"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Undersatnding fear in DJs

Walden

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2003
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
5
Location
New Zealand
Allright , my name's Mike , I'm a DJ. I have mad f***ing DJ skills and I'm built like a brick sh*thouse but until very recently I was paralysed by a terrifyingly low 15% approach rate.

This was massively improved for me when I read (of all things) "On Killing" by Lt Col Dave Grossman. What Lt Col Grossman argues is that people are naturally hard wired to be unable to be nasty to other people , and that this fear often masquerades as a fear of death or injury.

Oddly this applies to DJism, as follows.

If you're afraid to engage, you need to understand what it is youre really afraid of.

Most guys think they're afraid of rejection but this is not true. Example , imagine you could hit on a subordinate at work. In that situation she would not be able to reject you and would have to come along even though for her it might be horribly akward and unpleasant. No opportunity for rejection, though she would be having a very akward time.

Would you hit on her then?

I know I couldn't .

See, what you're really afraid of is making the girl feel akward.

This is why those dating agency "Singles" get togethers (eg "speed dating")work. Same opportunity for rejection , but the organisers have created a context in which it is appropriate to go and mack on a starnge woman (by formalising the approach process into the "speed dating" format). In that context there is the same potential for rejection but no potential to make the girl you're hitting on feel "weird" or uncomfortable.

Therefore,

What you should do is approach in a way where you take all the social risks yourself, you go away smoothly if she rejects you and you don't make her feel uncomfortable.

Know also that you are doing the girl a favour by approaching her, rather than putting her in the scene of recieving "unwanted attention".

Here's what I mean;

Imagine you're at a bar , and a MILF-ish looking older woman comes up to you. She's successful (nice clothes), she's confident but just not your type. You talk with her, hint you aren't interested , she wishes you a good evening and goes back to her chainsmoking friends.

How did that experience make you feel? If you're anything like me it was a genuine compliment , that would have made you feel like a guy who is *so* money that women want to meet and blag on him.

Right.

When you CA , you are paying that exact compliment to a girl.

You are doing her a favour. So get out and do that favour !
 
Last edited:

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I like this post! This is an excellent perspective to take and I believe it's true that one of the biggest fears for a lot of guys is putting a woman in an awkward position. Hence the reason nice guys find it so difficult to chat up a woman, make a move, etc.

The fact is, I have never ever been annoyed by a woman hitting on me or showing interest, regardless of whether they're not my type or not. It makes me feel great. I'm actually close friends with a lot of girls I turned down and I certainly don't feel awkward about it.
 

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2001
Messages
494
Reaction score
43
Location
NY
Insightfully new perspective.
 

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
352
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
Originally posted by Walden

What you should do is approach in a way where you take all the social risks yourself, you go away smoothly if she rejects you and you don't make her feel uncomfortable.

Know also that you are doing the girl a favour by approaching her, rather than putting her in the scene of recieving "unwanted attention".

Here's what I mean;

Imagine you're at a bar , and a MILF-ish looking older woman comes up to you. She's successful (nice clothes), she's confident but just not your type. You talk with her, hint you aren't interested , she wishes you a good evening and goes back to her chainsmoking friends.

How did that experience make you feel? If you're anything like me it was a genuine compliment , that would have made you feel like a guy who is *so* money that women want to meet and blag on him.

Right on. If you are being respectful and all, you are giving her most geniune compliment there is and she should be thankful. Bible worthy post
 

Kelson

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Excellent observation...this actually is bible-worthy :p
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top