Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

upper body isnt built symetricly

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive been doing strength training for some months now plus other sports and ive noticed that all my muscles on my right side are bigger than on the left. What could cause this and how can I correct it? thanks

Just-In

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem like you on my dominant side mainly because I played tennis and kick the football with my right leg.

I also ride quite alot and that helped even out the differences. My muscles became leaner though. But if you're trying to bulk up then you should focus your weights more on your left side. Do extra sets for your left side.

That helped sort out my problem.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what i've been thinking about this is to work out both sides with dumbells with the same amount, but just keep training like that until your left catches up with your right.

i.e. if you can do 40 lbs per arm, 10 reps w/left and 18 w/right. work each with 40 lbs until failure. eventually your left should catch up with the right, then you can evenly increase the weight.

any comments?

BuddhaSMASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, what he's saying is don't increase the weight until BOTH arms can handle the weight. Eventually the weak arm with catch up with the strong one. You follow?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should never work one side harder than the other. Just train them the same with seperate dumbells, and it will work out with time.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you sure the muscles are bigger? It's possible your skeleton is out of whack. Can you lift more with one side than the other? My left pec looks a little bigger, but it's just because my left ribs protrude more than the right. Doc said it is normal...