Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Turning 40

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am turning 40 this week.

I am tall, fit, full head of hair and can pass for 35 no problem.

I think I can still pull girls as young as 28.

What has been your experience. Are women in their late 20's and early-mid 30's turned off that you have a big FOUR in front of your age?

Tom Shivoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure you can find dates in late 20s to mid 30s (I am 41 dating a lady mid-30s). I just think the bigger the age gap, the bigger the risk she will have an agenda - get knocked up, financial or whatever. But that is just in general and there is no law says every girl in that age range will be a problem case.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my early 40s. I only date 8s and 9s, 21-34 yo. The mode age is 27 yo.

This weekend, an ex Ford Model, 25 yos, I've been seeing for a month, delivered an ultimatum for an LTR, hehe.

There's one little caveat here: You have to take extremely good care of yourself; that is super fit, styled, and maintained (skin, hair, teeth) to throw around and toss top-notch hot, young women. If you want some tips in how to look 10-12 years younger, shoot me a pm.

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in my early 40s. I only date 8s and 9s, 21-34 yo. The mode age is 27 yo.

This weekend, an ex Ford Model, 25 yos, I've been seeing for a month, delivered an ultimatum for an LTR, hehe.

There's one little caveat here: You have to take extremely good care of yourself; that is super fit, styled, and maintained (skin, hair, teeth) to throw around and toss top-notch hot, young women. If you want some tips in how to look 10-12 years younger, shoot me a pm.
Could you start a separate thread on this?

In addition to all your regular confidence, looks, fun, social status, game, etc. what helps forty somethings land twenty something models?

Diet (at least 50% vegetables and lots lean protein)
Exercise (6 days week)
Lift weights to increase testosterone (helps skin & muscle tone).
Willing to spend money on fashion (maybe car, house, tickets, dinners, etc).
Good grooming
Propecia or professional hair dye (if needed)
Highly successful Career

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you start a separate thread on this?

In addition to all your regular confidence, looks, fun, social status, game, etc. what helps forty somethings land twenty something models?

Diet (at least 50% vegetables and lots lean protein)
Exercise (6 days week)
Lift weights to increase testosterone (helps skin & muscle tone).
Willing to spend money on fashion (maybe car, house, tickets, dinners, etc).
Good grooming
Propecia or professional hair dye (if needed)
Highly successful Career
I've had this request from others before. Here's a summary:
  • Yes, testosterone & anti-estrogen (and HGH);
  • Exercise for aesthetic symmetry and bf 10-12% range, size no bigger than a fitness model;
  • Physique: 10% Exercise 90% diet (low glycemic or low carbs and anti-inflammatory foods to keep lean and dry especially if using T);
  • If hot date, and need a little extra bang, manipulation of water intake (1g, 1g, 1g, 1/2 g, 1/4 g--Mo-Fr) to keep extra lean;
  • Weekly at-home chemical peels. I use glycolic acid 50%, not too strong but strong enough to make a difference;
  • Depending on the condition of your skin, Ultherapy from a board-certified dermatologist (game-changer right here);
  • Exfoliate, then use WattsBeauty 100% Hyaluronic Acid (Great stuff here);
  • Avodart/Finasteride, RU58941, and Rogaine (The Big 3);
  • Immaculate style (tailor-fitted, hugging but not tight blazer, shirt, pants, high-end watch, Italian square-toe shoes);
  • Excellent grooming (immaculate hair cut/style, straightened and whitened teeth)
  • High-profile career not necessary, but helps.
Much more, but here's a start. I will create a thread soon with explicits.

Last edited:

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pfft, I just keep a portrait of myself locked in the attic.

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
  • Exercise for aesthetic symmetry and bf 10-12% range, size no bigger than a fitness model;
  • Physique: 10% Exercise 90% diet (low glycemic or low carbs and anti-inflammatory foods to keep lean and dry especially if using T);
  • Weekly at-home chemical peels. I use glycolic acid 50%, not too strong but strong enough to make a difference;
  • Depending on the condition of your skin, Ultherapy from a board-certified dermatologist (game-changer right here);
Thx - to me aging well has been:
Diet/exercise - lots of work to be 10-12% bf (imo that is less than 5% of 40 yr olds)
And
Style (you really must have tailored everything: pants, shirt, jacket and be willing to spend $ on best brands and update frequently).

I have not thought about or tried:
Chemical peel
Ult therapy
Exfoliate acid
Testosterone/HGH
Botox
Skin crime

If you had to narrow this cosmetic list down, which two would you start with?

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thx - to me aging well has been:
Diet/exercise - lots of work to be 10-12% bf (imo that is less than 5% of 40 yr olds)
And
Style (you really must have tailored everything: pants, shirt, jacket and be willing to spend $ on best brands and update frequently).

I have not thought about or tried:
Chemical peel
Ult therapy
Exfoliate acid
Testosterone/HGH
Botox
Skin crime

If you had to narrow this cosmetic list down, which two would you start with?
Depends what you need. Skin care for all ages is important, but in your 40+ age bracket, requires specialized focus.

How old are you?

Some people might say, “Hey, Guru, why do you invest so much into yourself?”

Because I’m worth it.

Those who claim to be being exceling in any feat without the discipline and hard work demanded are story-tellers. Why else would a 25-year old high-end model want to date a man in his 40s outside of monetary/status reasons?

Is it all worth it? That’s for each of us to decide. I sent a pic to you via PM. You tell me.

To answer your question. I can’t narrow it down. All are important.

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Got it. Thx
Looking good. Can't tell any cosmetic stuff, just look natural. Well done and I will try some. Keep taking down those young models (I think a lot of 20 yr olds attracted to forties for numerous reasons).
I'm similar age/look to you.

I think Justin Hartley is the goal for forty year olds.

PS- I'm not sold on the Italian square toe.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had this request from others before. Here's a summary:
  • If hot date, and need a little extra bang, manipulation of water intake (1g, 1g, 1g, 1/2 g, 1/4 g--Mo-Fr) to keep extra lean;
  • Immaculate style (tailor-fitted, hugging but not tight blazer, shirt, pants, high-end watch, Italian square-toe shoes);
  • Excellent grooming (immaculate hair cut/style, straightened and whitened teeth)
  • High-profile career not necessary, but helps.
I agree with what you're saying Guru, but the only problem I have is with all of the testosterone, HGH, anti-hair loss chemicals, botox etc.

As I'm sure you already know, men aren't judged by the same beauty standards as women.. so I'd have thought that things like that are your personal preference. I don't think I buy into the idea that it really makes that much difference to women, assuming they're already dressing well, taking care of their health and everything else is in order.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though.. @BeExcellent @LiveYourDream @sazc I'd be interested to hear your opinions on this.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am turning 40 this week.

I am tall, fit, full head of hair and can pass for 35 no problem.

I think I can still pull girls as young as 28.
I'll be 40 in one year. My GF will be 24 by then.

You cannot let your age dictate who you're qualified to date. It should be your own conscious decision on which women qualify to be with you. Remember, you are the prize and they are the contestants.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I started doing face peels, botox, chemical peels, exfoliatiation, and applying skin crème the women I date would think I was GAY! All of this sounds like what a bunch of women would do. How much time are you "guys" spending in the bathroom? lol, you wear skinny jeans too? :p

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a matter of time before the shaming police would come aboard this thread with, “This is not what real men do. Only faggots tend to their physicality!”

Yet, no one here would not say such a thing to me face to face else get their mouth ripped off ;)

Howiestern, you are younger than me. In one of your threads you stated the girl in your LTR was in her late 40s and her kid was getting married.

Now …

1) Why does a man in his 40s who dates women in their 40s (with adult children) feel the need to shame other men in their 40s who date the hottest women in their 20s? Real question.

2) Why do you allow social constructs dictate and direct how you, a "real man," should behave?

3) If tending to your physicality were "gay," then I assume, you instead, should:
  • Allow your hair fall out because real men do no use hair products;
  • Eat like a real “man” and carry high bodyfat levels;
  • Leave your teeth stained because real men do not get them whitened;
  • Don’t do cardio because real men would not be caught dead on a treadmill;
  • Don’t tend to you skin as real men do not concern themselves about their appearance;
  • Don’t shop and dress in style because real men can’t be caught dead shopping for shoes, and fitting their clothes;
This way you can stay a "real man" and date the grandmothers of my gfs.:)

SteR, maybe you are correct. Much of this could be frivolous. Let's try your route. Answer these questions:
  • How old are you?
  • How much younger are the women who you date?
  • Are the women you date in the same looks caliber of high-end models?
  • If the hottest, genetically-gifted women spend hundreds/thousands of hours per year tending to their appearance, why do you think you could attract these women by not doing much?

GunShow85

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I started doing face peels, botox, chemical peels, exfoliatiation, and applying skin crème the women I date would think I was GAY! All of this sounds like what a bunch of women would do. lol, you wear skinny jeans too? :p
Don't hate the player...hate the game. I am with guru1000 on this 1000%.
You laugh at skinny jeans, but seriously unless you live in Alabama you need to be wearing skinny (or at least slim fit) jeans.

Interesting - I have two groups of friends:

Good Ole Boys - Half of my friends are outdoorsmen. These are men that get their haicut at procuts, have belly's, drink lots of beer, wear baggy clothes, and old suits.

Metro - Half of my friends are uber metro. These are men who really care about what girls think and like being known as "hot." They get their haircut at designers salons, wear expensive clothes, excellent shape, etc.

While my sample size is about 20. I can assure the ladies love the "metro men" and the "outdoorsmen" are invisible. I can go out with the good ole boys knowing that we will not be approached by women and girls will quickly get out of a conversation with them. On the other hand, a night out with the metro crew will be filled with IOI's, girls buying us drinks, looks from all the girls, etc.

These guys are the same age, income, education. But at 40, there is a huge gap between guys that let themselves go because they are real men and don't care about looks and the guys who really care.

If I can impart one piece of wisdom on this site it is: Attraction Starts with Looks (physical appearance)
This difference is two groups is amazing!

PS - I can attest to guru that guys like him and other metro are dating the young models, while the "real men" are dating the older woman with kids. This is the law of nature. Be your best self!

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't hate the player...hate the game. I am with guru1000 on this 1000%.
You laugh at skinny jeans, but seriously unless you live in Alabama you need to be wearing skinny (or at least slim fit) jeans.

Interesting - I have two groups of friends:

Good Ole Boys - Half of my friends are outdoorsmen. These are men that get their haicut at procuts, have belly's, drink lots of beer, wear baggy clothes, and old suits.

Metro - Half of my friends are uber metro. These are men who really care about what girls think and like being known as "hot." They get their haircut at designers salons, wear expensive clothes, excellent shape, etc.

While my sample size is about 20. I can assure the ladies love the "metro men" and the "outdoorsmen" are invisible. I can go out with the good ole boys knowing that we will not be approached by women and girls will quickly get out of a conversation with them. On the other hand, a night out with the metro crew will be filled with IOI's, girls buying us drinks, looks from all the girls, etc.

These guys are the same age, income, education. But at 40, there is a huge gap between guys that let themselves go because they are real men and don't care about looks and the guys who really care.

If I can impart one piece of wisdom on this site it is: Attraction Starts with Looks (physical appearance)
This difference is two groups is amazing!

PS - I can attest to guru that guys like him and other metro are dating the young models, while the "real men" are dating the older woman with kids. This is the law of nature. Be your best self!
Well stated.

Gunshow85 said:
But at 40, there is a huge gap between guys that let themselves go because they are real men and don't care about looks and the guys who really care.
Reminds me of a girl I dated recently: I recently learned a guy whom I knew from childhood is dating her mother. :D

Men, your appearance lends to instant attraction--with little/no "game" needed. Keep your appearance impeccable.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men, your appearance lends to instant attraction--with little/no "game" needed. Keep your appearance impeccable.
Agree generally. Most men don't realize that if a woman is attracted to them physically, what they do or say (game) will either lock her in or lose her.

And yeah, I'm "gay" too. I dress well, stylish blazers and jeans, nice shoes, work out, eat right, pay attention to my physique, pluck nose hairs, whatever. I think the line of demarcation that women draw is if a man is overly fussy and narcissistic about his appearance - i.e. constant attention in public and private. (Like an actual gay man might be.) That is where attraction can turn to repellant.

SteR

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SteR, maybe you are correct. Much of this could be frivolous. Let's try your route. Answer these questions:
  • How old are you?
  • How much younger are the women who you date?
  • Are the women you date in the same looks caliber of high-end models?
  • If the hottest, genetically-gifted women spend hundreds/thousands of hours per year tending to their appearance, why do you think you could attract these women by not doing much?
I'm not for one minute bashing you here. What I am challenging is that this is necessary for every man to date the calibre of women you're talking about. The only reason I say this is because you're talking about using substances that carry real risks. (For the record I'm actually pro-steroids, but I don't think they should be used without proper knowledge of what you're doing). Telling guys to hop on Testosterone, start using Botox and start taking Propecia to land hot girls doesn't sound sensible, nor do I believe to be true. Of course that'll appeal to girls who are interested in their guy being jacked, having no wrinkles and having a full head of hair.. but that's not every girl, and maybe not even the majority - you're applying female beauty standards to men. They're not the same.

In terms of what I am and who I date, it doesn't matter. I'm only early 30s so I'm probably not in the age bracket that even has to worry about physical decline just yet (although for the record I've always trained religiously since I was a kid, so this doesn't really apply to me.. yet). The point is whether I'm getting the calibre of girl that _I_ desire... and I am. And I'm not using drugs to do so.

Remember, I do agree with you that a man has to take the best care of himself possible and try to perfect himself in every facet of his life, but what you're talking about is going beyond the norm. Steroids, Propecia and Botox are not necessary.