"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Unexpected attraction

simmy

New Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
42
My first year at uni approaches and things are complicated. My girlfriend and I have been seeing each other for like 7months. She is younger than me so she will be at school next year. That's not really the problem because we will still be living near each other and can see her all I want. But in recent weeks I have felt something building between me and her friend Mary (fake name). Me and her friend have hated each other for like a year but over the past months we have got on well. One of my friends says that ''Opposites Attract'' which I think is kind of strange, me and mary are kind of different anyway. She goes for bad boys (idiots) which im not, she likes r'n;b and rap and I well........ don't mind it but prefer other types. Oh and another thing.....I’m white and she is Indian. Not a problem for me but she has maintained that white guys are not for her. My current girlfriend is also Indian but more open minded. Recently though things have been slowing getting more friendly between me and mary and every time I say something she seems to laugh all the time. I feel a lot more comfortable in her presence and just want to hold her which might sound weird. I just always think back to those times we hated each other and I think why is this happening? For some reason I stayed with her when we got our exam results and actually told my friends to go on ahead. it all felt very natural and as I could fell her pain from her results she kept wanting a hug from my girlfriend but my girl was sleeping a hangover off. I didn't offer and I could see she was upset. A few days later she rang up my girlfriend and kept talking about me saying ''how cute'' I was and ''sweet'' etc......... but then she said ’’if only he was Indian’’ This angered my girl and she rang up showing her concerns asking me if ''I was attracted to her''? The this last Thursday things erupted when my girlfriend hit me and accused me of looking at her constantly. I suppose I’m guilty considering what she was wearing that day. She looked great!! I never used to be attracted to her because I just saw her as fat. That night we all went out to a night club which I thought was not a good idea. For some reason I ended up holding her hand as my girl went missing in the club, they were both drunk so anything could happen. My girl wondered off like an idiot so I was left with mary who had just finished kissing some random guy. We just held hands and to be honest I couldn't tell you who grabbed who's hand. It felt erotic?????? for god's sake me and my girl have had some hot sex. Why would I get turned on by it?? I didn't want to let go but I did. Then I turned round as she tapped me on the shoulder and then she hugged me......then there was this pause for about 3-4 seconds as we moved apart....it was just looking into the eyes stuff. It was really nice but I my girl was missing. I don't know what is gunna happen now? does she like me? doubt it because she was drunk!! she does talk about me allot though. I would like to know what you guys think and whether she likes me? I’m rubbish at working out what girls want.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2003
Messages
763
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
I only read the couple first sentences and the last sentence.

I’m rubbish at working out what girls want.
The whole story can be summed up by asking yourself a question. Unstead of what a girl might want, what do YOU want.

Figure that out and go for what you want. Make no regrets but also have a good heart. Trying to hook up with your gf's friend could just be lust.

Search your heart.....
 

simmy

New Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
42
I have been thinking comnstantly for the last week. I think i'm scared of finding out what would happen because of the hate that we had for a long time. It wasn't pleasant being around her at times but i have always liked something about her.
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
go watch the cartoon Hey Arnold
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
you go after single girls if you are single. it's less fooken stressful that way.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

simmy

New Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
42
the girl in the cartoon is a lot more harsh than mary but our relationship could be seen as similar lol.
 

simmy

New Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Even though i have sex before and done stuff......it was the most intense feeling i have ever felt holding hands with mary. The pause was very exciting aswell.
 
Top