"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Update: "Low IL, What to do?"

crack_her

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Click for original thread

Well, I went to her bar for a friends party. I acknowledged her by giving her a kiss on the cheek and a smile. I was having a blast with my friends and could see that she kept looking my way through periphiral vision. She came by later and we made small talk. At about 11 pm. I asked her for my tab and she asked me "Are you leaving already?" I said "yeah, gotta go". I left without saying "bye". I had to go to another party, my friends stayed behind.

That's how it went after not calling her for 6 days. After seeing her, I feel like calling her again. Help!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

crack_her

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Oh, I left out that during the night my girl friend initiated a karaoke song but didn't know how it went. I finished it and the place gave me a nice aplause. I do sing really well - no seriously, I really do. American Idol well, not joking, maybe better. :cool:

However, I don't think she was so impressed because she heard me sing much more difficult songs than the one my friend played last night. But at least I gained points in the "social proof" category.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Let her call you first - you did your job by acknowledging her - nothing more is necessary.

After two weeks of no contact - ask her to do a fun activity - see what she says.
 

crack_her

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
TO: PRL

PRL,
I was going to wait a week, then ask her out. You say 2 weeks? Why 2?

Also, you say fun, I was thinking dinner. Is it because fun things are less intimidating as far as sex goes? This maybe key because she thinks I want her only for sex.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
I'm thinking she is intrigued by your suave voice and DJ personality and that she'll want to call you within 2 weeks, if she doesn't then this is the kind of girl who wants a guy to make the first move. Wait ten days then if not two weeks. Remember you said her IL was low - this is a good test!

Dinner and moviea are boring dates - save that for old folks who are more established and sophisticated. A 'fun' activityallows the tension that may exist between you two to be released in a playful manner and them she'll be more open and relaxed around you. Also, after having fun, she'll be more open to a second date.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

crack_her

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Well here's the update. I saw her Friday night at her work. We talked and she seemed friendly/happy to see me. When I left, I told her that I'd call her. Today I called and she didn't answer. I think she actually "declined" my call because the voice mail came on after only 3 rings. I left a message for her to call me back and she didn't. I guess she's not interested anymore.

I know now that I have to forget about her but it's tough when my close friends like to hang out at where she works.
 
Top