Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Users that joined in the early 10s or late 00s, are you still there?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious since I no longer see users that were used to post a lot.

Wondering if its just "growing up" and having different priorities or else.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As you can see I'm new here and older. I'm not growing up completely, not ever, its too boring. I do learn some good stuff here, and realized some old mistakes. Now to your question. Speaking for myself, I read some seriously lame stuff here. A new guy will come on and is completely out in the dark with zero chick skill, then a week later is miraculously the master dj know-it-all.
Then there's the flame wars. And some classless TMI subjects that should be kept private. It can be annoying. My guess is many posters give up on it. For me, it's entertainment with some good all around tips and reminders on how to not Dork out. I'll stick around.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

They are all either married, or single and getting laid a lot since they learned everything about girls...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been here since 2007

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red pill conversations are becoming more mainstream and you're able to find lots of voices on YT and in different podcasts now, etc. Hence I'm able to expose myself to just enough for me not to need to check in here too often.

For me, I quickly glance over post titles and see if there's anything original, unique, or specifically relevant to current circumstances in my life.

I also sometimes specifically scan for particular posters, generally those who are a bit older and with more wisdom. But it seems they don't post too much anymore either.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined in 2009 and I've been here steadily ever since. I'm not very typical though, because I'm older and I didn't come here to learn pickup.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I think a lot of men eventually settle down with some woman and try to make it work for 5-15 years before the divorce happens. While betas gleefully settle earlier if they can, plenty of alphas get into their 30s, see their social circle pairing off and then marry someone themsevles. It spectacular fails. The alpha often becomes more beta over the course of the LTR.

Sir FB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined in 2009 and I've been here steadily ever since. I'm not very typical though, because I'm older and I didn't come here to learn pickup.
Ok I’ll bite. What did you come here to learn? And what about this place has kept you coming back?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I’ll bite. What did you come here to learn? And what about this place has kept you coming back?
Well, since you ask:
I was 48, I was dealing with the thought of becoming 50. There was an identity crisis of sorts. In my more positive moments, my self image was of a desirable older man. I had always known/believed that young women could be attracted to older men. I was thinking that "desirable older man" was probably going to become just "old man" soon. So I was looking into the concept of women being attracted to behaviors, to see if that might be able to compensate for the age. I had a girlfriend, so I wasn't looking to learn pickup. It was more of a self image thing I was dealing with. That was the kind of brief whim that brought me here, but I got over it.

I think I was around 52 when I noticed a subtle change in the way younger women treated me. It's like any other change in life, you just have to adapt. But aside from all that, I found the subject matter here to be very interesting, and the forum a good place to discuss almost anything, so I've stuck around.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn 2005...some people didnt have a fast internet connection back then.

In 2005 this was a whole different world even compared to the late 00s.

How old are you now?
Mid 30’s.

This also isn’t my first account. That one dates back to 2001.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here since 09, hardly post much anymore, in a relationship now, no need to really, i just come to read and brush up on advice

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mid 30’s.

This also isn’t my first account. That one dates back to 2001.
So you came here when you were a teenager, or younger? That's pretty wild.

I always thought that this information would have benefited me a lot more if I had found it when I was younger, maybe in my late teens or early to mid twenties. But I also wonder if I might have used it irresponsibly and ended up getting some girl pregnant, or getting an STD, or ruining my life in some way or other.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only been on this forum since last year but have been in and out of the community since 2005. Dropped out between 2012 and 2018 as was in a relationship. Got super-active again as soon as I came out of that.

The game is very different now in many ways, though I've aged pretty well, am quite good looking and have a job with status, which I think helps me a great deal. However I think it's much harder nowadays for guys who are less physically attractive because so much of what's considered 'dating' begins through a screen. Everything is reduced to looks and status, whereas back in the day you could circumvent this stuff irl with game and charisma. Can't do that if you're not even getting on a woman's radar.

Social media has also (as has been said many times on the forums) given women a much wider pool of men to choose from. They're constantly validated so even the 7's think they are 10s. The hottest women don't even have to get a job nowadays and they have blue tick celebrities sliding into their Instagram DMs. That's what we're competing with today. Moreover, every guy is 'approaching' online, whereas back in an earlier era you could get a huge head start simply by having the balls to approach. Things have got much harder in many ways for guys, hence the growth of 'black pill' communities and angry incels.

That said, I still do OK: I put a lot of work into my game the last couple of years and I've done well and banged some hotties by any standard. But it feels like more of a slog these days and the women are a lot more openly hypergamous. If I was a 'regular guy' I'd be horribly jaded by it all.

Last edited:

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you came here when you were a teenager, or younger? That's pretty wild.

I always thought that this information would have benefited me a lot more if I had found it when I was younger, maybe in my late teens or early to mid twenties. But I also wonder if I might have used it irresponsibly and ended up getting some girl pregnant, or getting an STD, or ruining my life in some way or other.
Yep, came here during my early High School years.

A LOT has changed since then, in terms of this site (and posting styles), technology, ect.

If I went back in time and told myself what the world would be like now (technology-wise, game-wise, ect) then I would have been one super confused person...Well, even more so than usual.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I went back in time and told myself what the world would be like now (technology-wise, game-wise, ect) then I would have been one super confused person...Well, even more so than usual.
Probably about as confused as the rest of us.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined in Oct 2009. I was in a bad marriage and clueless about women. I was about to turn 40 and realized everything I was doing in life, with the exception of work was completely wrong.

Back then I was reading posts from backbreaker and others. I learned a lot. Read much more than I posted.

Fast forward to today. I am 51 and I celebrate my 4-year wedding anniversary tomorrow with my 2nd and last wife. I used what I learned on this site get into a relationship with her.

We have amazing chemistry and the marriage is fairly effortless. We work well together.

Last night something happened...I never thought a man could get a woman to do.

Every weeknight, I give my wife massages while I get to have Star Trek on the TV. Last night she actually laughed at a Ferengi joke on an episode of Voyager! Never thought that could happen.

She has literally made every dream I have had a reality. But it is a weird feeling knowing you are with the best person you could possibly be with. Very cool though

I still come here once and a while to see what people are up to. And I sometimes post advice here a few times a year when I have time.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I joined in Oct 2009. I was in a bad marriage and clueless about women. I was about to turn 40 and realized everything I was doing in life, with the exception of work was completely wrong.

Back then I was reading posts from backbreaker and others. I learned a lot. Read much more than I posted.

Fast forward to today. I am 51 and I celebrate my 4-year wedding anniversary tomorrow with my 2nd and last wife. I used what I learned on this site get into a relationship with her.

We have amazing chemistry and the marriage is fairly effortless. We work well together.

Last night something happened...I never thought a man could get a woman to do.

Every weeknight, I give my wife massages while I get to have Star Trek on the TV. Last night she actually laughed at a Ferengi joke on an episode of Voyager! Never thought that could happen.

She has literally made every dream I have had a reality. But it is a weird feeling knowing you are with the best person you could possibly be with. Very cool though

I still come here once and a while to see what people are up to. And I sometimes post advice here a few times a year when I have time.
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition Number 112

"Never have sex with the boss' sister"