of raw honey
1 TBSP of organic flaxseed oil
1 TSP moringa powder
1 TSP chlorella powder
1 TSP wheatgrass powder
1 TSP matcha powder
1 TSP glutamine
3 cups of water

Or I put the above in a cup of oatmeal and eat it

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the issue is in the amino acid profiles themselves, specifically that very few contain high amounts of leucine which is the key amino acid in the body and the one the body uses as the marker for protein levels.

This is why pea protein is important because it is one of the only vegan sources of high leucine. Combined with brown rice protein they have nearly identical AA profiles to whey.

Truth be told, protein powders are simply a convenience and most people take far more protein than they need. The more trained you are the LESS protein you need because you are doing less damage to the muscle tissue and the body has also adapted to use protein much more efficiently. There has never been a study done that shows the body can use more than .68 grams of protein per lb of lean body mass. This would probably put most 180-200 lb guys in the 100-120g of protein a day camp. Even when researchers increased it to double 95 percent confidence which is the gold standard for any study conclusion, the amount only became .84 grams, which would put it at 120-140g of protein.

Most people take in far in excess of that which is both inefficient and wasteful as unless you are on steroids which overrides the limiting factor of protein synthesis in the body, it won't be used.
Well articulated again there bro.
Im 5’7 and about 210pounds at present, and am taking circa 200g of protein a day, operating on the 1g per pound of bodyweight rule

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well articulated again there bro.
Im 5’7 and about 210pounds at present, and am taking circa 200g of protein a day, operating on the 1g per pound of bodyweight rule
That's well above what you can actually use...probably 50-60 grams more. But the calories have to come from somewhere and in general, calories from protein are better than those from fat or carbs as they require 25% of the energy they provide to use it and act as metabolism increasers as well...

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha...usually I do one of 2 things. I make a smoothie:

1 scoop of pea protein
1 scoop of rice protein
1 cup of blueberries/strawberries
1 TBSP of raw honey
1 TBSP of organic flaxseed oil
1 TSP moringa powder
1 TSP chlorella powder
1 TSP wheatgrass powder
1 TSP matcha powder
1 TSP glutamine
3 cups of water

Or I put the above in a cup of oatmeal and eat it
Its not very often that I encounter someone who knows his stuff like you, even in the lifting community.
Moringa is in my arsenal too and its a beautiful herb.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's well above what you can actually use...probably 50-60 grams more. But the calories have to come from somewhere and in general, calories from protein are better than those from fat or carbs as they require 25% of the energy they provide to use it and act as metabolism increasers as well...
You nailed it. I try to make sure that a chunk of my calorie needs come from protein for the reasons you’ve highlighted. Protein calories are less damaging on the end product than those from carbs or fats.

Im an ectomorph naturally and had to battle my way up from 120pounds. If I relax on my total calorie intake I drop mass in super quick time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t make any attempts to “monitor” protein intake other than just eating more food. My regimen is:

-Peanut butter in Oatmeal for breakfast
-Almonds as snack of choice
-Brown Rice & black beans + 4-6 oz protein all mixed into my salad for lunch from previous nights dinner leftovers. If no leftovers I’ll use a 4.25 oz can of Sardines
-Greek yogurt with more nuts as mid afternoon snack
-protein source at dinner it’s either chicken breast, fillet of fish, steak, or an entree with ground turkey

On workout days I’ll throw in an extra can of sardines pre or post-workout depending on my hunger level.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-Almonds as snack of choice
I like a lot of nuts but if you can, try to eat Brazillian nuts or Macadamia nuts. They are said to be the nuts that aid the most in testosterone levels.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I like a lot of nuts but if you can, try to eat Brazillian nuts or Macadamia nuts. They are said to be the nuts that aid the most in testosterone levels.
Olive oil as well...it allows superabsorption of cholesterol in the Leydig cells in the Testes which helps to increase T production.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi. I've been reading a lot of articles about protein, and opinions differ. It's better to get everything I need from food, but when I don't have time, I use protein in a vice. Found a vegan protein https://gym-expert.com/best-vegan-bcaa/, looks great, would be interesting to hear more opinions from those who have tried it as well. Powder or pills, what would you choose? I also use protein powder for baking.
Make sure no soy. Try hemp or pea protein. Try iron vegan protein. Avoid soy.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A high protein diet has somewhere around 90 grams protein a day with no other dietary restrictions. You must even this protein out between meals (30 at breakfast, 30 at lunch, 30 at dinner). However, most people tend to skip protein some or entirely in the early stages of the day and then chow down on burgers and dairy late in the afternoon and evening. Make sure you are spreading your protein 30-30-30, not 20-20-60 like some people do, it is MUCH, MUCH MORE EFFICIENT. TRUST ME.