"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Valentines Day coming up, best course of action? Discuss!

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
Valentines Day = Febuary 14th, and thats less than two weeks away. What makes it nice is that this one will be on a Saturday, so an event can be planned for the day.

Ive been going out with this girlfriend for maybe a month, and I cant just ignore the day. What Im thinking is to plan something for that day, and give her a small box of chocolates ( I know she loves them ) and a single rose, somehow during the night. I have no idea what Im going to plan or how Im going to give them to her yet.

Give me some feedback, let me know if you guys think its too much, and feel free to share any ideas you all may have for Valentines day.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
I know it seems romantic, but it stinks of AFC to me. Try to give her a memory instead of a gift, try something that she's always wanted to do but never has.
 

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
well, thats going to take some creativity, yet the last thing I want to do is come on too strongly.

I am still not sure what I can do, but if I ignore the day I know her friends will kill me and she will wonder why I didnt do anything. This is why I started this thread.
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
S FLA
All you macho *****s

I am sick of you people like Jonny Football Player saying that giving ANYTHING to a girl is AFC. What is wrong with you? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving your girl something on valentines day as long as you dont go overboard. A small box of chocolates and a rose for valentines day is perfect and she will love it. It is valentines day for gods sake, chill out with the macho i dont give girls anything garbage and learn how to be a damn boyfriend. Definately plan something special to do for the day as well though.
 

WhAcKeD!

Don Juan
Joined
May 24, 2003
Messages
187
Reaction score
3
Age
39
Re: All you macho *****s

Originally posted by SomethingCreative
I am sick of you people like Jonny Football Player saying that giving ANYTHING to a girl is AFC. What is wrong with you? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with giving your girl something on valentines day as long as you dont go overboard. A small box of chocolates and a rose for valentines day is perfect and she will love it. It is valentines day for gods sake, chill out with the macho i dont give girls anything garbage and learn how to be a damn boyfriend. Definately plan something special to do for the day as well though.
Agreed. You guys need to start realizing that giving something to a girl ESPECIALLY on valentines day isnt AFC, its fvcking human. Stop being pansy's and get her something small like he did. Thats a perfect gift.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jonny football player

yep.


I'm sorry i made a mistake here. I posted this in response to some one asking for help. In my experience my idea works. But obviously you two have tried this out. So i'll take my ideas and help and keep them. Because that is what this board is about.

Definately plan something special to do for the day as well though.
Well damn me, wasn't that my advice? Just because you have an opinion, doesn't make it right.
 

WaRpEd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 19, 2003
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Location
Over Yonder
I am sick of you people like Jonny Football Player saying that giving ANYTHING to a girl is AFC.
Amen...you gotta get em' something on friggin VALENTINES DAY! or you'll be seen as a fvckin jerk (not in a good way (if their is a good jerk ;) ))

...maybee something small like
A small box of chocolates and a rose
....or something that they would not have never ever have expected. (I read somewhere that works reaaaally well).
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
S FLA
So you are telling me that you have not gotten your girl somethin on valentines day and it worked out well for ya? Hey, if it worked then more power to ya... but dont expect it to work again.
 

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
ok i see your point. Now see mine.

Lets analyze with Jonny.

You: Here you are my love, a rose and chocolates for Valentines day.
HB:Why thankyou, this reminds me of last year when my previous boyfriend gave me , a rose and chocolates.
You: do you not like them?
HB: it's not that it's just i will have countless boyfriends over the years and every valentines day will be the same, this day will just fade into obscurity.

Get my point?

And by the way, where in any of my posts did i say ignore valentines day? i just said do something rather than give something.
 

OneByOne

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2003
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Age
38
hmmmmmnn, im thinking she better get me something, since the 12th is my birthday, ill probably get her some form of chocalate, probably not a card since they suck
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
S FLA
Like you said JFH, she won't remember the small gifts, and I didn't say to say I love anywhere. The point isn't that she will remember the gift or not, she shoudl remember the day like you said, not the gift. But it is just plain rude not to get your girl something on Valentines day, regardless of what it is.
 

PatrickWasHere

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Virginia
.

I was going to give like 5 girls red condoms and tell them all its the key to my heart.
Then smile. :D
As of yet, no luck with the red condoms. If ic an find none, they all get a hug.
 

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
johnny football hero makes a good point, but I dont think this particular girl has ever goten a rose and a small box of chocolates for Valentines.

Thanks to everyone who replied. yes, something definately will happen at Valentines day, and since now I have one of my friends involved with one of her friends, it might turn into a double-date sort of thing.
 

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
I dont know where i got this from, but a girl said "a valentines gift is worthless if you just buy her one gift in the whole yr" - i agree, she knows a gift is coming, give her a memory not money
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
Gentlemen... do not stress yourselves on this holiday. Perhaps many of you have forgotten one important thing about Valentine's Day. Many of you are probably sitting at home trying to think of something very creative and dashing for your better half... save your brain matter. Unless you have been with your girlfriend for more than six months (if that is the case, feel free to IM me for creative ideas) the Valentine's Day basics will more than do. For women... Valentine's Day is about the sentiment, not the gift. It is not about you gentlemen... it is about her. She wants to parade around your school with ballons, bears and flowers. So save yourself the trouble, hassle, and headache... be typical. Get her, her flowers and ballons or chocolates so she can show them off to all of her friends... especially the ones with Valentine's. Again... if you have been with a girl longer than 1/2 a year... I can give you some good ideas.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top